What's new

Babur Cruise Missile - Database

It is reported to be under development. There is no official confirmation yet. However there a plenty of developments that point in direction of a naval version, things like tube launched trails of the missile, vertical launch trails, formations of Naval Strategic Forces Command. All these point towards project to arm navy with land attack missiles. It is possible that it will be submarines that will get these missiles first and surface ships that will be inducted with missiles will be inducted at a later stage.
I think Pakistan will never publicly accept any Submarine based Nuclear capability due to international politics. The subs we use are French not Pakistani . So the French may still have some say on what we can do with the subs and what we cannot. Specially when the AIP is 100% made in France and all spares come from France. An embargo and stoppage of spares will outweigh any gains from chest thumping while showing off Babur being fired from a Sub.
Things may change once we have Chinese subs.

Babur serial production starts in 2004 end.so how many of them are produced.just want to know how much hell can we can give to our enemies with these

Babur serial production starts in 2004 end.so how many of them are produced.just want to know how much hell can we can give to our enemies with these
Cruise and ballistic missiles are not produced in bulk quantities but we have enough to keep our enemies at bay.

there is a question
i was comparing tomahak and babur weight size almost every thing is same but babur range is 700km and tomahak 2500 km
i saw in one clip that babur using normal fan but tomahak using turbo fan which gives extra range?
my question is what is the reason behind this difference in range?

there is a question
i was comparing tomahak and babur weight size almost every thing is same but babur range is 700km and tomahak 2500 km
i saw in one clip that babur using normal fan but tomahak using turbo fan which gives extra range?
my question is what is the reason behind this difference in range?
Babur uses a turbo fan engine as well. The tomahawk weights slightly more however that alone is not/can not b responsible for the much increased range. One main thing to consider is the engine efficiency. Just like in different cars give different mileage with similar CC engines, same goes for these missiles as well. US over the years have a much more efficient engine that they use with there Tomahawk while we lack such technology. Other thing is the fuel type, a very efficient fuel as well. Not sure what we are using with Barbur but that too also contributes to the range.

Babur uses a turbo fan engine as well. The tomahawk weights slightly more however that alone is not/can not b responsible for the much increased range. One main thing to consider is the engine efficiency. Just like in different cars give different mileage with similar CC engines, same goes for these missiles as well. US over the years have a much more efficient engine that they use with there Tomahawk while we lack such technology. Other thing is the fuel type, a very efficient fuel as well. Not sure what we are using with Barbur but that too also contributes to the range.
few of tomahawk fall during afghanistan attack in to pakistan tribal area i dont think reverse engg in material used as fuel can be done these days.the only reason i only see is our planning division that they donot want long range cruise missiles

few of tomahawk fall during afghanistan attack in to pakistan tribal area i dont think reverse engg in material used as fuel can be done these days.the only reason i only see is our planning division that they donot want long range cruise missiles
Even by this logic sir, I don't think there would be any fuel left in the missiles that apparently "crashed". By the time we recovered those, would there be any fuel left in the tanks of crashed missiles?

Even by this logic sir, I don't think there would be any fuel left in the missiles that apparently "crashed". By the time we recovered those, would there be any fuel left in the tanks of crashed missiles?
they didn't reached their destination as per my thinking fuel should be remained there

they didn't reached their destination as per my thinking fuel should be remained there
Sir they CRASHED.
:)

Sir they crashed.
Like,, you know!! CRASHED!!!
CUAQAq1WoAAgjAT.jpg

Anyway, that is a non-issue i think, there are other ways to work on the fuel efficiency and more importantly on engine efficiency. The reason that is not worked upon, we cannot know for sure.

Sir they CRASHED.
:)

Sir they crashed.
Like,, you know!! CRASHED!!!
CUAQAq1WoAAgjAT.jpg

Anyway, that is a non-issue i think, there are other ways to work on the fuel efficiency and more importantly on engine efficiency. The reason that is not worked upon, we cannot know for sure.
my dear ones i think there should be something something that had been left :)

my dear ones i think there should be something something that had been left :)
Well I cannot and am not stopping you from thinking somethings, just presenting some facts to help that thought process get on the right track. :tup:
What can i say! :-)

Babur is not fitted with a 1000Kg Thrust engine. The Babur Cruise missile is powered by 700lb thrust engine with a thrust-to-weight ratio of 4.8:1
The engine comprises a single-stage centrifugal compressor, two-stage fan with a two-stage low-pressure booster, a reverse-flow annular combustor with rotary injection, a turbine section with one high-pressure and two low-pressure stages. It uses a special high-density blended aviation turbine fuel that has more energy for a given volume than standard fuels, and can endure harsh weather conditions and long storage periods.

About fuel, The missile has a booster rocket provides additional thrust to accelerate the missile away from the launch vehicle and ground at time of launch/lift-off. This is a Solid Fuel Booster Rocket.
After the launch the middle section flight wings unfold, the booster rocket is jettisoned and the jet engine takes on for the rest of flight path. Babur have a Liquid Fuel Jet Engine.

for more:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...abur-cruise-missile-database.html#post3023390
how reliable is this source ? i dont think its reliable. its got a centrifugal compressor? rc turbines for model jets have this type of compressor. so how can a cruise missile have it.

how reliable is this source ? i dont think its reliable. its got a centrifugal compressor? rc turbines for model jets have this type of compressor. so how can a cruise missile have it.
What thing you doubt about?
The "single stage centrifugal compressor" description of the engine? Let me know and i will see what details i can find again to share with you.

What thing you doubt about?
The "single stage centrifugal compressor" description of the engine? Let me know and i will see what details i can find again to share with you.
both. i refuse to believe you have such an imature engine heck the chinese have the tri-40 you can stick that in it and it would be better and have the same thrust

pakistan missiles with sufficient deterrence, the neighboring countries especially china

both. i refuse to believe you have such an imature engine heck the chinese have the tri-40 you can stick that in it and it would be better and have the same thrust
again sir, can you please elaborate what is that you doubt to be wrong? I will surely look into it and get back to you but you have to let me know what is the thing that you have doubts about?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom