What's new

Australia: nuclear submarines ready by 2040

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Per statement of PM Australia Morrison the submarines built Adelaide will be readied by 2040. In the face of China threat in the Pacific the US government appears to giving up the hesitation and is now willing to deliver allies with secret nuclear technology. Something big has changed. There are some countries in the region that want nuclear submarines too.

Australia submarines will be some sorts of copies of US and UK submarines they will be armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles.

Australien: Raus aus französischem U-Bootbauprogramm – rein in AUKUS
USS Santa Fe schließt sich im westaustralischen Übungsgebiet den Collins-Klasse-U-Booten der Royal Australian Navy HMAS Collins, HMAS Farncomb, HMAS Dechaineux und HMAS Sheean in Formation an. Die U-Boote der Collins-Klasse der Royal Australian Navy haben eine Länge von 77,8 m und eine Verdrängung von 3051 ts über Wasser / 3353 ts unter Wasser. Foto mit freundlicher Genehmigung von US Navy

Die US-amerikanischen Uboote der Los-Angeles-Klasse haben eine Länge von 110 m bei einer Verdrängung von 6300 tn.l. aufgetaucht / 6900 bis 7100 tn.l. getaucht. Foto: US Navy

HMS Ambush, ein englisches Uboot der Astute-Klasse. Das Boot hat eine Länge von 97 m bei einer Verdrängung von 7400 tn.l. (getaucht). Foto: Royal Navy

lol OMG....2040. and thats the planning time, not counting the for sure project delay and over budget....... China's GDP will be 40 trillion and have a base on moon by then...

by 2040 what do you think the PLAN will have?

Australia is just one member among an anti Chinese coalition in Asia Pacific, they tried to make contribution on that alliance as far as their economy can afford

Australia is just one member among an anti Chinese coalition in Asia Pacific, they tried to make contribution on that alliance as far as their economy can afford

uh... so? I don't see how that changes my point.

2040?

097 will be in service for at least a few years by that time and 093 are probably close to retirement. What's the use of building a sub that will be obsolete as soon as completed?

The percise version that Australia wants will be 2040 - but it is looking like that between 2021 and 2040, Australia will lease nuclear submarines to bring her crews upto date and to build the infrastructure to support those submarines.

My money is them leasing new build Astutes which will then serve out the remainder of their service lives with the RN when they get the variants that they want/need.

Astutes have been in RN service for a decade now so you can see how a new build delivered in the next few years will overlap those that will be retired from RN service while the RN works on a replacement submarine for the Astute which has been kicked off recently.

If Australia decides to participate in the new RN replacement programme for the Astute then development costs can be shared and they can spend that money on infrastructure build and the tooling required to manufacture the submarines. They can also learn how to build these types of submarines for themselves as they can be involved early on in the design process.

There is a perfect alignment of Australias needs and the UK's needs right now - a golden opportunity that may given them more than what is possible with a derivative of the Virigina class ( and yes, I am waving my flag here !! ).

Given the timelines involved and the capability increase in that part of the world, dumping the Barracuda was the best decision that AustralIa made for sure ...

Last edited:

I think these submarines will eventually be used to compete with Indonesia for hegemony in the southern hemisphere.
At that time, I'm afraid Indonesia's strength had far exceeded that of Australia.

I think these submarines will eventually be used to compete with Indonesia for hegemony in the southern hemisphere.
At that time, I'm afraid Indonesia's strength had far exceeded that of Australia.

Yup this project can make Australia get two targets in one action. This is why they are ready to set aside huge financial resources for this project alone. It is their long term target to some day become nuclear power as this small population country with huge land and resources is afraid when USA is not as powerful as it has currently.

For short term target they will arm more Tomahawks missiles with land attack capable which I see has more intention to face Indonesia than China.

Australia stole East Timor and Papua New Guinea from Indonesia but Indonesia is too weak to do anything about it. This sub deal maybe keeps Indonesia away for the forseeable future

The French submarines would have been ready by 2030 supposedly. The Americans are gonna take a decade longer? China will have conquered half of the Pacific by then :P

Per statement of PM Australia Morrison the submarines built Adelaide will be readied by 2040. In the face of China threat in the Pacific the US government appears to giving up the hesitation and is now willing to deliver allies with secret nuclear technology. Something big has changed. There are some countries in the region that want nuclear submarines too.

Australia submarines will be some sorts of copies of US and UK submarines they will be armed with Tomahawk cruise missiles.

USS Santa Fe schließt sich im westaustralischen Übungsgebiet den Collins-Klasse-U-Booten der Royal Australian Navy HMAS Collins, HMAS Farncomb, HMAS Dechaineux und HMAS Sheean in Formation an. Die U-Boote der Collins-Klasse der Royal Australian Navy haben eine Länge von 77,8 m und eine Verdrängung von 3051 ts über Wasser / 3353 ts unter Wasser. Foto mit freundlicher Genehmigung von US Navy

Die US-amerikanischen Uboote der Los-Angeles-Klasse haben eine Länge von 110 m bei einer Verdrängung von 6300 tn.l. aufgetaucht / 6900 bis 7100 tn.l. getaucht. Foto: US Navy

HMS Ambush, ein englisches Uboot der Astute-Klasse. Das Boot hat eine Länge von 97 m bei einer Verdrängung von 7400 tn.l. (getaucht). Foto: Royal Navy
By then, maybe, there will be no country called the USA. And maybe by then, there will be no international bank left that will be able to finance and look after the project in financial matters.
By 2030, mark my words, many countries that we know today will vanish from the map of this earth. They will simply be disintegrated or will be assimilated in other countries.
This century will hopefully take away the cancer of humanity with it. In sha Allah.

Yup this project can make Australia get two targets in one action. This is why they are ready to set aside huge financial resources for this project alone. It is their long term target to some day become nuclear power as this small population country with huge land and resources is afraid when USA is not as powerful as it has currently.

For short term target they will arm more Tomahawks missiles with land attack capable which I see has more intention to face Indonesia than China.

By 2040, the USA may no longer have the world's most powerful navy. Indonesia has also become the leader of ASEAN. If I were an Australian politician, I also would get the nuclear submarine at all costs.
I used to laugh at Australians for being stupid. Now it seems that they are not stupid.

Back
Top Bottom