What's new

Australian Air Chief visits PAF Headquarters - August 10, 2009

Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Air Marshal Mark D Binskin, Chief of Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, visited Pakistan Air Headquarters Islamabad. On his arrival at Air Headquarters, he was received by Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman. A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force presented the Guard of Honour. After reviewing the Guard of Honour, he was introduced to Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force. The distinguished guest also paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs Monument at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. The distinguished guest also called on Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman at his office. Both the air chiefs remained together for some time and discussed matters of professional interest. Later the delegation attended a briefing at Air Headquarters on the organization, role and functioning of Pakistan Air Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a political visit i guess. it is not of any significant importance as far as hardware purchase are concerned!

anyway thanks for news!

regards!

Well many visits are political visits, it is not at all necessary to visit always for a some hardware exchange.

there are discussions going for the sale of Boeing's ScanEagle UAV with Australia which requires a US NOC!

Hi,

Australia had also helped us with our agosta submarines---I believe in reducing the prop noise.

We are flying many of their mirages as well---thankyou australia.

Hi,

Australia had also helped us with our agosta submarines---I believe in reducing the prop noise.

We are flying many of their mirages as well---thankyou australia.

Can i say a big thanks to India too!! if they had not stopped Australian ships and interrogated them in the Strait of malaca,Australia would probably not have gone on to sell the mirages to PAF.
Araz

Pl don't bring India to everything. We should know the significance of the visit.

Can i say a big thanks to India too!! if they had not stopped Australian ships and interrogated them in the Strait of malaca,Australia would probably not have gone on to sell the mirages to PAF.
Araz

Is that true? If it is, then this would become a classic example of pissing someone off with a thanks.

Is that true? If it is, then this would become a classic example of pissing someone off with a thanks.

yes indeed. the controversy is a familiar one. it caused much flare in foreign offices of both the countries!
you may now go ahead and take it is an example as you said! ;)
regards!

Pl don't bring India to everything. We should know the significance of the visit.

patriot
Please read about the incident before you blame me for bringing india into it. The incident was indeed one of the major reasons for Australian sale of mirages to us. So indeed we owe this as much to our ingenuity as much as to the Boo Boo that the indian navy commited. hence my post. i hope this post clarifies the situation.
WaSalam
Araz

One of the Australian Mirages. My course mate commanding 25 Sqd

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom