What's new

Avionics for Thunder - Western or Chinese?

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I believe Pakistan should not fall for western avionics package for JF-17.
Thunder should never be integrated with western avionics or wepons.
There can never be a gaurantee that western supplier have not sold the counter measures to any state.
In past such cases have surfaced with American products.
Now a days when US is more than willing to open its technology to india, we should expect that they have also sold counter measures of AIM-120C to indians.
We should also be careful with southafrican standoff missile i.e. H4
We should concentrate on locally built stand off wepons and chinese avionics and BVR developments.
If we do more bussines with China it increase the chance of development of Chinese products.
Balance in power is good news for the world.

lolz if we go by your anology everything must be local.US would not do what you suggest unless we're fighting Israel/UK/US.

Why should US limit him self to Israel/UK?
What if we went into conflict with exactly the same nations?
I don't remember the name... but this has happened to one of a south asian nation (perhaps Indonesia) when they bought fighter a/c from US and learned about the limitations after delivery.

batman.
It seems PAF has not listened to you .There have beeen repeated interviews by Ex CAS indicating that western avionics will be acquired. The Chinese suites need time to mature. Plus there will always remain problems with integration of western missiles.Plus what we are putting in may be built in Pakistan itself in due course so we are advancing our technical base as well.
Araz

In some cases the technology acquired by pakistan from the western world is copied and improved by china.

In some cases the technology acquired by pakistan from the western world is copied and improved by china.

Can you give us a specific example for my learning please.
Araz

Before PAF buy or acquire anything they have many things in mind before taking a decision.....professional people are sitting there who take a decison after thorough consideration.....I think a mix of chinese and western technology is the rite way for us at the moment.....

batman.
It seems PAF has not listened to you .There have beeen repeated interviews by Ex CAS indicating that western avionics will be acquired. The Chinese suites need time to mature. Plus there will always remain problems with integration of western missiles.Plus what we are putting in may be built in Pakistan itself in due course so we are advancing our technical base as well.
Araz
I never tried talking to PAF. They have the authority to take decsion.
I know exCAS has mentioned it but still it didn't happened yet.
Chinese suits are mature enough and as i said we need to use missiles also from China or co-produced.
I'm all for self production and if not than China is the way to go.
If west can put santions on Pakistan than Pakistan also consider returning some favors and as i said more bussines with China means more development funds being made available hence increasing the speed of catching up and ensuring potential fixtures at some what fair level.

I believe Pakistan should not fall for western avionics package for JF-17.
Thunder should never be integrated with western avionics or wepons.
There can never be a gaurantee that western supplier have not sold the counter measures to any state.
In past such cases have surfaced with American products.
Now a days when US is more than willing to open its technology to india, we should expect that they have also sold counter measures of AIM-120C to indians.
We should also be careful with southafrican standoff missile i.e. H4
We should concentrate on locally built stand off wepons and chinese avionics and BVR developments.
If we do more bussines with China it increase the chance of development of Chinese products.
Balance in power is good news for the world.

Friend would you like to tell me which country would provide avionics for JF-17? And do you really think its that easy to accquire avionics from any country pakistan wants? And by the way friend chinese avionics nowhere near western avionics. So pakistan should think about what's better for pak.

I never tried talking to PAF. They have the authority to take decsion.
I know exCAS has mentioned it but still it didn't happened yet.
Chinese suits are mature enough and as i said we need to use missiles also from China or co-produced.
I'm all for self production and if not than China is the way to go.
If west can put santions on Pakistan than Pakistan also consider returning some favors and as i said more bussines with China means more development funds being made available hence increasing the speed of catching up and ensuring potential fixtures at some what fair level.

as all of us kow that the western world and european countries have put a weapon embargo that has been lasting for twenty years since the collapse of soviet union.the only way for china to get study on the western especially european not american that weapons is to get the sample from pakistan and other friendly countries secretly without being realized by the suppliers. now the chinese are also try to improve their avi tech desperately to catch up with the usa, so in my opinion that pakistan should not get too obsessed with the western tech and you should try to merge east and west together by yourself to get the best of both:china::usflag::pakistan::bunny:

If I was the head of PAF, i would go for Chinese avionics not becoz they are top notch right now but bcoz they could develope advanced tech as they grow economically later. Also hunt for western tech also depends upon Pakistan's relationship with rest of the world so on so forth while China is considered as an "all weather" friend. Still India will be at the top of the food chain bcoz it has access to most western, russian, us, Israeli and our homegrown pool of defence equipment sources.

If I was the head of PAF, i would go for Chinese avionics not becoz they are top notch right now but bcoz they could develope advanced tech as they grow economically later. Also hunt for western tech also depends upon Pakistan's relationship with rest of the world so on so forth while China is considered as an "all weather" friend. Still India will be at the top of the food chain bcoz it has access to most western, russian, us, Israeli and our homegrown pool of defence equipment sources.

well, in the point of view of the suppliers of weapons that provide indians with the new products, the indians is a big fat sheep with money if indians cannot properly absorb the tech obtained from other countries,failures in indigenization will only hinder the industrial development......think about it carefully for long term , buying advanced weapons externally will not last long...

well, in the point of view of the suppliers of weapons that provide indians with the new products, the indians is a big fat sheep with money if indians cannot properly absorb the tech obtained from other countries,failures in indigenization will only hinder the industrial development......think about it carefully for long term , buying advanced weapons externally will not last long...

If u can look at the trajectory of our Indigenisation in defence equipment, our future is bright.

If u can look at the trajectory of our Indigenisation in defence equipment, our future is bright.

you mean like the long livespan project lca and arjun?? the basic thing is the lack of expertise in manufacturing of heavy industrial product, indians indeed got a long way to catch up, the experienced and talented engineers need decades to be trained and discovered like those in china, not to talk about giving malaysia full piece of harware to copy and indigenize...we are just unable to do anything without the basic tech knowledge, and not to even mention reversed engineering skills...and does this give you an insight into the future of rapid development??

you mean like the long livespan project lca and arjun?? the basic thing is the lack of expertise in manufacturing of heavy industrial product, indians indeed got a long way to catch up, the experienced and talented engineers need decades to be trained and discovered like those in china, not to talk about giving malaysia full piece of harware to copy and indigenize...we are just unable to do anything without the basic tech knowledge, and not to even mention reversed engineering skills...and does this give you an insight into the future of rapid development??

u need to keep updated with current news and developements buddy. Only recently India started to involve private sector in Defense related matters. Now if u doubt the credibility of Indian private sector then am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom