What's new

Australia says no plans to sell uranium to Pakistan

praful

BANNED
Reaction score
CANBERRA: Australia has no plans to consider selling uranium to Israel or Pakistan despite moving to open up uranium sales to India, Prime Minister Julia Gillard said on Tuesday.

Gillard said she wants the ruling Labor party’s national conference in December to overturn a ban on uranium sales to countries which have not signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, to allow sales to India.

Australia says no plans to sell uranium to Pakistan | World | DAWN.COM

Uranium sale to India was a possibility, but Australia WILL NEVER sell to Pakistan.

Pakistan has a reputation as a rogue state when it comes to nuclear weapons. Pakistan has been one of the worst-behaved countries in terms of promulgating nuclear technologies beyond its borders.

There was a network run by the scientist AQ Khan that was responsible for some of the worst proliferation excesses that we've seen in the last decade or two

Uranium sale to India was a possibility, but Australia WILL NEVER sell to Pakistan.

Pakistan has a reputation as a rogue state when it comes to nuclear weapons. Pakistan has been one of the worst-behaved countries in terms of promulgating nuclear technologies beyond its borders.

There was a network run by the scientist AQ Khan that was responsible for some of the worst proliferation excesses that we've seen in the last decade or two
I strongly disagree with you, AQ Khan might have commited crime, but we can not accuse the entire Pakistani Establishment for one mans mis-deeds.
They did keep up the promise of eradicating the rouge network out of their establishment.
But they have not earned the trust of the Australinas for a nuclear fuel sale, it will take some time to over come that.

I strongly disagree with you, AQ Khan might have commited crime, but we can not accuse the entire Pakistani Establishment for one mans mis-deeds.They did keep up the promise of eradicating the rouge network out of their establishment.
But they have not earned the trust of the Australinas for a nuclear fuel sale, it will take some time to over come that.

it has been proved that he was not alone but the whole establishment was behind him. Noone can believe that he did it alone without the knowledge of Establishment. He was just a scapegoat. The credibilty of pakistan is highly doubtful. can't take a risk. good job Australia :tup:

I strongly disagree with you, AQ Khan might have commited crime, but we can not accuse the entire Pakistani Establishment for one mans mis-deeds.
They did keep up the promise of eradicating the rouge network out of their establishment.

Yah right! A Q Khan was just the scapegoat. He couldn't have done all that without Pakistani establishment knowing about it.

Stupid comment I ever read.

Australia should not sell to India unless Indian signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty agreements.

I think we should... call a spade a spade.

AQ Khan is not even a scientist, he is a metallurgist. So, is it a one man show that AQ all alone builds all the nuke arsenal that Pakistan possesses and AQ Khan hijacks military planes to go to Libya and North Korea to offer nukes?

However, I do very much agree with you that Australia, at some later stage, may indeed sell Uranium to Pakistan. That is why the statesmen do not use strong words like "NEVER", they say it is "highly unlikely".

Times change, and needs change, and perspectives change too. It is very much possible, and won't be too far either.

Once Pakistan becomes a responsible nation, a stronger economy that can't be allowed to fail, and pays more attention to domestic problems than the international ones, then, Uranium and other stuff will indeed be sold to Pakistan and possibly with all the tech as well.

Pakistan pursued Japan as well but Japanese too disappointed Pakistani diplomats who rushed in hurry to Japan when India started dealing process with Japan for Indo - Japan nuclear deal. Now they have asked Australia too after when AU has started to think about any possible sales of yellow cake to India.

Cry Babies.

Do you really think honestly Pakistan going to stop nuclear productions despite the fact Australia says no plans sell uranium to Pakistan likely in the future ?

Slowly, it will change and patiences.

Back
Top Bottom