What's new

Aussies fear threat of war with China

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are just random Australians just like everyone here on this forum. I raised this point couple of months back, about how the aggressive comments by some Chinese netizens on internet forums like this one goes a long way to create more anti-Chinese paranoia.

You just got to take a look at some of the comments made in this thread, to see what am talking about.http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/91948-boost-military-take-china-australian-adviser-3.html.

You don't know how many people read such comments. Am not saying this is the only reason for the growing anti-Chinese paranoia, but it surely adds to it.

These are just random Australians just like everyone here on this forum. I raised this point couple of months back, about how the aggressive comments by some Chinese netizens on internet forums like this one goes a long way to create more anti-Chinese paranoia.

You just got to take a look at some of the comments made in this thread, to see what am talking about.http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/91948-boost-military-take-china-australian-adviser-3.html.

You don't know how many people read such comments. Am not saying this is the only reason for the growing anti-Chinese paranoia, but it surely adds to it.

Yeah, but when Indians and South Koreans do it, people laugh since they know its a joke.

Yeah, but when Indians and South Koreans do it, people laugh since they know its a joke.

Don't get me wrong, am not saying that its just the Chinese who do this. Indians do it too, perhaps even the South Koreans. Thats not how it should be though. Just like you would act responsibly in a an actual forum, specially when you are representing you country, netizens should also act responsibly in virtual forums like this one.

In this age of internet and google, people are taking in lot on unnecessary and irrelevant information. You don't know just who accesses and reads the comments made on this forum. I mean there is always more guests than members viewing threads most of time. I don't see myself as a military enthusiast, yet here i am on this forum. Back in 2009 while looking some information about a mineral project in Pakistan, I came across this website. There are many more like me.

I mean if I was one of those 1000 or so Australians who were surveyed in this particular case, what would my opinion be regarding Chinese threats for Australia, specially after having read comments made by some Chinese guy saying, "Australia doesn't deserve all that mineral resource and land with its tiny population, China should invade Australia:"

Would I as an Australian loose my sleep over such comments, no I wont, but would I see China as a threat when polled in a random survey, most probably yes!

Apologies for my rant.

Well first of all the poll doesn't represent the average Australian. Only 1000 people were surveyed.

Secondly, being concerned about a countries military doesn't mean you are not "friendly"

I don't think the 974,707 thousand Chinese-Australians fear or dislike China.

there is no australian bashing. never.

the truth is the Labor party of australia, a typical loser party, is destroying australia's future.

not everything need to have a reason.

why indians are bashed to death in australia so often? why local australians hate indians?

Australians are some of the weirdest people on the planet. China doesn't have to do anything to freighten them, they do it themselves. They should look up a map sometimes and see how many countries China must get through in order to reach them. Do they even have those over there?

Down_Underverse_map.jpg

lolol i laughed. thats a funny map.

@peaceful

"there is no australian bashing. never."

Posted by peaceful 04-20-2011 06:03 PM

"btw: do you actually believe issues raised by AUS will be seriously considered/reviewed by Chinese? I don't. Let's face it: AUS is a corrupt country in which a metro IC card system took 12 years but still not completed, it is a corrupt country where this stupid woman openly repressed its own citizen Julian Assange when the AFP clearly confirmed the man didn't break any law. Shall we go on? Be honest with yourself, it is just another middle east country which doesn't have a future."

Chinese people are very weird they are afraid of time travel and 1 of them thinks Anglo Saxons are gonna do a holocaust on the chinese and they think Movies are RL.

the chinese have always had Australphobia what else can i say we're just more productive at sport and mining for them.I guess use are afraid of our boxing Kangaroos.Understandable those reddies get 7ft high.

Note:sarcasm

Australia's fears are misplaced. Who controls which islands in the south china sea has nothing to do with Australia. I challenge anyone to produce a a threatening statement that China has issued to Australia.

What seems to be behind Australia's insecurity is that they are uncertain who to leader in Asia is, and so they are uncertain as to who to bandwagon with or who to balance against. And even if China became the leading power of Asia, that means nothing to Australia's security, unless Australia hostilely balances against China's rise.

Australia has good reasons to worry about China.

he Defence Intelligence Organisation (DIO) was the first agency asked by Pezzullo to file a report. According to the Australian, it described China’s military build-up, particularly the development of its naval forces, as a non-threatening “defensive” response to American naval power in the Pacific and judged that Beijing did not have “hegemonic” or “expansionist” ambitions.

Link

One may also read

Maritime security in the South China Sea: regional implications
Link

China's aggressive moves in the South China Seas and claiming all islands and exploration rights has all nations in the region worried.

lolol i laughed. thats a funny map.

@peaceful

"there is no australian bashing. never."

Posted by peaceful 04-20-2011 06:03 PM

"btw: do you actually believe issues raised by AUS will be seriously considered/reviewed by Chinese? I don't. Let's face it: AUS is a corrupt country in which a metro IC card system took 12 years but still not completed, it is a corrupt country where this stupid woman openly repressed its own citizen Julian Assange when the AFP clearly confirmed the man didn't break any law. Shall we go on? Be honest with yourself, it is just another middle east country which doesn't have a future."

Chinese people are very weird they are afraid of time travel and 1 of them thinks Anglo Saxons are gonna do a holocaust on the chinese and they think Movies are RL.

the chinese have always had Australphobia what else can i say we're just more productive at sport and mining for them.

Note:sarcasm

sorry dude, according our Chinese mind:

1. it is always a good deal to import your rocks and gas. because one day you will run out eventually but our funds will not.
2. the only real sport aussie knows is swimming - and it is declining. footy? it is sport for raw meat eating ape.

Indonesia too is worried over China and the Indonesian Natuna island.

not everything need to have a reason.

why indians are bashed to death in australia so often? why local australians hate indians?

Now, that is something to really worry all. After all, this is a thread on Australian worry over China and not on Australians bashing Indians, or is it? So, that is the worry - what is the subject?

Are we forgetting the understanding of the English language?

sorry dude, according our Chinese mind:

1. it is always a good deal to import your rocks and gas. because one day you will run out eventually but our funds will not.
2. the only real sport aussie knows is swimming - and it is declining. footy? it is sport for raw meat eating ape.

Don't represent the opinions of other people.

I agree with point number 1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom