What's new

Azm-E-Nau 4 Military Exercise: News and Discussions

how long did it take to build-up troops for DS. months. it was massive and overwhelming numbers which did it. who knew that the iraqis will succumb in 100 hours. no real jolt really. massive numbers combined with high tech weaponry will win - almost always!

True, your right that massive numbers and high tech weaponry will always win but not everyone has the luxury to afford both of these elements.

The US was still in the phase of transitioning its doctrine, and 'Shock and Awe' was being implemented the first time. It took the US months to build up its force because they were transporting their hardware from thousands of miles away. Compare that to US invasion in 2003, they put less than 200K boots on the ground and smashed right through Iraq's defences. Even though the numbers were fewer, improvements in training and weaponry allowed them to unleash overwhelming firepower with deadly accuracy.

If you look at the structure of the US Army now, they have moved away from exercising and conducting battles at Corps Level and moved down to Brigade Levels. PLA is also following the same battle formations now, they are also exercising at Brigade Level. Only India and Pakistan conduct exercises at Corps Level.

Spot on @fatman17 sahab.
Coupled with the fact that one of the adversary Armies was built more on political idealogy, and less on Military Training. So it fell "like a House of Cards" even though it existed in substantial numerical strength.

Your not entirely correct buddy

True, there was political ideology involved but the Iraqi Army in 1990 was quite a force to be reckoned with. Republican Guard was very well trained and equipped with the latest versions of T-72. They were simply outclassed by a new military doctrine.

Last edited:
Your not entirely correct buddy

True, there was political ideology involved but the Iraqi Army in 1990 was quite a force to be reckoned with. Republican Guard was very well trained and equipped with the latest versions of T-72. They were simply outclassed by a new military doctrine.

So well trained tht many had built prisons for themselves... and waited for the americans to arrive.. (not even joking)... Latest versions of T-72s? asad e babil or Lion of babylon (monkey models) werent the backbone of the Iraqi armed forces either.. it was t-69... also... the perfomance of the Iraqi tankers during those wars isnt hidden from anybody either...

Notorious, the republican guard comprised some motivated and battle hardened soldiers...but as such their equipment was fairly outdated. Neither the T-72 nor the Asad Babil were anything more than monkey models... and the constant aerial attacks wore their morale out badly. As such on paper the Iraqi Army was good on paper.. but in actual combat tactics,performance and equipment they were quite lacklustre. GW-1 was a great demonstration of superior technology and tactics.. but this was against a fairly in-cohesive foe. Had the Iraqi Army shown better leadership and tactics, they might have inflicted greater losses on the coalition forces.. although greater number and superior technology would have won anyway.

kk.jpg

jj.jpg

kk.jpg
hh.jpg

Attachments

• kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 50
Usually a battalion level exercise is conducted to verify the ideas. A single squadron or two will participate to verify the AF's efforts.
Battalion level..?!

Last edited:
Battalion level..?!

So janaab, can you please sum up in a few words for a layman like myself - What did we actually learn from the Azm-E-Nau Exercises & what was the purpose envisioned by them, at the planning stage, to begin with ?

Did it validate the answer to the Cold-Start-Doctrine, that we were talking about previously or were these exercises independent of that angle ?

Abbb bhai ignore na karnaaa...jawaab deiii deinaaa ! :cray:

i am sure you guys are knowing that the Indian Def Att was 'cordially' invited to witness the exercise. 
So janaab, can you please sum up in a few words for a layman like myself - What did we actually learn from the Azm-E-Nau Exercises & what was the purpose envisioned by them, at the planning stage, to begin with ?

Did it validate the answer to the Cold-Start-Doctrine, that we were talking about previously or were these exercises independent of that angle ?

Abbb bhai ignore na karnaaa...jawaab deiii deinaaa ! :cray:
When you know k i cant answer such questions, tu pochta kyn hai...? ;)

Moti baat...We are ready to take on 'any' sort of external aggression.

There is no limit to the forces like SSG, LCB, Armour, LAT/HAT, Combat/Cargo/Air Assault/Composite etc Aviation Squadrons/Flights that can be attached to a formation or be already part of a formation. Cobras forms part of the Combat Aviation Squadrons. The level at which they exists is not a secret, but i wont be the one making it available on open source.

There is no limit to the forces like SSG, LCB, Armour, LAT/HAT, Combat/Cargo/Air Assault/Composite etc Aviation Squadrons/Flights that can be attached to a formation or be already part of a formation. Cobras forms part of the Combat Aviation Squadrons. The level at which they exists is not a secret, but i wont be the one making it available on open source.

If you referring to the number operational that may not be difficult to source. But the composite doctrine you talk about makes much sense rather than being confined to a particular unit. I was aware of this regarding SF units but no on the other assets. Presumably I thought the Cobras being at Multan might have them "owned" as such by II Corps on an administrative level.

Back
Top Bottom