What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

The new agreement
Gives half of NK to armenians i dont see any permanent framework

I would say looking at the battlefield now this is the best case senrio for armenians

But seeing that it would be peace settlement with russian grantee its a decent deal for azerbaijan

They will need to now focus on bringing back a million refugees
View attachment 687111

Is this how the map will look like? I assume that is a good deal

The new agreement
Gives half of NK to armenians i dont see any permanent framework

I would say looking at the battlefield now this is the best case senrio for armenians

But seeing that it would be peace settlement with russian grantee its a decent deal for azerbaijan

They will need to now focus on bringing back a million refugees
View attachment 687111

The war is not over. It is only ceasefire. In 5 years peacekeepers leave. Armenia will invade with attack drones.

So basically the azeris get everything except
The capital and some sorrounding areas

Never the less a 90% victory half acheived off the battlefield ..so i think azeris will take it since they would need resources for rehabilitation over a million citizens and russia was the wild card they couldn't afford to insult

LNA got the east region + the central region. GNA only got the west region. Plus LNA got the oil. So Haftar won.

Haftar didn't won military. GNA has their oil fields and will get share of it that is the main reason for the peace. What I am saying is that Haftar couldn't survive militarily he lost the battle and then foreign intervention could have risked a much bigger war which is why the negotiation settled things. He survived not won

Is this how the map will look like? I assume that is a good deal
Yes per early reports
Azeris keep the NK they captured by force and gets all the 7 districts

I think shusha was the price where azeris were refusing to budge

Plus putin said enough ..
But azeris can now focus on whats important rehabilitation of 7 districts this will take billions of dollars
Haftar didn't won military. GNA has their oil fields and will get share of it that is the main reason for the peace. What I am saying is that Haftar couldn't survive militarily he lost the battle and then foreign intervention could have risked a much bigger war which is why the negotiation settled things. He survived not won
Can we keep libya out please. It has its own thread

Yes per early reports
Azeris keep the NK they captured by force and gets all the 7 districts

I think shusha was the price where azeris were refusing to budge

Plus putin said enough ..
But azeris can now focus on whats important rehabilitation of 7 districts this will take billions of dollars

Can we keep libya out please. It has its own thread

What about the border linking Baku and Istanbul? Is there any truth to that

So basically the azeris get everything except
The capital and some sorrounding areas

Never the less a 90% victory half acheived off the battlefield ..so i think azeris will take it since they would need resources for rehabilitation over a million citizens and russia was the wild card they couldn't afford to insult

Karabakh could not host 1 million citizens. 100,000 tops. Even Stepanakert the capital and biggest city only has 50,000 people. Azerbaijan population 8.9 million according to most recent census in 2009.

What about the border linking Baku and Istanbul? Is there any truth to that
I think its only right of passage both to NK capital and from azerbaijan to nachivan

But remember azerbaijan already has a land connection to nachivan via georgia turkey
Karabakh could not host 1 million citizens. 100,000 tops. Even Stepanakert the capital and biggest city only has 50,000 people. Azerbaijan population 8.9 million according to most recent census in 2009.
Jeez..we are talking about sorrouding 7 district ..are you plain stupid

Last edited:
Hundred Years War was not a continuous war either. Karabakh war lasts centuries. Both countries claim it as historical land.
The next time combat resume in 5 years Armenians won't only be using Orlan like they did this time.

Where will AZE go now? Khankendk and Agdam and isolate a whole chink of territory and trap the ARM there? or will they go to the ARM border?

Sorry for late reply. I would've gone for Xankəndi would've give the final death blow and basically finish the war and then go after Agdam (it's not that important at the moment though).

But seeing a cease-fire is now signed, the Azeri's should consolidate their positions and repopulate the area's and heavily arm their civilians so another 1992 never happens again.

Main key would be to create a Rapid Action Force and improve the rail and road network --
Speed and Firepower for future conflicts.

