What's new

Azam swati and his wife's bedroom videos they sent to their daughter and wife. This is low...ahh

Apparently I heard BB put in a civilian DG ISI who was a retired General. He was treated like shit. Not given importance, not called into meetings etc.

Hopefully someone here who knows more could clarify what happened there. It's clear from all this ISI is how COAS drives most of his power to interfere in politics. Reason why head of Air Force or Navy are apolitical.

Taking ISI away from army might be the solution. But no idea how that can be done or even IF that is even possible given how entangled the two have become over time. I.e. PA and ISI which feels like a branch of PA.

If they don't cooperate then kick them out of it and make it organization consist of civilian and retired officers. There's no compulsion that only active duty officers have super natural skills of intelligence that retired officer can't have.

I wouldn't wish any ill on your family as but I wish to God your uniformed gods do this to you one day like they did to others who used to feel protected by them, like imran riaz khan etc.
People like you made I.K their demi God.....What a puni God....

Shame on you.

what in a world is going on in Pakistan.

I have no love for the corrupt army leadership but was it really them?

PDM, PPP and others are also capable. Didnt Mariyium say they will expose something a few days back?

I have no love for the corrupt army leadership but was it really them?

PDM, PPP and others are also capable. Didnt Mariyium say they will expose something a few days back?
It doest matter if it was or wasn’t them. They will be blamed for it. The foolish decision to go and support PDM has this as a side effect.

They are professional liars.....do you want to believe on them? a person have 10 corruption on his name and begging and crying...don't you think he is f@cking shedding crocodile tears?

Typical Pakistani response

The man MAY have done some wrong in the past, but here focus on the crime committed against him and his family ; don't justify it son. You have a lot to learn.

NO ONE is above the law.

You honestly think that they can’t stoop any lower, but then they surprise you.

I hate to quote the Hindutvas, but their words are becoming a reality.

“A day without humiliation is a day wasted”

1. We should cut down the unchecked/unlimited power it has now.
Constitutionally they don't have unchecked & unlimited power
2. Remove her from all internal and civil roles.
Agreed
3. Border security and paramilitary forces (i.e. Rangers, FC etc.) should be altogether separate force which should have nothing to do with Army.
On paper they are but in reality all the officers come from the Army, but again it more complicated issue just imaging someone Saif-ur Rehman or Rana Sana Ullah as Minister of Interior and in charge of paramilitary force consist of 550,000 men, from our own political history we know How Zulfikar Ali Bhutto used Federal Security Force (click here)

Now also imagine NS & Zardari and their attitude towards the state, so we don't need another force to create more friction with state institutions but harmony.

4. Security of civil administration (President, Prime Minister etc.) should be separate force which should have nothing to do with Army.
Not necessary, but doable
5. Defense Minister / Secretary should take care most of issue defense issues / negotiations with foreigners, there shouldn't be any direct contact without civil supervision.
Agreed
7. Serving persons should be bared from all business venture of fauji corporation, and this business empire should be consolidated into public listed company.
Agreed.

But the most important thing is keep the Army as institution effective for its basic purpose of defending the homeland. Therefore I some time back suggested the following.

I too from some time thought about it and concluded there is no way we can reduce the power of Army Chief without negatively affecting the Army as organization as long as Army Chief have the power of postings & deployments.

Secondly We can not create 3 separate command structure within Army with 3 four star Gen, as it will multiply the mess 4 times specially when sub-nationalist tendencies of our Politicians will also play its role.

But there is only a single possible way with which we could drastically melowdown the position of Army Chief without affecting Army itself as organization

- By devolving some of authorities of Army Chief to the Collective body of Core Commanders particularly the authority of appointments. This way in some domains Core Commander Committee would become the highest decision making body replacing Army Chief in this role.

- Remove the provision of extension of Army Chief from law.

- Keep the 3 years tenure of Army Chief intact but change the tenure of Core Commanders upto 4 years, I mean allow 3 star general to serve upto 4 years but keep the tenure of 4 star Gen (Army Chief) limited to 3 years.

- Impact of this arrangement would ensure that 3 star Gen would not be 2-3 or more courses junior to the Army Chief which is the case with Gen Bajwa.

- Lastly this arrangement would not disturb the Organizational Structure of the Army high command but would only reduce certain powers of Army Chief.

In Pakistan we have learned that the post of Army Chief creates problems for the smooth functioning of democratic system IF Army Chief have political ambitions or personal interests in Politics, therefore it is necessary to devolve its authorities and power.

Back
Top Bottom