What's new

Bahrain agrees to a military base for Britain's Royal Navy

I can't wait to see the upgrades the British will make on Port Mina Salman. :)

another base in a Gulf dictatorship . congrats.

That's none of your business as a Farsi. Bahrain is not your country. No Arab country is. Bahrain is an ancient sovereign Arab state.
Iran is a much worse dictatorship than Bahrain. Don't throw stones if you live in a glasshouse.

I personally don't agree with this move but Bahrain is a small state and if their rulers see this is a good move then who are you or anyone else to say the opposite?

The world powers would always have an influence on the Arabian Peninsula simply due to that region being one of the richest regions in the entire world resource and mineral wise and for its very strategic position. With a rabid Iranian regime next by this can be a toxic mixture.

It's very much well-known that Bahrain and the UK have close ties.

The US has bases in the UK, Germany and dozens of other countries (including Turkey in this region) yet if small Bahrain, Kuwait (that was attacked 20 years ago by a madman), Qatar or UAE have it (as allies of the West) it is a huge problem for some. Hilarious.

You think that that are no benefits of those mainly US bases? If not you are not very sharp.

We simply can't expect anything else from client states and stooges of western countries.

Maybe small Bahrain should follow your "lovely" and VERY "successful" policies.:lol:

Big words from an Iranian. Turn the time back 36 years and you know how the reality looked like. Let alone the majority opinion of your countrymen. If Iran could have as good relations with the West as the GCC most Iranians like you would be begging for that right now. Maybe then they would not be living in misery.

We are all waiting for Iran to throw all evil Western influence outside of the ME and to give us freedom, hope and prosperity.

I don't understand the Iranian protestation since this is Bahrain's Internal Affair.

I didnt know the monarchy was so scared of its own people to such extent that it needs the British royal navy, on top of the US fifth fleet, to constantly be there. lol

The Al-Khalifa dynasty has been ruling Bahrain for 250 years. Only in the last 4 years have there been any major unrest. Which is getting more and more sporadic.

Bahrain have their own challenges that they need to solve themselves if they want to advance further. They don't need Iran for that.

Is that so? Why were none Americans involved in the unrest in Bahrain then? Only the local army, police and other GCC states (read KSA). That was enough to calm the situation down.

What do Iran need all those terrorist proxies for let alone Basij in the hundred of thousands (if not millions) such as those if they do not fear their own people?

How did the regime deal with the peaceful protests in 2009 once again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Iranian_election_protests

Or later and earlier protests?

How do they deal with dissent? I tell you. Either long prison sentences (torture obligatory of course) or death.

Let's not throw stones if we live in a glasshouse mate.

Lastly if regimes of the ME trusted each other there would be no foreigners or at least it would be much harder for them to establish themselves in the region but this process already started over 100 years ago…..Iran learnt it the hard way too.

I don't understand the Iranian protestation since this is Bahrain's Internal Affair.
Japan is a friendly country, so the example may not be appropriate, but to make you understand, will you stay silent if for example we amass hundreds of ballistic missiles or chemical weapons right off the coast of Japan?

Didn't U.S almost go to war with USSR over Cuba missile crisis? it was Cuba's internal affairs after all.

We shouldn't look into world's affairs with hypocrisy glasses.
That's none of your business as a Farsi. Bahrain is not your country. No Arab country is. Bahrain is an ancient sovereign Arab state.
Iran is a much worse dictatorship than Bahrain. Don't throw stones if you live in a glasshouse.

I personally don't agree with this move but Bahrain is a small state and if their rulers see this is a good move then who are you or anyone else to say the opposite?

The world powers would always have an influence on the Arabian Peninsula simply due to that region being one of the richest regions in the entire world resource and mineral wise and for its very strategic position. With a rabid Iranian regime next by this can be a toxic mixture.

The US has bases in the UK, Germany and dozens of other countries (including Turkey in this region) yet if small Bahrain, Kuwait (that was attacked 20 years ago by a madman), Qatar or UAE have it (as allies of the West) it is a huge problem for some. Hilarious.

You think that that are no benefits of those mainly US bases? If not you are not very sharp.

Maybe small Bahrain should follow your "lovely" and VERY "successful" policies.:lol:

Big words from an Iranian. Turn the time back 36 years and you know how the reality looked like. Let alone the majority opinion of your countrymen. If Iran could have as good relations with the West as the GCC most Iranians like you would be begging for that right now. Maybe then they would not be living in misery.

We are all waiting for Iran to throw all evil Western influence outside of the ME and to give us freedom, hope and prosperity.

All the blabbering won't make them less stooges. They are simply client states who need western daddies to protect them.

I dont understand Japanese protests on China making move on Diaoyu Islands. Its internal Chinese matter. :D

:nono:

Japan is a friendly country, so the example may not be appropriate, but to make you understand, will you stay silent if for example we amass hundreds of ballistic missiles or chemical weapons right off the coast of Japan?

Didn't U.S almost go to war with USSR over Cuba missile crisis? it was Cuba's internal affairs after all.

We shouldn't look into world's affairs with hypocrisy glasses.

I understand your concerns. But in my opinion the presence of the Royal Navy may be serve as guarantor of peace in the region, lest any trigger-happy Bahraini, Irani, Saudi, Emirati navy captain should start a shooting war in this strategic region. Given the fact that this region is a major energy supplier of the world, the justified concern of many powers is understandable.

I see the presence of the Royal Navy as a good, and may prove to be beneficial for not only the GCC states, but also for Iran. This is my humble opinion.

Regards,

:nono:

I understand your concerns. But in my opinion the presence of the Royal Navy may be serve as guarantor of peace in the region, lest any trigger-happy Bahraini, Irani, Saudi, Emirati navy captain should start a shooting war in this strategic region. Given the fact that this region is a major energy supplier of the world, the justified concern of many powers is understandable.

I see the presence of the Royal Navy as a good, and may prove to be beneficial for not only the GCC states, but also for Iran. This is my humble opinion.

Regards,

Actually it's not a too far-fetched idea. Judging from how we Arabs and Iranians conduct ourselves when issues of mutual interest are discussed this is not such a crazy idea. I also understand that no world power is going to trust any leadership of the region 100%. Look at my post number 22 in this thread for further explanation.

Off course it is our business. We regard this is as a security threat. What nation would not prefer to NOT have foreign military bases in its immediate neighborhood?

Obviously the Bahrain regime (and the rest of GCC for that matter) looks at it from a different set of glasses, as they rely on foreign powers such as the UK and US for regime survival.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom