What's new

Australian Uighurs protest against the Chinese government

I dont think the Turkish Govt actually really cares about the Uyghurs its just domestic political ploy Turks are very nationalistic people and take the Pan-Turkic mantra seriously well a bloc of voters think of it this way Cold War era Central Asia, Chechenya, and Tatars made rounds in their circles fast foward 2019 same thing I think Sino-Turkish ties aint really that bad more domestic politics and grandstanding
Totally agree.

I am not very familiar with Turks mentality. My understanding is this is political motivated movement by US and Turkey, especially during Cold War.

Turkey as NATO members is in the front-line during Cold War, both US and Turkey would love to play the ethnic card to unrest USSR. There are many so called Turk ethnic in East European and Central Asia. They play both religion and ethnic card and it hurts USSR badly.

Any movement will keep going by its momentum. After USSR dissolution, Turkey find more opportunities to increase influence especially in Balkan and Central Asia. In recent 30 years, the struggling in middle east create numerous religion movement and military groups and it will overflow into Central Asia as well.

All those political movement and religion motivation were exploited by Justice and Development Party (Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi). It shaped the Turkey political ecosystem and used/encouraged by West sponsored propaganda machines.

Turkey politicians play with fire to get elected, that's the tragedy of one man one vote. and we see nationalism without tight control usually lead to war or conflicts in history.

China on the other hand hold out an olive branch, but I have little faith that the relationship between China and Turkey will be stable, because many politicians and west don't want to see a stable ties between the two countries.

One man one vote system is so easily manipulated and exploited by propaganda machines, China has to find bargaining chip in Middle East. Kurds is one card, Balkan is second one, Cyprus is third, Syria is forth, KSA is 5th, Egypt is 6th, Israel is 7th.

When all those card ready, Turkey's political movement will backfire himself badly. China really don't want to hurt Turkey, we are not enemy, but we will have to get all those bargainning chip ready.

As I said, Turkey never really learnt from their history. Ottoman dissolution is no accident.

To be fair Kurds are no angels either they were pushing Arab folks out of their lands and causing Bashar Al Assad to weaken his grip in the north
I knew. Everyone is fighting for their own interest. What I hate mostly is hypocrisy. I like Trump because he is ba$tard and he proudly admitted as US presidents for the first time.

What China want is a peaceful Xinjiang and peaceful Uigur. If we don't take action now, it will be a much bigger problem in future. And Chinese will NOT let it happen. Turks agree or disagree has zero impacts on China domestic policy, we don't care at all.

I knew. Everyone is fighting for their own interest. What I hate mostly is hypocrisy. I like Trump because he is ba$tard and he proudly admitted as US presidents for the first time.

What China want is a peaceful Xinjiang and peaceful Uigur. If we don't take action now, it will be a much bigger problem in future. And Chinese will NOT let it happen. Turks agree or disagree has zero impacts on China domestic policy, we don't care at all.

Every nation takes care of its own citizens at the expense of people who oppose its nationhood...These human rights and other aspects are merely tools that are used by nations to fulfill their own agenda..

Every nation takes care of its own citizens at the expense of people who oppose its nationhood...These human rights and other aspects are merely tools that are used by nations to fulfill their own agenda..
The human rights tools are replacement of direct colonization which is too expensive nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom