What's new

Back Again - 14 Aug Airshow by Stealth

who says Saudis have incompetent pilots . I don't think so .
Combat competency has more to do with a strong, competitive, combative and clear mind paired with knowledge and control of the machine. Aerobics usually require a good degree of latter

Though I don't think Saudis would be as bad as 'incompetent' on that front as well

Combat competency has more to do with a strong, competitive, combative and clear mind paired with knowledge and control of the machine. Aerobics usually require a good degree of latter

Though I don't think Saudis would be as bad as 'incompetent' on that front as well
Couple it with technology and superior equipment . I think they have one of the best air force in muslim world if not less .

Couple it with technology and superior equipment . I think they have one of the best air force in muslim world if not less .
I think with the performance in Yemen, we should not comment on that ... No doubt Saudis are equiped with best equipment in the muslim world but I think operationally they have to improve alot especially on the gorund strike and close air support ....

I think with the performance in Yemen, we should not comment on that ... No doubt Saudis are equiped with best equipment in the muslim world but I think operationally they have to improve alot especially on the gorund strike and close air support ....
Have their plane been shot down there ? and you cant bring down a insurgency in days . Look at Pakistan or even at US .

Have their plane been shot down there ? and you cant bring down a insurgency in days . Look at Pakistan or even at US .
How can a plan can be shot down if opponents lacks and SAM and airforce ...

I think you have no idea about Yemen conflict ... Saudis are unable to get control of even the capital city ... Pakistan is fighting in the tribal areas, mountains, forests but despite putting boots on the ground and having support from local Saudis are unable to get control of major cities ... Furthermore, collateral damage is high and CAS is not adequate ...

How can a plan can be shot down if opponents lacks and SAM and airforce ...

I think you have no idea about Yemen conflict ... Saudis are unable to get control of even the capital city ... Pakistan is fighting in the tribal areas, mountains, forests but despite putting boots on the ground and having support from local Saudis are unable to get control of major cities ... Furthermore, collateral damage is high and CAS is not adequate ...
Capturing Objective is always done by Infantry and Armoured Units.They have bombed shit out of them, bombardment against Gurillas requires an accurate intelligence of Targets.
They are lacking in good Infantry, Armoured and Intelligence units.

Capturing Objective is always done by Infantry and Armoured Units.They have bombed shit out of them, bombardment against Gurillas requires an accurate intelligence of Targets.
They are lacking in good Infantry, Armoured and Intelligence units.
Probably you are right but as of now I have not seen a single incident in which Saudis have proved the worth of equipment in their hand ... On paper it is even powerful than China and Russia ... they have the best 4++ generation aircraft of thw world ... the GCC coalition is equipped with all possible combination of 4++ generation yet uptill now nothing impressive in yemen or anywhere else ...

So I am back to my original comment, we should refrain from posting them to one of the best Muslim airforce till the time they prove the worth ... just on paper specs should not be the basis ...

@Stealth First awesome and great shots man well done. Second please tell me if you have any high tec Video , if you have please do shear . Thanks a lot .

If a country's air force is capable of performing at an airshow, especially with close proximity formation flying, that means mastery of the aircraft is not in question, even if such skills are confined to only the elites. The questions then are what happens to those skills ? Why are they not disseminated to other airmen ? If not, what are the barriers to that dissemination ? Not every soldier in the army is a sniper quality marksman, but every soldier must possess the minimum skills with a rifle.

Mastery of the aircraft often -- if not usually -- internally encourages exploration into other areas of combat expertise. The individual pilot is motivated because now he understood his new skills' boundaries. The issue now is the institutions of the air force if those institutions are amenable to pilots' further education and training.

Therein lies the problem for countries that must import their defense. In speaking for the air force, which is the usually most technologically complex branch of service as not every country has a navy, the lack of progress in advanced education and training usually demoralizes that air force. As they have to buy the jets, their budget often do not have excess funds for advanced training. Whereas if the country has its own defense industry, combat aircraft can be custom tailored to meet unique needs, which usually motivate the government to allocate funds to develop advanced education and training for its air force.

Going back to the army example. Not every soldier is a sniper, but for the air force, practically every pilot must be within a certain range of proficiency to each other, in other words, every fighter pilot is a 'sniper' equivalent due to the technologically complex systems the air force must learn and maintain. Not advancing those skills is like restricting that army sniper only to the ranges, not the woods, and only to 100 meters. Once a person is trained to an advanced skill, the odds of having that person being bored increases unless he is continually stressed.

Once a person is trained to an advanced skill, the odds of having that person being bored increases unless he is continually stressed.
This is spot on .... High caliber talent always seeks to be challenged ... if not provided with an appropriate level of challenge they tend to become bored ...

If a country's air force is capable of performing at an airshow, especially with close proximity formation flying, that means mastery of the aircraft is not in question, even if such skills are confined to only the elites. The questions then are what happens to those skills ? Why are they not disseminated to other airmen ? If not, what are the barriers to that dissemination ? Not every soldier in the army is a sniper quality marksman, but every soldier must possess the minimum skills with a rifle.

Mastery of the aircraft often -- if not usually -- internally encourages exploration into other areas of combat expertise. The individual pilot is motivated because now he understood his new skills' boundaries. The issue now is the institutions of the air force if those institutions are amenable to pilots' further education and training.

Therein lies the problem for countries that must import their defense. In speaking for the air force, which is the usually most technologically complex branch of service as not every country has a navy, the lack of progress in advanced education and training usually demoralizes that air force. As they have to buy the jets, their budget often do not have excess funds for advanced training. Whereas if the country has its own defense industry, combat aircraft can be custom tailored to meet unique needs, which usually motivate the government to allocate funds to develop advanced education and training for its air force.

Going back to the army example. Not every soldier is a sniper, but for the air force, practically every pilot must be within a certain range of proficiency to each other, in other words, every fighter pilot is a 'sniper' equivalent due to the technologically complex systems the air force must learn and maintain. Not advancing those skills is like restricting that army sniper only to the ranges, not the woods, and only to 100 meters. Once a person is trained to an advanced skill, the odds of having that person being bored increases unless he is continually stressed.

There is also the not so small matter that most aerobatics is done on trainers. Where actual jets are used, it doesn't involve high g maneuvers that push the envelope of performance. Also, in combat, synchronized maneuvers will lead to a big synchronized pile of roast turkeys. Finally, evasive maneuvers such as supersonic flight are out of the question.

lol its gureilla warfare . Saudis have bombed shit out of them . You need boots on ground to capture cities . It is not a video game . As far as collateral damage is concerned , take a look at world class USAF . It is not like targeting a designated military target .
the GCC coalition is equipped with all possible combination of 4++ generation yet uptill now nothing impressive in yemen or anywhere else
what is impressive according to your definition ? A full scale war or what ?
So I am back to my original comment, we should refrain from posting them to one of the best Muslim airforce till the time they prove the worth
it is the most absurd comment I have ever seen . how can they prove their without going to war . Look at PLAAF . they have zero combat record and experience as compared to say USAF or even PAF . does that mean their air force is worthless .
On paper it is even powerful than China and Russia
no , it is not .

Back
Top Bottom