What's new

Babur ready for induction

Thats exactly what im interseted in aswell, Pakistan is producing UAV's but alot of them incorperate of-the-shelf components. Though there is always the chance of complete indegenisation and I know for a fact many Universities have researched for sub-systems in Babur. Not to mention that Pakistan had the added advantage of inspecting the Tomohawk up close. :police:

I dont know,but I am yet to get convinced about the possibility of Pakistan would have used Tomahawk techs.
For example the engine. You might get to have a look at the engine however how do you prepare the materials that have been used for the engine production? Would Pakistan or China know about certain preparation mechanism used to produce the engine parts?
You might get to know the combination of fuel mixture,but how do you produce it? It ain't a simple lab excerise of mixing them up.

A volvo engine is present in buses all around the world. How many countries have managed to re-produce them? China is yet to reverse engineer RD-33/93 even though it has Russia for help. The crown of tomahawks are it's engine. And if talking about guidance it is virtually impossible. how do you see a "circuit" on a DSP chip?

I can fairly say it "looks" like Tomahawks, but it is not made of Tomahawks tech. Pakistan just made sure it looks like Tomahawks to give a spank on US's bottoms.

Well if the rumours are true that China was some how involved in the production of Babur then it would really be unwise to dicount their reverse engineering capabilities. Though i'm not saying just because Pakistan had got it's hands on a Tomo it will be Identical to it. I mean the engine Tech in the Babur is behind as seen in the Range parametres vis-a-vis the Tomo. Not to mention there will be different guidance systems incorperated in the Babur. But again the Babur is a similar kind of missile as Tomo in regards to size,flight charataristics and speed so seeing the Tomo would definately have helped the project along. HOw exactly it hepled? well I guess someone more privy to the Babur project can answer that.......

Thats exactly what im interseted in aswell, Pakistan is producing UAV's but alot of them incorperate of-the-shelf components. Though there is always the chance of complete indegenisation and I know for a fact many Universities have researched for sub-systems in Babur. Not to mention that Pakistan had the added advantage of inspecting the Tomohawk up close. :police:

1. Pakistan cannot produce a miniaturized turbofan engine itself which even China is choking to make, it is harder than making a aero engine because the technologies are exactly same, and is complex as you need to sustain the turbine temperature on much smaller metal surface means need of more smarter materials than even a aero engine would require.

2> Pakistan cannot make a turbojet engine because China recently made one add to that, the time required for the same can be from anywhere 20 to 30 years for a country with ZERO experience in engine production.

3> Making a engine is different, productionalizing it is different.

4> Pakistan does not makes RLG INS , thus guidance cannot be Pakistani.

5> Pakistan does not makes GPS recievers or jammers which only 3-4 countries make, thus again guidance cannot be pakistani.

6> The missile is not fitted with a seeker.

7> All the UAV engines that pakistani pvt industries make, are RC gas-turbine engines, one does the same in universities here.

Well if the rumours are true that China was some how involved in the production of Babur then it would really be unwise to dicount their reverse engineering capabilities. Though i'm not saying just because Pakistan had got it's hands on a Tomo it will be Identical to it. I mean the engine Tech in the Babur is behind as seen in the Range parametres vis-a-vis the Tomo. Not to mention there will be different guidance systems incorperated in the Babur. But again the Babur is a similar kind of missile as Tomo in regards to size,flight charataristics and speed so seeing the Tomo would definately have helped the project along. HOw exactly it hepled? well I guess someone more privy to the Babur project can answer that.......

Mate it is very difficult to reverse engineer materials that are needed for engine production and the process around preparing them. How do you find process for forging these parts?

If China has successfully reversed engineered the engine,please show me a cruise missile in the chinese inventory,which can travel such a distance for it's weight?

what different guidance are you talking about? Pakistan would not include GPS. At the most I am seeing either IN or terrain tech from the chinese. If terrian tech how good are the chinese maps? Are they as good as US or Russian maps? I am not sure they are.

I still say it only looks like Tomahawks.

Cons your last post has lots of wrong judgements...

shan, you cannot hide a missile test and there is no shame in making official number of tests, like our Nag went trough 56 flight trials, Astra so far around 10 trials has been done, akash 49 trials.

the brahmos engine is proven, just to verify the guidance which is Indian it took 10 tests and that too for naval version, just to make the missile body Godrej a private firm needed to make a greenfactory which makes 2000 precision components for it....

Cons your last post has lots of wrong judgements...

shan, you cannot hide a missile test and there is no shame in making official number of tests, like our Nag went trough 56 flight trials, Astra so far around 10 trials has been done, akash 49 trials.

There was article around 4 months ago where someone said after testing Babur 700km version that will be many tests before induction. Let me find it was on Geo News.

who cares if babur is not indegenious. as long as it does the job and we can make them ourselves, its totally fine. its better to get outside help to build a missile/tank/airplane than trying to be indegenous for 20-30 years.

who cares if babur is not indegenious. as long as it does the job and we can make them ourselves, its totally fine. its better to get outside help to build a missile/tank/airplane than trying to be indegenous for 20-30 years.

No problem, just dont give credit to the pakistani scientist then, for sure they didnt make it

No problem, just dont give credit to the pakistani scientist then, for sure they didnt make it

ofcourse the scientists deserve credit. its not 100% indegenous but its not 100% copied. just like Al-Khalid and JF-17.:pakistan:

It really does not matters if it is indigenous or not but I was just interested in knowing what engine it used....and even the TEL which company makes such nice TEL in pakistan just wondering?

1. Pakistan cannot produce a miniaturized turbofan engine itself which even China is choking to make, it is harder than making a aero engine because the technologies are exactly same, and is complex as you need to sustain the turbine temperature on much smaller metal surface means need of more smarter materials than even a aero engine would require.

2> Pakistan cannot make a turbojet engine because China recently made one add to that, the time required for the same can be from anywhere 20 to 30 years for a country with ZERO experience in engine production.

3> Making a engine is different, productionalizing it is different.

4> Pakistan does not makes RLG INS , thus guidance cannot be Pakistani.

5> Pakistan does not makes GPS recievers or jammers which only 3-4 countries make, thus again guidance cannot be pakistani.

6> The missile is not fitted with a seeker.

7> All the UAV engines that pakistani pvt industries make, are RC gas-turbine engines, one does the same in universities here.
Well i guess that only leaves the official line that Pakistan is saying the last possibiity. I mean they have repeatedly said that Pakistan are the third most advance country in this field of technology... I mean If Pakistan didn't get it from China then where could the engine have come from?? :confused: :undecided:

Third most adavanced country in cruise missile's...lol
There is something called weapons black market,

Aslam O Alikum
Friends pakistan ready to test fire anti ship babar crusie missile.

Back
Top Bottom