What's new

Australia Defence Forum

We've just wrapped up Exercise Elang AUSINDO 2019 (EA19). EA19 is a bilateral air-to-air combat exercise conducted by the Indonesian Airforce (Tentara Nasional Indonesia Angkatan Udara (TNI AU)) and the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). Approximately 140 personnel and six F/A-18F Super Hornets from No. 1 Squadron operated out of Manado, North Sulawesi for the exercise. The exercise demonstrated the commitment between Australia and Indonesia in developing co-operative procedures, and increased our capacity to work together. The success of the exercise was due to a range of trades and personnel from both air forces working together to meet the exercise objectives.

Australia set to boost military spending by $11billion a year amid growing threat of WAR with China as diplomatic feud drags on and tensions over Beijing expansion mount
  • New report predicts Australia will spend $51.26billion a year on defence by 2025

What have I been saying for years on PDF. China needs to build up many, many hundreds of SSKs and other subs. That they are as important, if not more than a risk fleet. Subs are the future of naval warfare as everybody stocks up on hypersonic missiles that can swarm and hit ships. Next gen surface fleets are going to stuggle and figure out development of a semi-submersible fleet. Though I am not a naval engineer, I would recommend water tight compartments in the new submersible destroyer (not only at the hull), that close when hit with a missile, so the destroyer does not sink if water gets in when half submerged.

Twelve new subs, better missile defence and new hardware expected in spend

Subs can't be hit directly with missiles. Are susceptible to their own warfare - Anti-submarine warfare.

Subs and sat weapons are the flanks of the new battlefield based on my wargaming. You stock up on forces to fight, defend and attack those flanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom