What's new

Australian French angle to India’s Quest for Nuclear Attack Submarines ?

Just have a look to the number of russian nuclear subs sunk..... Last one was Koursk. It's a little bit worrying isn't it?

Just have a look to Yasen sub : very big (more than a Lafayette SSBN class !), probably very costly, very late on shedule (built from 1990...).

See the last russian sub : Lada SSK = A failure . I'm afraid they have lost some of their previous skill with end of cold war. You need a stronger partner.

Okay, okay.... I'm french..... so I 'm a little bit biased :-)

The point is not French quality. Indian Air Force to this day swears by the reliability of Mirage 2000.

The point is, will France be willing to share nuclear tech capabilities with India. Not out of any like or dislike but because of the commitments it has made in international organisations.

The point is, will France be willing to share nuclear tech capabilities with India. Not out of any like or dislike but because of the commitments it has made in international organisations.
Why not.
India is a peacefull country. We have a long relation ship on weapon trade, without problem (no reverse engenering like China ...). You are a reliable partner.
We give access to our nuclear simultion center to GB. Why not to India?
But it will not be officially released...

Why not.
India is a peacefull country. We have a long relation ship on weapon trade, without problem (no reverse engenering like China ...). You are a reliable partner.
We give access to our nuclear simultion center to GB. Why not to India?
But it will not be officially released...

First of all, they are the most provocative country in the region with an abysmal human rights violation record. Calling them peaceful is besmirching the good name of peace. Secondly, your secrets are only as secure with them as the idiot handling them. Hint: the recently leaked DCNS submarine secrets.

First of all, they are the most provocative country in the region with an abysmal human rights violation record. Calling them peaceful is besmirching the good name of peace. Secondly, your secrets are only as secure with them as the idiot handling them. Hint: the recently leaked DCNS submarine secrets.
The so called leaked secrets are a closed case, by french AND Indian courts.

And if you called "secret" a marketing brochure.... 10 years old....
You are reading too many James Bond 007 books.

The so called leaked secrets are a closed case, by french AND Indian courts.

And if you called "secret" a marketing brochure.... 10 years old....
You are reading too many James Bond 007 books.

Can you give me any source that shows the leak was trivial and case is closed?

Can you give me any source that shows the leak was trivial and case is closed?
It's in french. I made a small traduction.
La Tribune is an economic newspaper.

http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises...fuites-sur-le-sous-marin-scorpene-744386.html

"C'est terminé. Près d'un an après les révélations du journal australien "The Australian" sur des fuites de documents concernant le programme de sous-marin Scorpène fabriqué par Naval Group (ex-DCNS), l'Inde a classé le dossier Scorpène X, qui n'a occasionné aucun préjudice pour le groupe tricolore, selon des sources concordantes. New Delhi l'a d'ailleurs annoncé au PDG de Naval Group Hervé Guillou, qui était de passage dans la capitale indienne la semaine dernière. "Cette histoire est derrière Naval Group", assure-t-on à La Tribune. Les soupçons pèsent lourdement sur un concurrent européen du groupe français, qui a tenté une manœuvre de déstabilisation."

=>

"It's over. Nearly a year after the revelations of the Australian newspaper "The Australian" about leaks of documents concerning the Scorpene submarine program manufactured by Naval Group (formerly DCNS), India filed the Scorpene X file, which 'Caused no harm to the group tricolor, according to sources concordantes. New Delhi announced it to the CEO of Naval Group Hervé Guillou, who was passing through the Indian capital last week. "This story is behind Naval Group," La Tribune said. The suspicion weighs heavily on a European competitor of the French group, which has attempted a destabilizing maneuver (read Germany !) ."

oups...
Taygibay was faster than me !

What I glean from reading between the lines of shoddy Google translate is they updated the submarine's specs so the previous leak is no longer relevant.
What I glean from reading between the lines of shoddy Google translate is they updated the submarine's specs so the previous leak is no longer relevant.
There is nothing between the lines in this google translate.

It's in french. I made a small traduction.
La Tribune is an economic newspaper.

http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises...fuites-sur-le-sous-marin-scorpene-744386.html

"C'est terminé. Près d'un an après les révélations du journal australien "The Australian" sur des fuites de documents concernant le programme de sous-marin Scorpène fabriqué par Naval Group (ex-DCNS), l'Inde a classé le dossier Scorpène X, qui n'a occasionné aucun préjudice pour le groupe tricolore, selon des sources concordantes. New Delhi l'a d'ailleurs annoncé au PDG de Naval Group Hervé Guillou, qui était de passage dans la capitale indienne la semaine dernière. "Cette histoire est derrière Naval Group", assure-t-on à La Tribune. Les soupçons pèsent lourdement sur un concurrent européen du groupe français, qui a tenté une manœuvre de déstabilisation."

=>

"It's over. Nearly a year after the revelations of the Australian newspaper "The Australian" about leaks of documents concerning the Scorpene submarine program manufactured by Naval Group (formerly DCNS), India filed the Scorpene X file, which 'Caused no harm to the group tricolor, according to sources concordantes. New Delhi announced it to the CEO of Naval Group Hervé Guillou, who was passing through the Indian capital last week. "This story is behind Naval Group," La Tribune said. The suspicion weighs heavily on a European competitor of the French group, which has attempted a destabilizing maneuver (read Germany !) ."

oups...
Taygibay was faster than me !

There is nothing between the lines in this google translate.

OK, thanks. Got it.

But your friends are fast elongating the list of their enemies. Chinese hackers are discovered many months after they have done their operations.

I don't know if you are beefing up India because you feel threatened by China, or you simply don't care and see it as good business?

OK, thanks. Got it.

But your friends are fast elongating the list of their enemies. Chinese hackers are discovered many months after they have done their operations.

I don't know if you are beefing up India because you feel threatened by China, or you simply don't care and see it as good business?
We are supporting India since decades.
We mainly deal with China on civilian stuff until 20 years.

We are supporting India since decades.
We mainly deal with China on civilian stuff until 20 years.

Yeah, but as they form new enemies, you are going to feel some heat. Previously, the animosity smoldered beneath the surface, now it is starting to become a firestorm.

First of all, they are the most provocative country in the region with an abysmal human rights violation record.

Let us see who has provoked a full scale bloodbath sending 10 million refugees into neighboring country

Let us see who was hiding world's most wantest terrorist a few hundred yards from their military academy

Let us see who was accused of supplying nuclear technology to the likes of North Korea, Libya and Iran

Let us see who has provoked a full scale bloodbath sending 10 million refugees into neighboring country

Let us see who was hiding world's most wantest terrorist a few hundred yards from their military academy

Let us see who was accused of supplying nuclear technology to the likes of North Korea, Libya and Iran

Wait! What???

Usama bin was hiding with 10 million refugees in a French sub
in Abbottabad along with some Aussies too, spreading Pakistani
nuclear tech . . . to anyone who wants it but India?

I must revise what I had read and call Wiki and everyone! :cheesy:

Either that or it's a simple case of wrong thread cuz' title says
... m'well, something else entirely than that post!

But hey, good day to you in any case, Tay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom