What's new

B’desh wants to import hydropower from Nepal

I think, your proposal of running water hydrpower is generally good, but, there are certain drawbacks in the context of flat land in Bangladesh. Running water is not available all the time in Bd, and there is little water that runs in the river system during winter. A country needs power throughout the year.

Therefore, there is no alternative than to get power from Nepal, Bhutan and Burma. These countries have high mountains. Power output can be roughly estimated by multiplying Q'ty of water (m3/sec) with the Height of Waterfall (or Head in Meter). Nepal and also Bhutan both have large q'ty and high Head.

Why are you over-emphasising the expenses? Big investment will bring about output of power. This power will generate wealth in my country's factories.

I think it is a good proposal...Power generation is good investment and it will generate jobs for investor too...And apart from that India ,Nepal and BD will be befitted and interdependence will be created...

Good step toward peace in our region.. Good luck to all involved!! Let's make it happen..

India should charge for electricity transmission through Indian territory. I propose 1000 USD per MW at least.

No free meals. :lol:

I think it is a good proposal...Power generation is good investment and it will generate jobs for investor too...And apart from that India ,Nepal and BD will be befitted and interdependence will be created...

This is the way forward for prosperity in South Asia.

It is quite telling that only around 5% of the total trade volume of South Asian countries is with each other. The numbers for much richer regions such as east Asia, Europe and North America are many times higher.

Nepal and Bhutan could quite easily become relatively prosperous countries by exporting electricity to the power hungy markets in India and Bangladesh.

Bangladesh would especially benefit as even a supply of a 1GW would substantially help it's industry to grow and create even more demand in the future which would benefit the supplier countries even more.

Well the Bangladeshis are demanding 6 billion for providing transit facility to India, so roy_gourav's rate that India should charge for transmitting electricity seems reasonable.

And, who are these imaginary Bangladeshis?

Well the Bangladeshis are demanding 6 billion USD for providing transit facility to India, so roy_gourav's rate that India should charge for transmitting electricity to BD seems reasonable.

Definitely India should and will charge for transmitting the electricity if it comes from Nepal. Even our power grid company charges customer for transmitting.

A loan? But that'd be profitable for you guys! :woot:

Not as loan, many BD members here was demanding 4-6 billion USD from India for the construction and maintenance of infrastructure needed for providing transit to us.

These are good initial steps. A regional grid for the whole of SAARC should be planned. This region has a lot of potential in it.

Not as loan, many BD members here was demanding 4-6 billion USD from India for the construction and maintenance of infrastructure needed for providing transit to us.

Kindly name these BD members and the particular threads? I don't think that's what they implied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom