What's new

Australian cops joke about Indian's electrocution: Times of India

damn the racist pakistanis`! a legacy of british colonism.

See that? I can say stupid statements aswell, it's not very hard. :cheers:

:P Arabs are more racist, and we Pukhtuns are as much racists so who's legacy it is .

BTW if some people were not over-sensitive towards Indians i would have been openly racist if there were some solid reasons to be racist sometimes when others bring up stupid allegations

I see nothing wrong if racism has some valid basis

Last edited:
I do hope so...

By the way, what kind of a paper is the 'Herald Sun'? How respectable/reputed is it?

Not very respectable, the amount of bullshit that gets published in the newspaper will amaze you. It's as bad as Fox Media. Just last week, they had some article about how Muslims are taking over the world, it's absurd.

Also it's a tabloid newspaper.

It's only 2 media outlets saying it's "racist" and just because they say it is, doesn't mean it is.

It isn't racist and it fits no where in with the definition of racism.

I havent so far commented on it. But yes that is not racist rather we can say that was inhuman to make fun of that poor Indian who was electrocuted. i have seen that clip few months back and it was like shocking . He died in minutes it was shocking, annoying and at the same times makes you cursing him for his stupid head which he did not use :angry:

If the emails are even true then yes its NOT racism

I hear that the Australian envoy has been summoned by the FM. While the e-mail joke is certainly disdainful, summoning an envoy is certainly going a bit too far. Probably slipping in a word at a bilateral meeting or at a global conference could have been better.

And is it me or is that that we Indian are getting too sensitive about everything? I mean if we look at the way the people in Delhi streets behave with African students and expats, we would certainly hang our heads with shame.

I hear that the Australian envoy has been summoned by the FM. While the e-mail joke is certainly disdainful, summoning an envoy is certainly going a bit too far. Probably slipping in a word at a bilateral meeting or at a global conference could have been better.

And is it me or is that that we Indian are getting too sensitive about everything? I mean if we look at the way the people in Delhi streets behave with African students and expats, we would certainly hang our heads with shame.

Robbies making fun of death indeed is in bad taste.

As far as your comments in bold well we have to be realistic seriously Indians do make fun of even own people from Manipur. They are often called chunkies. Similarly here in our country we do make fun of dark people and vice versa .

And none of us hang our heads in shame

[India reacts to racist emails

India reacts to racist emails

THE Indian Foreign Office has summoned the Australian high commissioner to India, Peter Varghese, to express India's anger at racist emails circulated by Victorian police officers and to demand more action to ensure the safety of Indians in Australia.

The email scandal has dealt a fresh blow to relations between New Delhi and Canberra, damaged last year by attacks on Indian students.

Top Indian diplomats told Mr Varghese that ''such an entrenched bias among sections of law enforcers towards the Indian community is a matter of serious concern''.

The Indian government was reacting to emails by two Victorian police officers showing video footage of a man being electrocuted and suggesting it could be a way to "fix" Melbourne's Indian student problem. An External Affair Ministry statement said: "Such behaviour and attitudes had no place in any society.''

Robbies making fun of death indeed is in bad taste.

As far as your comments in bold well we have to be realistic seriously Indians do make fun of even own people from Manipur. They are often called chunkies. Similarly here in our country we do make fun of dark people and vice versa .

And none of us hang our heads in shame

Well we Indians should. There's a serious lack of etiquetes and sensitization amongst even educated urban folks.

Let me give you an example- I was at the CWG Badminton games today at Siri Fort. A hugely enjoyable experience and great crowd. But there was an incident that really left a bad taste, at least in my mouth. When the names of Malaysian players were announced (difficult to pronounce as they were of Chinese origin) a general laughter went up in the crowd. Imagine how the players walking in to play would have felt! My friends who have lived abroad and my brother who has a lot of Chinese friends from NZ were appalled. We looked around and everybody was laughing or chuckling at the announcement of the names.

I do think that the e-mail and its content was offensive. But my point is that we need to be sensitive ourselves before labeling others as racists. And its also got to do with understanding that with our rising stature incidents like these would happen more often. We just need to act more mature and less emotional about it. Thats all.

Actually..

We S Asians in general & those in N India & Pak in particular are very quick to take umbrage when things relate to us. We however do not think for a moment when we genaralise people based on their looks, financial status and what they ' show'.