Hahahahaha. Just one thing. These Chinese drones are not proven and they were used in Libya by UAE if I remember it correctly. They are not a match for the Turkish supreme drones and technology this is a fact

Actually, China's drone tech is very much proven technology. In Libya, the LNA's early advances against the GNA were almost entirely attributed to the UAE providing Chinese UCAVs to Haftar's forces.

While there can be a debate on who has the be better missile tech which their respect drones are capable of carrying, I'd say China is actually ahead in terms of being able to build advanced drones. In terms of range, and payload, China is clearly ahead.

In fact, I'd say China is only second to the US in terms of drone technology.

Here is the agreement.

A complete ceasefire and all hostilities in the zone of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are declared from 00:00 Moscow time on November 10, 2020. The Republic of Azerbaijan
and the Republic of Armenia, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, stop at their positions.
2. The Agdam region and the territories held by the Armenian Party in the Gazakh region of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall be returned to the Azerbaijan Party until November 20, 2020.
3. Along the line of contact in Nagorno-Karabakh and along the Lachin corridor, a peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation is deployed in the amount of 1,960 servicemen with small arms, 90 armored personnel carriers, 380 units of automobile and special equipment.
4. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation is being deployed in parallel with the withdrawal of the Armenian armed forces. The duration of the stay of the peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation is 5 years with automatic extension for the next 5-year periods, if none of the Parties declares 6 months before the expiration of the period of intention to terminate the application of this provision.
5. In order to increase the effectiveness of control over the implementation of the agreements by the Parties to the conflict, a peacekeeping center is being deployed to control the ceasefire.
6. The Republic of Armenia will return the Kelbajar region to the Republic of Azerbaijan by November 15, 2020, and the Lachin region by December 1, 2020, leaving behind the Lachin corridor (5 km wide), which will ensure the connection of Nagorno-Karabakh with Armenia and at the same time not will affect the city of Shusha.
By agreement of the Parties, in the next three years, a plan for the construction of a new traffic route along the Lachin corridor, providing communication between Stepanakert and Armenia, with the subsequent redeployment of the Russian peacekeeping contingent to protect this route will be determined.
The Republic of Azerbaijan guarantees the safety of traffic along the Lachin corridor of citizens, vehicles and goods in both directions.
7. Internally displaced persons and refugees are returning to the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh and adjacent areas under the control of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
8. The exchange of prisoners of war and other detainees and bodies of the dead is carried out.
9. All economic and transport links in the region are unblocked. The Republic of Armenia provides transport links between the western regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic in order to organize the unimpeded movement of citizens, vehicles and goods in both directions. Control over transport communication is carried out by the bodies of the Border Guard Service of the FSB of Russia.

By agreement of the Parties, construction of new transport communications linking the Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic with the western regions of Azerbaijan will be provided. "
Very close or less the same as i mentioned before . It's a very conclusive and comprehensive agreement provided every parties were to adhered and observed it .
But , i can't see much of turkey's involvement in this scenario . It kind of baffles me there . Without turkey as a guarantoor things will be mute and meaningless in a way

Actually, China's drone tech is very much proven technology. In Libya, the LNA's early advances against the GNA were almost entirely attributed to the UAE providing Chinese UCAVs to Haftar's forces.

While there can be a debate on who has the be better missile tech which their respect drones are capable of carrying, I'd say China is actually ahead in terms of being able to build advanced drones. In terms of range, and payload, China is clearly ahead.

In fact, I'd say China is only second to the US in terms of drone technology.

Haftar enjoyed early success but once Turkey was freed from Syria the battle changed he was pushed back across the desert while the UAE chinese drones didn't help him at all against the GNA, Syrian militia and turkish commandos and couldn't survive himself. You can bring down the chinese drones but bringing TB2 is proved to be very difficult. They are elusive so no. Turkey is the no.1 leading country in Drone technology by some good measure

Back
Top Bottom