What's new

Dubai Airshow: No UAE Decision On Typhoon, Rafale

Why not F-35? Both of the two can not be considered as next generation

Why not F-35? Both of the two can not be considered as next generation
USA will never give them F-35 even if it gives them that will not be good version because they have to give F-35 to Israel they will not give same quality to planes to UAE or Saudi Arabia

USA will never give them F-35 even if it gives them that will not be good version because they have to give F-35 to Israel they will not give same quality to planes to UAE or Saudi Arabia

The quality of the F-15SA beat the Israeli ones big time. Same apply to the UAE current f-16.

The French Rafale is a twin engine multirole fighter which will fit perfectly for the Saudi Navy. I think UAE should consider the DR for the navy too and go with the EF for the Air Force. Btw, UAE currently manufactures some EF components.

It does not take two. It does take a, DR or EF. The one offering the most technology transfer. Aircraft, engine and missiles. Is the requirement non-negotiable. ;)

It does not take two. It does take a, DR or EF. The one offering the most technology transfer. Aircraft, engine and missiles. Is the requirement non-negotiable. ;)

RSAF operate the F-15 and EF as well. Why can't the UAE? Also whats wrong with having RD for the navy? I don't see an issue with that. When it comes to ToT the French are a little flexible.

RSAF operate the F-15 and EF as well. Why can't the UAE? Also whats wrong with having RD for the navy? I don't see an issue with that. When it comes to ToT the French are a little flexible.

It have already the F-16s (USA) like F-15.

The two - DR and EF - do not will offer technology tranfer the same time - This is the only way to put pressure on them for negotiations - and it will have a huge work ‘to absorb technology’ on one that will be retained.

Last edited:
They are upgrading their Mirages,any chances that in the end the Emiratis won't buy the Rafales/Typhoons and stick with the the M2K's ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom