What's new

Azm-E-Nau 4 Military Exercise: News and Discussions

Which tank is this one:

pakistan-pmnawazsharif-armycheifashfaqpervezkiyani-armypractice_11-4-2013_125057_l.jpg

Looks like the pic is taken at such an angle tht the tank looks wierds... also is tht a Talha in the back?

What we need is one of these....! actually...., second thoughts, we may need more....!!!!

Well, thats why I was wondering why the drone(s) were not getting shot down!

That and the fact that these were target drones doing no more than 150 knots at 3k feet while UAV's like the predator fly higher and faster along with not doing one very important thing. There is no cue letting you know that they have been launched and now you can pick the missle up and shoot them.

That and the fact that these were target drones doing no more than 150 knots at 3k feet while UAV's like the predator fly higher and faster along with not doing one very important thing. There is no cue letting you know that they have been launched and now you can pick the missle up and shoot them.
Can I conclude nothing can take a predator down in Pakistan?

Can I conclude nothing can take a predator down in Pakistan?

Not with what the Army has. The Spada system can.. or the good old F-7's can as well. A predator does not follow too different a profile than say a IAF Searcher UAV.. and we had FT-5's in a wartime role hunting for them out of Chander.
Again, its never been a matter of can..but may Pakistan take a predator down.

SAAB Erieye plus ZDK along with ground based radars are bought to detect that any thing has been launched and is up there.

SAAB Erieye plus ZDK along with ground based radars are bought to detect that any thing has been launched and is up there.

Yes they do..but it costs a LOT of money to keep the SAAB and ZDK systems in the Air at all times. Then , these systems will have to vector fighters in.. which means more money if you have standing CAPs like in the Afghan war. Even if you do vector fighters they will take time to get there which might allow the drone to be done and gone with its work, then if you do make it on time you have to ensure that he wreckage falls inside Pakistan.. Which reduces the probability of actually making a successful intercept. In other words, Sonay se ziada garhai mehngi..
It is not cost effective at all. SAMs with Mobile Observers(humans with binoculars or IR imagers) sitting at key peaks are the best bet to catch them and that too when they drop down low for a hellfire attack.That too is fickle as they usually dont need to go below 15000 ft which is beyond the range of most of our MANPAD systems. 

Ye Dosti.. Ham nahin Torien gaenn...
Torieng gey dum magar.. tera saath na chorhien ge.!!(This line may not be so good here as the COAS is retiring).

Good to see a more comfortable Atmosphere between the Chief and the PM than the last government and for all it is Nawaz Sharif is more attuned to the Defence needs than other leaders.

@Capt.Popeye
Looks like the concepts of Joint warfare are pretty close knit here as well now..

Last edited:
Down the drones and turn your F-16s to display pieces.

Zarrar looks much better than Al Khalid specially the gun and where the gun is fitted I don't know what its called @fatman17
I think you mean the turret. The turret contains the gun and the fire control systems and where the gunner and commanders sit when inside the tank. The Al-Zarrar looks to have been redesigned and the turret looks more abram on a diet. Looks good.

Back
Top Bottom