Actually..

We S Asians in general & those in N India & Pak in particular are very quick to take umbrage when things relate to us. We however do not think for a moment when we genaralise people based on their looks, financial status and what they ' show'.

Yeah. We are all after "show - shaa", arent we....?

Racial email scandal: India reacts sharply, urges Australia to take action

Read more at: Racial email scandal: India reacts sharply, urges Australia to take action

New Delhi: India has reacted sharply over a racist email scandal involving top Australian police officers. The Australian High Commissioner to India, Peter Verghese, was summoned by the Ministry of External Affairs on Saturday after top Victoria Police were caught circulating offensive mails on an Indian electrocuted on a train.

In a statement, the Ministry said, "It was conveyed to Australian envoy that such an entrenched bias among sections of law enforcers towards the Indian community is a matter of serious concern. Such behavior and attitudes have no place in any society. We sincerely hope that apart from taking action against concerned officers, Australian authorities will also take necessary and effective measures to address concerns about safety of all people of Indian origin in Australia."

Reacting to the issue, the Australian High Commissioner said his government strongly condemned the offensive email.

"Can I just say, in relation to this e-mail that the Australian government, the Victorian government and the commissioner of the Victorian police condemn it in the strongest possible terms. This is an e-mail which is offensive; it's unacceptable and it's completely contrary to the principles of respect and tolerance that we seek to embed in Australian society," said Peter Varghese.
"This might be a way to fix the Indian student problem." That was the plan of the Victoria police, taking their cue from a video which showed an Indian travelling on the roof of a train getting electrocuted when he touched some high voltage cables. The video of a real incident in India, and circulated as a joke by the policemen, was exposed in a sting by Australia's Herald Sun. (Read: Australia police in racist e-mail sting)

The sting implicates 30 police officials, and so far four have been sacked, one demoted, and five others fined. But despite the Victoria premier John Brumby saying the incident was contrary to Victoria's values, Indians in Australia are far from reassured.

"We are shocked, and this controversy is appalling. They must issue an apology to the Indian students," said Gautam Gupta, from the Federation of Indians Students of Australia (FISA).

There are over 70,000 Indian students in Australia. Enrolments from the sub-continent have fallen by half in 2010, after recent incidents of hate crimes.

While more officers will face the disciplinary panel in the next few weeks, all attempts made by the state of Victoria to ease racial tension following the attacks on people of Indian origin have been set back, and may need some drastic damage control.

Nodoltyae aisa hee kartay hain . havent you seen jo nai nai ameer howay hoon wo show shaw hee kartay hain

Absolutely right.

So many time I have heard ppl say things like" Gallan toh waddi Waddi katha hai, par gaddi theko kedi leye phirdha hai " ( he talks of great things, but look at the car he drives !)

This is particularly so in Delhi , Haryana & Punjab where a person is known not by what he is but what it portrays himself to be. I am sure this must be true in parts of pak as well.

Believe me, in N India if the credit cards were to be withdrawn , most ppl would collapse.

seriously I don't see any racisim in this, I too sent a mail yestarday to my friend saying some australian's need to be bitchslapped and hanged for thier rogue behavior at cwg. Am I racisit?

JESUS what happend to the humour sense.

Let me give you an example- I was at the CWG Badminton games today at Siri Fort. A hugely enjoyable experience and great crowd. But there was an incident that really left a bad taste, at least in my mouth. When the names of Malaysian players were announced (difficult to pronounce as they were of Chinese origin) a general laughter went up in the crowd. Imagine how the players walking in to play would have felt! My friends who have lived abroad and my brother who has a lot of Chinese friends from NZ were appalled. We looked around and everybody was laughing or chuckling at the announcement of the names.

I do think that the e-mail and its content was offensive. But my point is that we need to be sensitive ourselves before labeling others as racists. And its also got to do with understanding that with our rising stature incidents like these would happen more often. We just need to act more mature and less emotional about it. Thats all.

Thanks for the sentiment my friend. :cheers:

We are quite used to that though. Especially in Hong Kong where a lot of last names are "Ho", and more rarely, "Fok". One of the most common names in the mainland is "Wang".

So yeah, it happens a lot. Luckily my last name is one of the neutral ones (Chen/Chan) so I don't get too many problems with it. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom