What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Update Avalanche Clearance at Gayari Sector Siachen

Search and rescue operation at Gayari Sector is being carried out round the clock.
Ground Penetrating Rader (GPR) team took readings at 26 different points and indentified eight sites for further probe.
Work on all indentified sites is in progress. A 300 feet long course has been hauled over the avalanche for restoration of the channel by employing dozers.*
3198.jpg

brand new trucks & equipment! where did pakistan get them from??? as an assistance from friendly countries or bought? just a curious question.

brand new trucks & equipment! where did pakistan get them from??? as an assistance from friendly countries or bought? just a curious question.

there are pleny of private companies in pakistan with all this equipment and more....
plus PA has their own diggers and trucks

As you can see on the truck, on the back the blue square, indicating it is of engineer corps.

FWP, NDMA, and army does have these equipment.

New Hino trucks were bought some years ago.

In the future amry should run cable lift system to move across mountains, its easy, cheap n safe and can tavels miles in minutes which u need days to climb
This unfortunate tragedy reflects the reality that we not well prepared, need to improve should have contigency plan for future

In the future amry should run cable lift system to move across mountains, its easy, cheap n safe and can tavels miles in minutes which u need days to climb
This unfortunate tragedy reflects the reality that we not well prepared, need to improve should have contigency plan for future

You cant make chairlifts in those areas.

First where would you put the base of the pylons?

The electricity to drive the motors, the lubricants, then you would have to put in anti-freeze on everything.

You cant make chairlifts in those areas.

First where would you put the base of the pylons?

The electricity to drive the motors, the lubricants, then you would have to put in anti-freeze on everything.

i seen chair lifts working fine while i used to live in lapland....
but temperatures were same as siachen...but wasnt that mountainous.

Chairlifts work fine. but the practicality is a problem.

Why would you need chairlifts , make the bases of the pylons, the wires, the chairs, the lubes and everything.

Where would you power them from 14000 feet AGL.

The ISPR says over 1900,000 Tonnes of ice have been moved since the rescue operations started, a 400 foot passage way has also been dug to channel water from the lake that used to be Giyari River before the avalanche blocked it's flow.

I have used a chair lift/ski lift in PAF Naltar in 1966-67. The lift was operated with a VW car engine modified by PAF engineers for the purpose.

Time is approaching where we should accept reality 3 weeks ...I think was a good effort put forth
If there were emitters or signals..but ...there is alot of rubble noy just ice

Siachen: rescue operation enters 23rd day
ONLINE - International News Network
Siachen: Work on spillway is underway to discharge water that resulted due to melting of glacier.

According to the details, the water level is on the rise that has spread over to an area of one kilometer.

The search and rescue operation for over a 100 soldiers buried at Gayari continued for the 23rd day. ISPR reported that the Ground Penetrating Rader (GPR) teams took readings at 26 different points and identified eight sites for further search yesterday.

Meanwhile, the Met office has forecasted more snowfall during the next 24 hours.

No PR105/2012-ISPR
Rawalpindi - April 30, 2012:
Update Avalanche Clearance at Gayari Sector Siachen

Ground Penetrating Rader team has scanned a total of 176 points at various locations and indentified 44 points for excavation.
Mean while excavation and physical search continues at all locations and all efforts are being made to maintain the pace of work. To augment the search and probe operation more Engineering plant equipment which include 19 excavators, Dozers and dumpers are on their way to Gayari.
Protection band is being made between artificial lake and avalanche to prevent inundation of excavated site.

3200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom