What's new

Aurat March 2020 — Women's March 2020 | Pakistan | Translated

Lincoln

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It's a media compilation, statistics, and an inference-based thread with English translation where needed for international readers and also Pakistani members who can't read Urdu. My purpose for this is to make people more aware, clear doubts, help understand, and also deliver a message.

Aurat March 2020 in Islamabad Attacked by Bearded Men

Firstly. Before I begin anything. I want to share a video in which bearded men attacked the Aurat (Women's) March 2020 in the heart of Pakistan's capital and disrupted peace.
This march was organized with the permission of the federal government, its right was confirmed in the Supreme Court of the country, it was given specific pathway guidelines which would not disrupt traffic and day-to-day business of people, was conducted on Sunday to make sure no businesses are effected. It was a completely peaceful march.

In this video posted by Samaa English, a news channel in Pakistan, you can see bearded people attacking the peaceful march. If you wish to see the worst, open the video and see that majority of the viewers are happy with this, and feel free to read the comments, of which a majority, are calling this a good act, saying that women wanted equality so this is what they get. Most are in Urdu, but I believe Facebook gives the translation option.

Here's one example:
"Sawal.. Ye achanak pathar kahan sy arhy hyn
Jawab. zayda achy musalmanon ki trf sy.."

Translation:
"Question: Where are all of these stones and rocks, all of a sudden, coming from?
Answer: They are coming from the direction of very good Muslims."

No, this comment was not satire. Like I said, open the video and translate the comments. They have the same tone, most. None of these are satire, the only ones satire are the ones saying that they wanted equal rights, so they will get it, meaning deal with it.

Imagine, if these people are throwing rocks at WOMEN of Pakistan in permission-granted, peaceful march in the open, in front of the media and the entire world, then what do these people do at homes, in their neighborhoods, at their workplaces, once in marriages, and so on... and to top that off, all the people promoting this in the comments, which is a majority, then imagine what is happening at the larger scale in Pakistan... does this leave any doubts in the minds of those among us who are privileged?

Demands of Aurat March 2020

1. End Sexual Harassment and Violence

demand1.jpg

2. Just, non discriminatory economic system
demand2.jpg

3. Reproductive Rights

demand3.jpg

4. Environmental Justice

demand4.jpg

5. Urban Access
demand5.jpg

6. Minority Rights

demand6.jpg

7. Political Representation

demand7.jpg

8. Ethical Representation in Media

demand8.jpg

9. Disability Rights

demand9.jpg

Some Statistics

1. Domestic Violence and Marital Rape

In Pakistan, 20% — 30% women face some form of domestic violence during their lifetime.
Sourced from this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2791762/. Marital Rape is not a criminal offense in Pakistan.

Excerpt:
"Results
61% of the cases and 43% of the controls were ever abused by spouse and the frequency of marital rape was 33% in cases and 13% in controls. After adjusting for the effects of other variables in the model, less than 18 years of age at marriage (OR 2.00; 95% CI = 1.07, 3.7), decision for marriage by parents (OR 3.51; 95% CI = 1.67, 7.37), abuse by in laws (OR 4.91; 95% CI = 2.66, 9.06), ≤ 3 hours per day spent with husband (OR 2.33; 95% CI = 1.34, 4.08), frequency of intercourse ≤ 2 times per week (OR 1.85; 95% CI = 1.06, 3.22) and marital rape (OR 3.03; 95% CI = 1.50, 6.11) were associated with depression among women."

2. Sexual Harassment
87% Pakistani university female students are reported to have been harassed cafeterias and classrooms.
Sourced from Ali, F. and Kramar, R. (2014) An Exploratory Study of Sexual Harassment in Pakistani Organizations. Asia Pacific
Journal of Management, 229-249.
Also from Kashif, N.U., Ali, A. and Kelly, T.B. (2013) Perceptions and Practices of Social Behaviors among University Students in Pakistan. Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, 10, 35-45.

3. Underage Marriage
Percentage of women aged 20 to 24 years who were first married or in union before age 18 is 21%.
Sourced from UNICEF SDG Target 5.3.1 global database 2018, based on Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS), Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) and other nationally representative surveys.

4. Honor Killings
Every year, >400 cases of honor killing are reported in Pakistan.
Sourced from https://www.amnestyusa.org/shocking-surge-of-honor-killings-in-pakistan/.

5. Maternity Mortality
According to World Health Organization, 830 women day every day due to pregnancy and childbirth complications.
Sourced from https://www.samaa.tv/living/health/2019/04/why-mothers-are-dying-during-childbirth-in-pakistan/.

Other
Pakistan as of right now ranks 130 in the Gender Inequality Index, and 143 in Global Gender Gap Index.

The Gender Inequality Index is a composite measure reflecting inequality between women and men in three different dimensions: reproductive health (maternal mortality ratio and adolescent birth rate), empowerment (share of parliamentary seats held by women and share of population with at least some secondary education), and labour market participation (labour force participation rate).
Sourced from United Nations Development Programme, Human Development Report 2016.

The Global Gender Gap Index benchmarks national gender gaps on economic, political, education and health criteria.
Sourced from World Economic Forum, the Global Gender Gap Report 2016.

These are a very few statistics I have cited. Just typing Pakistan and some key terms gives you a never ending list of daily media reports, accounts, documentaries, and eye witness articles. There are many, many, many specific incidents, specially of child abuse since the start of this dreaded year.

Placards of Today
Now coming to what is most important to many Pakistani people apparently. What is written on those placards, because real issues are less significant than wordings on these placards. I have translated the Urdu placards.

1.jpg

2. Islam already has given women their rights, but when will Muslims give women their rights? (More Statistics in Pakistan referenced in English as border of placard).
2.0.jpg

2.1.jpg

4. I am your wife, not your punching bag.
2.2.jpg

2.3.jpg

2.4.jpg

2.5.jpg

2.6.jpg

9. Attaining education is obligatory on every man and woman (an Islamic quotation).
2.7.jpg

10. The March is not against men, but against the system.
2.8.jpg

Ran out of media space here, more ahead.

My Comments
To hold something like this, you don't need any Jewish billionaire's funding, all you need is the will, confidence, faith, and unity. All you need to do is step out and march for a day.

This march is against all kinds of discrimination against women and men, and demands equality. Be it elite women who beat their maids or underpay them; be it those pedophiles among relatives who think they can get away abusing minors; be it those rapists in society who try to blackmail women; be it those families which hit and abuse their daughters in the name of honor. It is against it all.
I am happy that despite all the threats, and attempts, Pakistani people who are in the right, are very determined and willed, to never give up their rights. This is perhaps why I hope for a better future, we're a people who have strong will. For those disagree with it, it is still their right to carry out this march under Pakistan's Democratic Law, and to accept debate and such organized, peaceful gatherings, are a part of any civilized society.

@Xeson @That Guy @PakistaniJunior @Vortex @kaevmaan @Taimur Khurram @Zane_K @jamahir @MastanKhan @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

Last edited:
2.jpg

12. Not my dress, your thoughts are small (-minded).
3.jpg

13. (Your Left) Why did you go alone? Why did you go out at night? (Your Right) Why did you go out after preparing yourself so much? What did you wear? (These refer to the ways society blames women when when they're harassed.)
4.0.jpg

14. Nikah (Muslim marriage) mine, conditions will also be mine. Stop cutting clause 17-21. (Some clauses are in the Nikah are deliberately left out although Islamically they're the Woman's rights.)
4.jpg

15. The reason for our march. (Shows the recent victims of rape.)
5.jpg

6.jpg

17. If they ask for Jahez, don't give them your daughter (in marriage), give them Bheek. (Jahez is anything given by the bride such as vestments or furniture which is brought to her husband's house, sometimes families set conditions of Jahez); (Bheek is anything gratuitously given to relieve the poor).
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

20. (This one is in Punjabi) The problem is not with our posters, the problem is with your thoughts.
10.jpg

21. Same Work, Same Pay.
11.jpg

22. I am a Human Being, not your Honour (reference to Honour killing and violence).
12.jpg

23. Our Demand, a Home without Violence (reference to Domestic Violence).
13.jpg

24. If I show patience, I am a coward. If I confront, I am ill mannered. (Reference to Domestic Violence, women are usually expected to show patience in face of of it.)
14.jpg

25. My body, your choice. Are you happy now? (Reference to the upset by men on the slogan "Mera Jism Meri Marzi" which means My Body, My Choice, and was in reference to consent and ending sexual harassment.)
15.jpg

