What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

And for those who mentioned that Turkey's name is not in the agreement. That's correct but all sources (TR, RU, AZ) say Turkey will be present in the process. They will also be monitoring ceasefire with Russia. The reason that Turkey is not mentioned because you cannot explain this to Armenian public. They would go even more crazier. There is no way an Armenian politician can say that to their country. I bet agreement has secret clauses or they agreed verbally. After all Turkey and Azerbaijan has mutual defense agreements. Turkey already has bases in Azerbaijan. There is no legal obstacle why It can't be at newly liberated territories. Probably they will handle it that way. Azerbaijan will probably invite Turkey.

That is my concern but it might back fire
Afterall there are only 2000 troops they may simply with draw if armenians dont keep there word

A continuing war will benefit azeris at this moment

Azerbaijan can take these 5 years to fortify Shusha/Shushi just in case the Armenians think of trying anything. By holding the high ground they can keep an eye on development and plan accordingly.

That has nothing to do with the war. Azerbaijan apologized and offered compensation. So far as the world is concerned, Russia has no casus belli. Russia itself doesn't want to get involved militarily, so this argument makes no sense.
Could have been perfect excuse to intervene. Even claim to protect their military base in Armenia from aggression.

No, you just ignoring what I mentioned. You talk average of how long drones can be used and it is insignificant to be used in combat. I just stated that some drones have been used up in the air far long than your so called average 5 hours of combat time. You are the one who is nitpicking and ignoring the usage of drones. But thats on you on about drones.
The original argument was about kargil war and whether non-drones can offer similar services as drones, and I've thoroughly proven my point.

All you're doing is nitpicking.

You haven't addressed my point about LGMs, you haven't addressed how I disproved your claim about drones being able to carry more than helicopters. You've done a terrible job of making any real argument.

This thread is a shit show, considering how many confidently incorrect people there are on this thread.

That is my concern but it might back fire
Afterall there are only 2000 troops they may simply with draw if armenians dont keep there word

A continuing war will benefit azeris at this moment

A continuing war will cost the lives of thousands more Azerbaijani soldiers. Biden / Harris are coming Azerbaijan is running out of time. Already 1400 Azerbaijani soldiers martyred, a heavy toll for a country of only a few million people.

Could have been perfect excuse to intervene. Even claim to protect their military base in Armenia from aggression.
Not if Azerbaijan preempts it by apologizing. In this case, saying sorry does have an affect on international relations, and cooling down tensions.

Azerbaijan and Russia enjoy good relations, so I doubt Russia is looking to go to war with Azerbaijan. The Russians want to punish the pro-western Armenian government, they have no reason to intervene in Armenia's favor.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with the war. Azerbaijan apologized and offered compensation. So far as the world is concerned, Russia has no casus belli. Russia itself doesn't want to get involved militarily, so this argument makes no sense.
I believe it was done by a secret service of a country which was aware of the agreement and tried to stop it signed by creating chaos. But it didn't make desired impact.

The original argument was about kargil war and whether non-drones can offer similar services as drones, and I've thoroughly proven my point.

All you're doing is nitpicking.

You haven't addressed my point about LGMs, you haven't addressed how I disproved your claim about drones being able to carry more than helicopters. You've done a terrible job of making any real argument.

This thread is a shit show, considering how many confidently incorrect people there are on this thread.
I already addressed that point, helos cannot drop laser guided bombs, drones can and they will be able to carry more weapons in the future. Unless you want attack helos the size of C-17s to be able to do that. Don't make it worse.

This is the map of the front lines. AZE gets to keep maybe 10% of NK and the 7 regions.

Armenia gets to keep 90% of NK and a 5km corridor to illegally occupied lands.

Presumably Armanian army gets to stay in NK.

So Azerbaijan fought a war to return the 7 regions. Armenia gets to keep all the resources in NK and water and dams.

If thats the best AZE could do. ok, but It think its massive victory to armneia considering what position they were in.

Armenians are like the serbs in Bosnia, they were protesting against the peace agreement without realising how good it was. In 10 years ARM will be celebrating this agreement, just as the Serbs celebrate the peace agreement now. Once they realise it saved them to total destruction and gave them more than they deserve.

Not if Azerbaijan preempts it by apologizing. In this case, saying sorry does have an affect on international relations, and cooking down tensions.

Azerbaijan and Russia enjoy good relations, so I doubt Russia is looking to go to war with Azerbaijan. The Russians want to punish the pro-western Armenian government, they have no reason to intervene in Armenia's favor.
Putin probably used the mercenaries to intervene. Or the Green Men.

I believe it was done by a secret service of a country which was aware of the agreement and tried to stop it signed by creating chaos. But it didn't make desired impact.
Maybe, maybe not. Considering past deals that have failed, due to outside interference, I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, or some other bad actors are responsible for it.

Who knows?

Putin probably used the mercenaries to intervene. Or the Green Men.
There were reports of Wagner group mercs in NK, so that might be true. Though, it seems to have had little effect, as the reports suggested they were defending Shusha, and apparently Shusha is now in Azeri hands.

Why would Azerbaijan ever agree to this? Makes no sense.

[EDIT] : nevermind, I sort of get why now, though it's still unclear what made Azerbaijan agree to this.

Well, either way, seems like the Armenian army is rejecting the deal, and going to continue fighting. Azerbaijan now has complete international legitimacy to push ahead with military operations.
Its a decent deal for both sides
Azeri get all 7 district which value 100x more than NK proper and had a million population kicked out in 1990s..they have taken half but will get the other half
They keep shusha which is very important

And then avoid mass blood shed or damage to azerbaijan proper ..so all in all a win..

Russia forced both parties..

There were reports of Wagner group mercs in NK, so that might be true. Though, it seems to have had little effect, as the reports suggested they were defending Shusha, and apparently Shusha is now in Azeri hands.
Was it confirmed Wagner was involved?

Back
Top Bottom