What's new

"Baby" banned in Pakistan.

Well Roy will be releasing soon enough
The trailer looks promising

Wazir looks good as well

The movies aren't banned I guess
It's just the distributors are not willing to take the risk

Now a days .....you can see your own actors in Bollywood...And they are doing pretty good
yeah wazir seems to have an interesting subject ...i liked bomkesh bakshi too

Too many spy movies this year??? :blink:

Too many spy movies this year??? :blink:
yeah..i think thats because public is bored to death with the regular romantic genre , otherwise never had imagined yrf giving chance to a director like dibaker bannerjie

@Mosamania @al-Hasani @Altamimi @JUBA @Bubblegum Crisis @Full Moon @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend I think our Saudi brothers should watch this movie in this movie for first time they have shown that Indian agencies plan a operation inside Saudi Arabia to kill a man Saudis should really watch this movie and enjoy

To clarify, operation happens to be in Saudi to catch a Pakistani man. Just to be clear, nothing negative has shown against Saudi Arabia, infact police officer from Saudi helps Indian agents in the end.

meanwhile in india.........:rofl:

Bollywood 'shocked' over Pakistan's ban on 'Baby'
By IANS
Published: January 24, 2015
Share this articlePrint this pageEmail
826935-AnupamKher-1422097392-403-640x480.jpg

Anupam seeks reconsideration of the decision. PHOTO: AFP

MUMBAI: The team behind Bollywood film Baby that stars Akshay Kumar is in a state of shock over the film’s ban in Pakistan.

While producer Bhushan Kumar is still wondering why, actor Anupam Kher emphasised the need to move beyond borders and look at the universal problem of terrorism.

“The film is about anti-terrorism. Sometimes it is important to go beyond territories and understand who is the enemy — is it a country or a bunch of people?” Kher told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

Confirming the ban, Bhushan said: “Yes, we got a confirmation from my distributor that it has been banned in Pakistan. I don’t know why this happened. If you watch the film, you will know we are not talking about a country, we are only talking about terrorism.”

A representative of the film’s distributor, Everready Pictures, shared the news about the film being banned “because it portrays a negative image of Muslims and the negative characters in the film also have Muslim names”.

Bhushan supported Anupam’s stance on the film being against evil and not any country or religion.

“We are trying to figure out what needs to be done,” Bhushan told IANS.

Directed by Neeraj Pandey, the movie revolves around an undercover unit, formed to keep an eye on the movements of terrorist groups and to quash their plans to disrupt peace and harmony.

The film also stars Rana Daggubati, Danny Denzongpa and Taapsee Pannu and was released in India on Friday.

The film also features Pakistani actor Mikaal Zulfiqar and Rasheed Naz.

“I feel that it is a pity that the film has been banned even after the fact that it has Pakistani actors in it,” Anupam Kher, who plays one of the key roles in the film, said, adding that he felt the film should have reached the people.

“Today there is no particular country that is to be blamed for terrorism. It is all over the world. I feel it should have been shown as it is about a situation, which needs to be addressed. The ban is an official stance, which is necessarily not looking into the problem of the people,” Kher added.

After the ban, Anupam Kher seeks reconsideration of the decision. He said, “Maybe if they send it to a revising committee I am hopeful that something will be done as people want to see the movie and they will watch the movie anyhow after one week.”

Amazing movie.

Although i dint quite the understand the end part where the Saudi investigator despite fully discovering the Indian team was upto and who the sick patient was why he dint stop the flight and arrest all the agents?

The deep asset confirmed the saudi investigator was a ruthless and brilliant man and potentially very dangerous.

If someone could explain that part...

a serious question is on my mind......since u have watched this fil is it true that its an attempt to make of Waar like film by indian industry?

that post has to be nominated as the best lie of year in 2015 by moderators @Horus @Oscar @waz

Dude Waar is a breakthrough for you, not us. I don't think any movie the caliber of Lakshya has been made in ak till now- and that film came 10 years ago.

do you recommend it? :)

ABSOLUELY. This isn't the usual junk Bollywood churns out. The story is consistent, the acting is good, some very very good jokes in there, Akshay does a great job. The Airtel Boss girl is his wife, she's not a good actor- should've stuck to cooking for her husband ;)

@Mosamania @al-Hasani @Altamimi @JUBA @Bubblegum Crisis @Full Moon @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend I think our Saudi brothers should watch this movie in this movie for first time they have shown that Indian agencies plan a operation inside Saudi Arabia to kill a man Saudis should really watch this movie and enjoy
--
Dear ..
how you know..
its banned in pak..
you are vocal about banning indian content .. and film is not relase in pak too ..
so where you saw?
or just preach others dont smoke while keeping 5 -555 packet in bagpack

Back
Top Bottom