26. Why are you so scared? I am demanding for my rights, not for your search history.
16.jpg

27. -Try to understand the man-; Make the man understand.
17.jpg

18.jpg

29. Shame is not in clothes. It is in your mentality!
19.jpg

30. You suffer while remaining silent, has it changed the world? This world will only change if you speak up.
27.jpg

31. (Your Left to Right) Stop killing in the name of Honour; Give Women education; Honour killing not acceptable.
28.0.jpg

32. Congratulations, it's a girl. (Reference to how in segments of society, mostly lower strata, it is considered sad if a daughter is born instead of a son.)
28.jpg

diff.png

34. My favorite. This picture speaks a lot.
31.jpg

Last edited:
@Alternatiiv Thanks for tagging. Amazing, Great Work, Simply Astounding!!! Now that's the right and beautiful side of Story. Many Thanks and Respects for doing this, wish could express enough.
I don't know how it will be taken or dealt or where this thread goes or shifts but this is a genuine favor.
To the people, I hope all give due credit to good stuff while criticizing the other.
Thanks!!!

Honestly, where's the lie. The entire issue stems from Zia's extreme Islamization policies and Hudood Ordinance, which were, Allah ka Shukr hai, to a large extent replaced by Musharraf's Woman Protection Act in 2004. However, the cultural changes do linger on.

can someone tell me why is it all red? why is red chosen by these people?

are you a batty?

Selective cherry picking once again. Like I said, for Pakistani men, the number one issue is not human rights but the placards. For every one you post, I can post 10 more, because that apparently proves a point.

Red because Communist China is providing funding, happy?

can someone tell me why is it all red? why is red chosen by these people?

are you a batty?

Why am I a batty? Do you actually support Zia's Islamization policies and Hudood Ordinance? Kindly just stay away and go open another thread, don't hijack this one. Thanks.

Selective cherry picking once again. Like I said, for Pakistani men, the number one issue is not human rights but the placards. For every one you post, I can post 10 more, because that apparently proves a point.

Red because Communist China is providing funding, happy?
Why am I a batty? Do you actually support Zia's Islamization policies and Hudood Ordinance? Kindly just stay away and go open another thread, don't hijack this one. Thanks.
I know what you agenda is as because you are a comrade, so its not any surprise to me. Issues aside. Pakistan was created on the Name of Islam! Not for comrades!!

I know what you agenda is as because you are a comrade, so its not any surprise to me. Issues aside. Pakistan was created on the Name of Islam! Not for comrades!!

I am not a communist, lmao. Red, Purple and Pink colors are considered feminine which is why they're mostly used. Associating everything red with communism is funny, maybe my laptop is also communist, also my jacket... wait... Turkey is also communist.

Pakistan was created in the name of Islam, yes, so where are those equal rights for everybody, where every citizen is equal in front of state. More importantly, where's the implementation.

Forget that, Pakistan was created in the name of Islam, but where's your condemnation of the violence against the protest by those na maloom afraad, I wonder who they could be.

No doubt there is some sinister planning and agenda behind all this nonsense.....and it didn't take long for these human rights champions to show their real colors.
I seldom get involved in these arguments but enough is enough.....this is what one of these oppressed aurat did on the streets of Islamabad today.

@Path-Finder Hey , instead of trying to be misogynist, could you try acknowledging the unfair issues that women do have to face?

Our society has issues regarding domestic violence , harrassment and many other unjust acts again women. Instead of trying to nit pick "haramzadis" to get offended at, try to understand why alot of normal women are forced to do these march in the first place. Alot of these young women are asking for rights which Islam itself advocates for.

Remember Zainab?
How am I misogynist? how do these women rep every woman in Pakistan? is every woman in Pakistan a leftist? No.

Rights is one thing but a calculated politically motivated movement is something different.

Are you sure that the rights Islam gives and they these women are asking for are on the same level?

No doubt there is some sinister planning and agenda behind all this nonsense.....and it didn't take long for these human rights champions to show their real colors.
I seldom get involved in these arguments but enough is enough.....this is what one of these oppressed aurat did on the streets of Islamabad today.

Astagfirullah. I do not promote this, and neither is this the objective of the Aurat March, perhaps that is why you can see NO ONE gathered or promoting her.

Like I said, for each selectively cherry picked post, I can throw out here 10 MORE showing the good.

Back
Top Bottom