What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

You are comparing two completely different situations.

Nagorno-Karabakh is a conflict between two parties who got different claims. In Kashmir, both parties AGREED on how to resolve the issue but later one (India) became renegade and ignored its pledges given to the UN. How can you compare the two situations?
The UNSC has also passed resolutions in support of Azerbaijan.

As I stated before, Pakistan's position on this is that the territorial integrity of states must be respected as should the decisions of international bodies involved in dispute resolution, such as the United Nations Security Council.

I do not support or subscribe to the argument of 'history' on its own because a lot of States make outlandish claims based on 'ancient history', such as India and Afghanistan. Additionally, Nagorno-Karabakh is surrounded by Azeri territory, so the argument in favor of allowing it to break away is even weaker.

The Armenians and their supporters had a chance to make their case in the UNSC and it appears that they failed. The best option here was for the residents of Nagorno-Karabakh to make a case for greater autonomy within the constitution of Azerbaijan as citizens of Azerbaijan.

According to the latest information released by Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry, at least 2,300 Armenian soldiers have been neutralized by the Azeri troops as part of the military offensive into Armenian-occupied region since September 27.

obivously a lie.....which makes me feel Azerbaijanis are not as motivated OR are taking bigger losses than they expected..Armenia is publishing its list of dead...where is Azerbaijan's? This smells like a NEo-Ottoman push(Azerbaijan's restarting of hostitilies with ARmenia over NK)..but it will fail. Iran and Russia will choke it off before ARmenia loses anything serious.

The UNSC has also passed resolutions in support of Azerbaijan.

As I stated before, Pakistan's position on this is that the territorial integrity of states must be respected as should the decisions of international bodies involved in dispute resolution, such as the United Nations Security Council.

I do not support or subscribe to the argument of 'history' because a lot of States make outlandish claims based on 'ancient history', such as India and Afghanistan. The Armenians and their supporters had a chance to make their case in the UNSC and it appears that they failed.

Talk about territorial integrity? About about NATO bombing Serbia to make Kosovo secede. As Chinese say, power comes from the barrel of a gun, not from a piece of paper.

Who is winning? its a stalemate tactically so far. if this remains it will be an Armenian victory. They have already won the previous war and control around 2xtimes the territory they are claiming.

they have no reason to go on offensives. its the Azeris who are determined to take back territory by force. ARmenia has always offered to exchanged the undisputed azeri territory for peace.

So as long as Armenia can stuff a pre-planned invasion by a country more then twice its size and heavily supported by Turkey. It will be a huuuuge victory for the Armenians. this could also mean the end of ilham alievs political career.

Will the disputed territories be liberated? No. Azerbaijan has already thrown their pre-planned blitz, and are exausting their drone supplies without making much progress. They should have made more progress by now. The Armenians are digging in for total war mode, have the higher ground and time favors them. the Armenians are fighting for survival, they have nothing to lose. Azeris are fighting for ambition and nationlism. they got drained and gave up in teh early 90s, and most likely will do so again.

Is the war limited or extending? its escalating and expanding massively. both sides are in martial law, mobilizing the male populations ,and are attacking major population centres (stepankert). At this point the Azeris have taken massive casualties to their best troops, and need to show their people some kind of victory in the form of gained territory. Alievs neck could be on the line here. a defeat would end his career. he has put all his eggs in erdogans basket at this point.
wow, this is a very good summary, probably the best till this point on this thread.

THE NUMBEr of AZ drones shot down???? wow, sooo many, Turkey and Israel must be preparing new supplies of those cheap crappy drones by now, as if AZ never even received any..Az lost too many.

I am hearing news that 20% of Armenian armor and 15% of their APC/IFVs have been decimated. Drones have wrecked havoc on ground troops, a div commander and 2 brig commander have been dispatched..

Do we know how many drones do they have, and what make ? This seems to be becoming a one sided high tech war.

this is a bogus and wrong generalization. There is both good and bad info on twitter.
Yes thats why i am saying not reliable. U cant differentiate between good and bad info unless the account is reliable which r very few

I am hearing news that 20% of Armenian armor and 15% of their APC/IFVs have been decimated. Drones have wrecked havoc on ground troops, a div commander and 2 brig commander have been dispatched..

