What's new

Babri Masjid case- Indian Supreme Court unanimously strikes down Muslim's petition

Yes, those people you mention are very respectworthy.

Kanhaiya is now a politician in the Communist Party of India ( Marxist ).

Umar as far as I know is part of the anti-CAA agitation in Delhi earlier this year. @Naofumi, any update on this ?

Chandrashekhar Azad's Wikipedia page has this :

And I like his takhallus : Raavan.
The Wikipedia page for his Bhim Army has this ( and I like the dark blue color of this movement ) :

Please read this interesting article.

Rana Ayyub is still a good journalist.

As for the Left overall in India, they are disunited. A few years ago I had visited the offices of CPI( M ) and CPI( ML ) and also the Center-Left Aam Aadmi Party with a proposal to create a common platform for all progressive groups. I had a few discussions with the State Secretary of CPI( M ) for my state. My idea was to eventually try to convince them to adopt the Jamahiriya theory ( formerly of Libya ). Nothing concrete came out of those meetings.

One thing though. Leftism remains existing in India despite much pressure from right-wing movements. Even in Kashmir, there is M.Y.Tarigami of the CPI(M) and in Srinagar ( Kashmir ) the historic Lal Chowk exists as is. It was named so by left-wing activists inspired by the Russian Revolution as they fought the then Maharaja Hari Singh.

@jamahir how likely do you think Modi/BJP will create divisions within India for the long run? Between the centre and the outlying states. Will it lead to a growth of the left?

Will it lead to a growth of the left?
Short answer : Nope.

Long answer : You're asking the wrong question. Left is dead and will be dead for the foreseeable future, most of the current setbacks to the BJP/RSS have come from the centrist and regionalist parties. Left had their way and they failed, that too spectacularly.

All of them are not strictly left though, just united across platforms but will appropriate each other's ideology if situation requires.
That said Rana Ayyub knows our member @AfrazulMandal personally.
She isn't or wasn't all that religious though, which may come as a surprise. :)

Long answer : You're asking the wrong question. Left is dead and will be dead for the foreseeable future, most of the current setbacks to the BJP/RSS have come from the centrist and regionalist parties. Left had their way and they failed, that too spectacularly.

My Pakistani ultranationalist fellow members will think I'm antinational for following up on Indian politics. But I have a feeling blowback to BJP will come from the South like Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Maybe even the Christians of Andhra and Orissa if they manage to unite together for a political voice. Don't know much about Bengal because Mamta has screwed up the economy and TNC is unpopular amongst the upper caste Bengalis. But talking 20 years down the line, Muslim population will be enough in Bengal and maybe even Assam to form a hefty voice in the goverment. Punjab will surely veer away from the centre. BJP and Kartarpur have revived, even if a small flame, of Sikh nationalism.

Nope, no surprise at all.
My point is that you don't have to be a religious fanatic to highlight issues and their prospective solutions. :)

My solutions are radical because abnormal situations require them. A gradual correction is something I fear won't happen. I mean, I don't expect the Chinese PLA to come liberate us from this regime. Geopolitics won't work. Similarly pro Muslim India is buried and dead IMO. Justice and equality are concepts the majority do not understand.

My Pakistani ultranationalist fellow members will think I'm antinational for following up on Indian politics. But I have a feeling blowback to BJP will come from the South like Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Maybe even the Christians of Andhra and Orissa if they manage to unite together for a political voice. Don't know much about Bengal because Mamta has screwed up the economy and TNC is unpopular amongst the upper caste Bengalis. But talking 20 years down the line, Muslim population will be enough in Bengal and maybe even Assam to form a hefty voice in the goverment. Punjab will surely veer away from the centre. BJP and Kartarpur have revived, even if a small flame, of Sikh nationalism.
The Christians in Kerala are anti Muslim. But Christians of Tamil nadu are not.

It is a weird mix. :D

I am sorry. But without strong and sustained external aggression and consistent support to internal movements - there is no chance India can balkanise.

Christians of Odisha almost no longer exist, almost wiped out. @Joe Shearer Remember the burning of the pastor and the family?

Kerala and TN won't vote for BJP anytime soon, TN had Periyar and his Dravidian movement, read about it, similar effects in other South states - a sense of regionalism. I can go into detail about each state but I hope you get the point.
OTOH, BJP doesn't need them, Hindi speaking Bhayyas are enough for BJP to be in power for even a million years.
Her Wikipedia page shows that she is a practicing Muslim.
You need to dig a little deeper bro, take cues - have you seen her in a Hijab?
There are billions of persons with billions different mindset with billions of combinations, not everything is clear-cut.
My point is that you don't have to be a religious fanatic to highlight issues and their prospective solutions. :)
She's not a fanatic when it comes to issues like TT, Hijab but she's very very far from a compromising stand with mainstream Indian politics.
he Christians in Kerala are anti Muslim.
But anti-BJP nonetheless.

You need to dig a little deeper bro, take cues - have you seen her in a Hijab?
There are billions of persons with billions different mindset with all combinations, not everything is clear-cut.
Is Hijab the only indicator of being religious among Muslims? If that's the case, then your point stands corrected.

@jamahir What Indian communists think about Abani Mukherjee, Virendranath Chattopadhyaya and others who were killed under communist USSR?

What the Indian communists think about this, I don't know as I have neither read such an article nor inquired with the aforesaid State Secretary of CPI( M ).

But in one or two years I do plan on meeting up with these groups again so I will inquire.

@jamahir how likely do you think Modi/BJP will create divisions within India for the long run? Between the centre and the outlying states. Will it lead to a growth of the left?

1. I think the poor class will hesitate in voting for BJP in the next election, having experienced lot of trouble because of the Corona lockdown mismanagement.

2. As you guess, the BJP supporters on PDF are all middle class and most of them may remain loyal to BJP in the next election. They are unlikely to being moved by stories of migrants dying on the roads or of hunger and heat on "special" migrant trains.

3. As I said before, the Left has to unite with the Center-Left under a common umbrella movement. Additionally, it is should be the name of this umbrella that should rule all the non-BJP-ruled states currently.

4. The 2016 protests in JNU university has provided India with good national progressive leaders ( Kanhaiya, Shehla, Umar etc ) who connect well with the common people. These leaders should take up ( if they are not already doing so ) the issues connected to farmers, Dalits etc.

5. The aforesaid people should collaborate with fine, new poets and writers like Aamir Aziz whose "Sab yaad rakha jayega" has become famous even in other countries.

6. In general, the Left which is now divided into various groups in India, has to consolidate. Hence my previous mention of the umbrella movement.

The Left is dead for good.

No use beating a dead horse over and over.

Please read above reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom