What's new

Featured Azerbaijan Armenian War

Let's not forget that Azerbaijan has 300,000 reserve troops it has not used yet. It also has a dozen 300mm salvo rocket systems 9A52 "Smerch" with a range of 70-90 km (55.92 mi) it has yet to use.

They are not much use if they sit at home. Wouldn't you say this is the time to use them. When I see the AZ videos of Ganga etc I see hundreds of able bodied men standing, watching etc. Maybe they think that 100,000 man army is enough to do the job, but they are taking it back very slowly, isn't it better to throw everything at them at once.

Look at a similar operation in Croatia when they took their land back of the serbs. serbs had about 25,000 man army. Croatia literally overnight Called up all reservists and and fielded 150,000 man army at least.

The whole thing took 6 days with a few days mopping up. Croatia Took back 10,000 square km. About the size of NK and occupied territories.

When you are in a mountain fortified position and there is like 10 of you and notice your position is being overrun by 2,000 people. you run.

I find the AZ strategy very curious.

They are not much use if they sit at home. Wouldn't you say this is the time to use them. When I see the AZ videos of Ganga etc I see hundreds of able bodied men standing, watching etc. Maybe they think that 100,000 man army is enough to do the job, but they are taking it back very slowly, isn't it better to throw everything at them at once.

Look at a similar operation in Croatia when they took their land back of the serbs. serbs had about 25,000 man army. Croatia literally overnight Called up all reservists and and fielded 150,000 man army at least.

The whole thing took 6 days with a few days mopping up. Croatia Took back 10,000 square km. About the size of NK and occupied territories.

When you are in a mountain fortified position and there is like 10 of you and notice your position is being overrun by 2,000 people. you run.

Good points, however I think that Aliyev doesn't want the public pressure of loosing thousands of men. Armenians are very fortified with a developed network of trenches. Throwing bodies at the problem will not give you a solution worthy of victory. The AZ strategy is simple, use drones to destroy and demoralize the Armenian side with minimal AZ casualties. This war is still young, less than three weeks.

The serbs had a 80,000 strong army in Bosnia and all of their offensive operations with 100s of tanks and 1000s of men failed against the Bosnian army and they suffered high casualties, this is why we saw the serb offensive slow down and stall by late 1992.

I also want to point out that the AZ forces appear to be poorly trained. In most of the ambushes they suffered, prior to the ambush, they were too relaxed. When you take a village or hilltop the first thing you do is set a perimeter, troops on alert. I didn't see any of that with AZ troops yet. It is also odd that in some of the ambushes there were 5-6 AZ troops, or a couple of dozen. Question is why were they separated from their platoon?

Last edited:
too many exclaves and enclaves that make no sense
There was no enclave..Armenia simply invaded azeri because they had superior military..the pretense was they we have small region called NK where Armenians are 70%(100,000) so now we will not only take the small NK region deep in Azerbaijan but also invade Azerbaijan 7 districts surrounding NK where 500,000 azeri live and kick them out as buffer zone

the area outside NK taken is twice the size of NK itself !!!!?

Just because there were more Armenians in few villages doesn't mean you can attack another country...

If a particular neighborhood in Egypt has Christian's that doesn't mean that another country will attack and conqueror a whole region

Armenian army got Serbian made Coyote heavy machine guns. These are absolutely nasty.

EkTKUYfXcAIlDMX

We can expect lots of Mistral MANPADS and Milan ATGM in the hands of Armenians soon.
Expect Turkey sending troops directly there is nothing France or Russia can do unless war starts on Armenian soil which Azerbaijan won't do and why would it..it serves no benefit
Armenians are better and more experienced but have technology disadvantage

Croatia wasn't under any potential threat from other nations immediately bordering it. They could go all guns blazing. Azerbaijan needs to remain cautious of Russia and mainland Armenia too. Also, this war is complicated by the threat of Wagner and other mercenaries and even hordes of crusader types getting bored of dreadful oppression by atheists in western Europe and hence heading off to fight for divine glory against Azerbaijan.

Personally I think they should advance very slowly and consolidate every inch gained, lest a dramatic counterattack should undo their gains. Armenia should be slowly bled of manpower and forced back due to casualties, not due to overwhelming numbers. Another reason for this is the types of weapons that appear to be working in this battlefield. Drones can deal with 50 opponents as easily as 5, hence Azerbaijan must shore up its defensive and fortified lines with every step forward otherwise Armenia could plausibly do the same sort of damage with such weapons. Clearly Armenian defensive lines failed against this weaponry despite decades of preparation. So, Azerbaijan should be aware of this and plan its defensive strategy better.

Good points, however I think that Aliyev doesn't want the public pressure of loosing thousands of men. Armenians are very fortified with a developed network of trenches. Throwing bodies at the problem will not give you a solution worthy of victory. The AZ strategy is simple, use drones to destroy and demoralize the Armenian side with minimal AZ casualties. This war is still young, less than three weeks.

The serbs had a 80,000 strong army in Bosnia and all of their offensive operations with 100s of tanks and 1000s of men failed against the Bosnian army and they suffered high casualties, this is why we saw the serb offensive slow down and stall by late 1992.

I also want to point out that the AZ forces appear to be poorly trained. In most of the ambushes they suffered, prior to the ambush, they were too relaxed. When you take a village or hilltop the first thing you do is set a perimeter, troops on alert. I didn't see any of that with AZ troops yet. It is also odd that in some of the ambushes there were 5-6 AZ troops, or a couple of dozen. Question is why were they separated from their platoon?
They were worse in 1990s..Turks tried to get them somewhat organized

Expect Turkey sending troops directly there is nothing France or Russia can do unless war starts on Armenian soil which Azerbaijan won't do and why would it..it serves no benefit
Armenians are better and more experienced but have technology disadvantage

In theory, if Baku officially invites Turkey to intervene in NK then from an international law perspective TR has full rights to do so. (Similar to what Russia did in Syria). NK is AZ territory and internationally recognized as such. The TR defense minister already said that TR will get involved if the conflict isn't over in a timely manner.

True, but tanks are needed to hold ground. Javelin is man portable and very deadly to Azeri T-90 tanks because it is self guided and can't be jammed by Shtora.

Turkey tried to take Aleppo and Damascus. Failed. Turkey tried to take Benghazi. Failed. Turkey tried to take Nicosia failed. Now Turkey has frozen conflicts in Cyprus, Syria, Libya. Very difficult financially on Turkey.
You are completely wrong again! Tanks are NOT used to hold territory. Infantry is used for that.
You had a long discussion with others about who has which tank and which ATGM, while the basis of your argument was flawed from the beginning. Pity.

INFACT most of your arguments are flawed in a similar way. Everyone can see it. I was new on this forum and after reading just a few of your first posts you lost all credibility. Imagine this! There are others visiting this forum. They are probably also thinking the same about you after reading just a few of your posts.

Last edited:
In theory, if Baku officially invites Turkey to intervene in NK then from an international law perspective TR has full rights to do so. (Similar to what Russia did in Syria). NK is AZ territory and internationally recognized as such. The TR defense minister already said that TR will get involved if the conflict isn't over in a timely manner.
I doubt they will unless French and Russia starts providing weapons free of cost..Armenia can't afford Rafael jets..or advance air defense if u start seeing them then the pretense would be there for azeribhijan to call for help

Both azeribhijan and Turkey know that best case would be not to involve another party or this war will be stopped by superpowers and any cease fire is in the interest of armenia

What both want is to keep it quiet if USA gets involved then neither turkey nor Azerbaijan can do anything

French donr have the muscle they use to have turkey wont allow it

There is a 1994 treaty that prevents taking NK by force. Russia can fight on NK's behalf the same way US can fight on Taiwan's behalf if China invades Taiwan.

one thing is clear and has been clear for a while

you cannot win a war fighting aircraft manned or unmanned from the ground

pointless armies end up being destroyed to oblivion by aircraft in the air

so glad Pakistan never really emphasised land armies and always concentrate on aircraft

even have a F7 hell use a F6 fighter but give the pilots top class training and use a aircraft for goodness sake

sending all this heavy armour and tanks is basically suicide

I doubt they will unless French and Russia starts providing weapons free of cost..Armenia can't afford Rafael jets..or advance air defense if u start seeing them then the pretense would be there for azeribhijan to call for help

Both azeribhijan and Turkey know that best case would be not to involve another party or this war will be stopped by superpowers and any cease fire is in the interest of armenia

What both want is to keep it quiet if USA gets involved then neither turkey nor Azerbaijan can do anything

French donr have the muscle they use to have turkey wont allow it

I agree, however I don't see a situation where the US would get involved. There is absolutely nothing to gain from supporting either or in this conflict. The US is slowly exiting from unnecessary conflicts. The US may partake in negotiations and support one side over the other, but not get directly involved. Also, if Baku invites TR and TR decided to intervene then who could stop them? As long as TR doesn't mess with Armenia proper, RU has no interest in intervening in NK. They don't even recognize it as a separate entity and officially see it as part of AZ. The US won't do anything either, perhaps some symbolic list based sanctions but nothing meaningful.
There is a 1994 treaty that prevents taking NK by force. Russia can fight on NK's behalf the same way US can fight on Taiwan's behalf if China invades Taiwan.

What treaty exactly ?

Russia would conquer Poland in 3 weeks. Germany in 6. Turkey in 8 weeks. Don’t even kid yourself. Russia is the third most powerful county in the world. Turkeys maximum missile has a range of 350 km?

I dont think it will get to that but it would a serious mistake to believe Russia is anything but the worlds third biggest power.

if Russia invaded AZ, turkey couldn’t even bring trips into AZ. Only way is through Georgia. They won’t allow it because they are scared of Russia. Turkey could invade Armenia, but who wants Armenia? Better to keep a smallerAzerbaijan with the oil.
You're fooling yourself if you think Russia is actually as powerful as you claim. They don't have the logistics to support a massive invasion force. They managed somewhat with Georgia, because they already had a massive amount of troops near by.

In Armenia, Russia has 7000 troops and a few vehicles here and there, only enough for a defensive force, nothing more.

There is no way Russia can conquer Turkey, they don't have the means to. They're not the USSR, they're a severely weakened successor state.

Let's also not forget that a vast majority of Russian equipment and systems are Soviet era, which are decades old. A long distance invasion, without help from a local entity, is next to impossible.

You're looking at over all numbers, not the quality of those numbers. North Korea has the largest army in the world, doesn't mean it'll win in a war against the South.

Not to mention that if Russia ever tries to co query Europe, or Turkey, Russia would end up directly fighting NATO.

Back
Top Bottom