Do we know how many drones do they have, and what make ? This seems to be becoming a one sided high tech war.
The news is completely closed from the front lines. Issue is foot soldiers are not movitated;

You are comparing two completely different situations.

Nagorno-Karabakh is a conflict between two parties who got different claims. In Kashmir, both parties AGREED on how to resolve the issue but later one (India) became renegade and ignored its pledges given to the UN. How can you compare the two situations?

Armenia occupied Nagorno-Karabakh and massacred and kicked out ethnic Azeris from their lands, against UN accepted borders.

In a way, exactly like what India did to Kashmir.

Pakistanis feel the pain and desire for vengeance of Azeri qardasler.

Bullcrap. As I have already pointed out, Armenians butchered Azeris too. Yerevan used to be 50% Azeri - yes, you read it right - until Armenians flooded back and drove them away. The whole premise of Armenian exclusive victimhood is false. Armenian, Azeris and Kashmiris have all been victims. Delhi was never a victim, only a perpetrator, hence your weak analogy is patently false.

Absolutely bull crap from this guy.. Armenia not only conquered Karabakh displacing 25% of Azeri people or killed them but also conquered west of whole of Azerbaijan.. what the hell is Aryzin guy saying, all crap and lies.

"According to the 1979 Soviet census, which was the last census taken before the beginning of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, there were 37,264 ethnic Azeris (or 23% of the total population) living in the mainly Armenian-populated Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast. Azeris constituted majority in the Shusha District with over 80% of the total population, in addition to forming between 15% and 26% of the population of the remaining four districts. The population of the regional capital of Stepanakert consisted of 11% ethnic Azeris.[1]Major Azeri settlements outside of the Shusha District includedSırxavənd, İmarət Qərvənd, Umudlu, and Çərəktar in the Mardakert District; Xocalı, Kərkicahan, Malıbəyli, Yuxarı Quşçular, Aşağı Quşçular, Cəmilli, and Meşəli in the Askeran District; Tuğ andSalaketin in the Hadrut District; and Qaradağlı, Muğanlı, Əmiranlar, and Divanlılar in the Martuni District.[2]

As result of attacks and military operations in the active phase of the conflict starting in 1991, almost all Azeris were forced to abandon their homes. There have been recorded cases of violence against Azeri civilians by Armenian militants (in Meşəli), civil casualties as a result of shelling (in Malıbəyli and Aşağı Quşçular) and burning down of entire villages (İmarət Qərvənd).[3]"

We're talking about ethnic cleansing within the last 50 years here. Azeris are right to kick up a storm about this. Pakistanis are right to back them. It's also no surprise whatsoever that the other unwelcome elephant in the room India gleefully supports those who removed 25% of N-K's population on the basis of their ethnic religious identity. This right here is the true modus operandi of such regimes.

Anyone who suggests Armenians are exclusive victims and " only Armenians got genocided" has no leg to stand on.

Bro we are going around in circles. Reason for Nagorno-Karabakah ever being in Azerbaijan is because of Stalin’s decision to move that region in Azerbaijan and no single resident was ever consulted. Seems like that’s the only thing you got bro. Sure at end of Soviet Union the region was within Azerbaijan, however then Azerbaijan not only failed but the government actively engaged in ethnic cleansing of Armenians all across their territory. Armenians decided they were not going to get exterminated and fought off the Azerbaijani. Also somewhere else on this thread I heard that Armenians were not the only victims of genocide, well I ask you to go and google where do you find “Azerbaijani Genocide “! You will find easily about Armenian genocide but nowhere will you see that there was a Azerbaijani genocide. I like how you folk are all defending the Azeri but forget about what recent history caused this war that started in 1990. That being the Azerbaijani pogroms against Armenian Christian people in Azerbaijan. I was under the impression that followers of Islam we’re supposed to be on the side of right. I guess it’s only when it’s about Muslims. If anything happens in Europe or America and Muslims get victimized, you all start crying and asking for justice, when it’s Christians getting attacked and victimized, then I guess it’s all good. None of you seem to be able to look at this and analyze it from a non Muslim perspective. It’s even weird how in Syria conflict you enjoyed watching all these Shia kaffir get beheaded, their children be gutted by proud Sunni jihadi pigs but now you defending the same Shia infidels!

Back
Top Bottom