What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

A historic election in the US, a (potential) end to a major war in the caucuses, me getting a new car.

The last episodes of season 2020 seem to be really going all out. I wonder what season 2021 will bring.

Why would Armenia need a corridor to Nagorno-Karabagh when the territory is already part of the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan? It seems the Russians are imposing their will on everyone else. Outrageous in my view.

The corridor to Nakhcivan should've been separate from this conflict. And if Azerbaijan wanted a land swap, it should've happened after all of the territories in Nagorno-Karabagh be liberated.

To sum it up, what claim does Armenia have in order to be given access to Nagorno-Karabagh? Having ethnic Armenians in there doesn't justify a military occupation. And if they were defeated, why give them a deal that keeps them armed inside the Azserbaijani republic. This agreement is only beneficial to Armenia.

This is the map

screenshot_20201109-202950-jpg.687138

If this is the map of future front lines. That’s great. But this is not the map nor the area of control of NK that ARM control.

ARM control massive amounts of NK. AZE control Hadrut and a small thin corridor to Shusha

That’s right AZE gets back its 7 regions. This is great.

AZE gets 10% of NK. According to my maps and areas of control.

AZE army will not have access to 90% of NK which remains controlled by the self declared “republic of Artshak”. Russian troops will prevent it. They will control line of separation.

AZE police will not be able to set foot into 90% of NK.

Please distinguish between NK and 7 regions. They are not the same thing.

I know you understand the distinction, but many here don’t
Shusha alone is worth half of NK..
Most NK is mountains with few cities..
U control shusha u automatically control 1/3 NK..exact areas wise it may be around 10-20% but this the ideal deal azeris wanted

All 7 districts
And shusha

Why would Armenia need a corridor to Nagorno-Karabagh when the territory is already part of the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan? It seems the Russians are imposing their will on everyone else. Outrageous in my view.

The corridor to Nakhcivan should've been separate from this conflict. And if Azerbaijan wanted a land swap, it should've happened after all of the territories in Nagorno-Karabagh be liberated.

To sum it up, what claim does Armenia have in order to be given access to Nagorno-Karabagh? Having ethnic Armenians in there doesn't justify a military occupation. And if they were defeated, why give them a deal that keeps them armed inside the Azserbaijani republic. This agreement is only beneficial to Armenia.
Compromise..azeris accepted a narrow corridor in return of everything else..

Exactly. Why would they need a corridor? To transport arms and keep the republic of artshak alive. This time protected by Russians so that no more offensives can be conducted by AZE.

AZE army will not have access to 90% of NK which remains controlled by the self declared “republic of Artshak”. Russian troops will prevent it. They will control line of separation.

Well yeah, because it'll be an autonomous area. Its name of Artsakh will be removed, probably. Azerbaijan will likely rename it.

Shusha alone is worth half of NK..
Most NK is mountains with few cities..
U control shusha u automatically control 1/3 NK..exact areas wise it may be around 10-20% but this the ideal deal azeris wanted

All 7 districts
And shusha
The mountainous areas don't have any particular valuable resources?

Exactly. Why would they need a corridor? To transport arms and keep the republic of artshak alive. This time protected by Russians so that no more offensives can be conducted by AZE.
Turkish soldiers are also going to be present.

This is merely delusion on your part, as Azerbaijan will likely be keeping an eye on the corridor.

The Artsakh republic is dead.

The corridor is being kept to allow Armenians that live in NK to either return, or go to Armenia, it's also to help facilitate trade, and allow for religious pilgrimages, as Armenian Christian's have important churches and cathedrals in the region.

That's about it.

Also, once the 7 district's are returned to Azerbaijan, it won't matter if Armenia itself controls NK, as Azerbaijan will have complete control of surrounding areas, affect putting NK under a guillotine.

Last edited:
If this is the map of future front lines. That’s great. But this is not the map nor the area of control of NK that ARM control.

ARM control massive amounts of NK. AZE control Hadrut and a small thin corridor to Shusha

No man. They hold good junk of Nagorno-Ka which is the southern part + Susha and add that to the 7 districts is gonna be around 90%

Why did AZ agree to this deal so suddenly? What was the need, they had the momentum and upper hand. Biden wouldn't take office till January they had months to go and they could have won everything on their own and why agree to Russian "peace keepers" hello georgia? Crimea?

Why did AZ agree to this deal so suddenly? What was the need, they had the momentum and upper hand. Biden wouldn't take office till January they had months to go and they could have won everything on their own and why agree to Russian "peace keepers" hello georgia? Crimea?
Russia ....

and fear of nuclear option i.e attacking oil and dams in azerbaijan via armenian blastic missles

Well yeah, because it'll be an autonomous area. Its name of Artsakh will be removed, probably. Azerbaijan will likely rename it.

Lol, they won’t be able to set foot in it. We’ve had this in Bosnia. And only reason we could set foot in the Serbian area was Because of 30,000 NATO troops and many years of democratic reforms.

AZE won’t get any of this. Republic of artshak lives, with its police, army and de facto I dependence. Same as before. Except with Russians protecting its defacto independence. I’m not criticising aliyev, but this is a fact

Back
Top Bottom