What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

Armenia will be keeping 90% of NK. Its status is not resolved, but they are keeping it as they have kept it for the past 30 years. Maybe Armenian army will not be there, but the "Atrsak defence force" will stay. with 200 tanks? s300's? And a 5km lifeline controlled by the russians. So they can rearm with all they have already lost.

I don't think this is a great situation.

It's the oppsite Azeris will get 90% of NK not the Armenians. They will vacate few other regions in addition to the regions Azerbaijan already holds

Armenia will be keeping 90% of NK. Its status is not resolved, but they are keeping it as they have kept it for the past 30 years. Maybe Armenian army will not be there, but the "Atrsak defence force" will stay. with 200 tanks? s300's? And a 5km lifeline controlled by the russians. So they can rearm with all they have already lost.

90%!? That sounds like a bad deal after all that fighting just to get 10%. I would have rejected that deal.

Again, not what the agreement says. Even the BBC link that you posted contradicts you.

NK will go to Azerbaijan, as an autonomous region, with a link to Armenia, that doesn't mean that Azerbaijan lost NK to Armenia, it means that ethnic Armenians that lived in the region can come and go back and forth between NK and Armenia, but under Azeri,Russian and Turkish supervision. That's what the agreement amounts to. It also means that the million or so Azeris that were kicked out, now can return to the region, so I expect a major demographic shift in NK soon.

Also, the so called artsakh defense army is done.

Did Azerbaijan get what they wanted? And even if the Armenian government agree to this, will the civilians agree to it? Cause I can see them trying to do something about it themselves. Probably even the Armenian troops.
90%

Russian peacekeepers will be around for 5 years. After that, Armenians tell them to bugger off and invade Karabakh using Wing Loong 10 attack drones.

Returning Armenians will not live under Azeri rule, they will live under rule of the unrecognised republic of Artshak. as they have done for the last 30 years. This is just a ceasefire, and Russians will keep them safe from the AZE army.
All the evidence points to the contrary. Azerbaijan is going to be taking over all the military bases in the region, regardless of if the Russians are there or not.

This idea that the autonomous area will continue to operate as before, is also extremely flawed. They can't, because the moment they do, Azerbaijan would have the excuse to remove its autonomous status. Having an opposing military force on Azeri land will not be tolerated by Baku, it simply won't.

There is not much Russia can do about it. The Russians are gonna be there for 5 years, 10 at most, and after that, Azerbaijan can do whatever it wants.
Azerbaijan gets the 90% as they have technically won. I think he accidently switch the names on both countries
He didn't.

He literally means that Armenia will be keeping 90% of the territory. Look through my conversation with him.

The now on the run Armenian leader was getting too pro western for Moscow’s tastes. Expect to see a former Pro-Russian Armenian leader (Kocharyan) come back and reorient Armenia back into the Russian sphere. Armenia has lost more than this war, it has lost its own autonomy. Just in time before the isolationist Trump is replaced by a potentially interventionist Biden.

a recap for the origin of the current six week war.

This is the map

screenshot_20201109-202950-jpg.687138

90%!? That sounds like a bad deal after all that fighting just to get 10%. I would have rejected that deal.
So here is the issue
The conflict is not about NK but 7 district sorrounding NK
those 7 districts are twice the size and 100x the value of NK

Azeris get those back

In proper NK they keep roughly 1/3 but the key city or crown jewel shusha as well

So this beyound what anyone could have hoped for

An emotional appeal that makes an impact in geopolitics and have been shown in past conflicts. I'm betting that some Armenians would love to provoke a new conflict, and do hit and run attacks figuring the spent blood is not worth it for the Azeris and run back to Armenia under Russian protection besides Armenia.
There may or may not be terror attacks, but it won't matter much. In the end, it'll only help Azerbaijan get rid of the region's autonomy.

So here is the issue
The conflict is not about NK but 7 district sorrounding NK
those 7 districts are twice the size and 100x the value of NK

Azeris get those back

In proper NK they keep roughly 1/3 but the key city or crown jewel shusha as well

So this beyound what anyone could have hoped for

That’s right AZE gets back its 7 regions. This is great.

AZE gets 10% of NK. According to my maps and areas of control.

AZE army will not have access to 90% of NK which remains controlled by the self declared “republic of Artshak”. Russian troops will prevent it. They will control line of separation.

AZE police will not be able to set foot into 90% of NK.

Please distinguish between NK and 7 regions. They are not the same thing.

I know you understand the distinction, but many here don’t

Back
Top Bottom