What's new

Audi Partners With BankIslami, Ready to Enter Pakistani Market

Uchiha Madara

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
German automaker Audi seems serious and is taking aggressive steps to enter the flourishing Pakistan’s automobile market. The company is carrying all the per-requisite steps to setup its business in Pakistan. It recently signed a deal with BankIslami through its importer Premier Systems to introduce its brands in local market.

Premier Systems on the behalf of German automaker has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BankIslami to receive tailor-made financing packages to Audi customers across the country through its flagship product of Islami AutoIjarah.

According to BankIslami officials, the agreement will enable both Audi Pakistan and BankIslami Pakistan to leverage on the inherent strengths of each other’s vast network. This MoU is part of a strategy Audi Pakistan is implementing to offer tailor-made financing solutions for its customers through BankIslami.

Premier Systems (Pvt) Ltd, Audi’s general importer in Pakistan, is called Audi Pakistan and will market itself as the country’s top luxury premium automobile brand.

As we reported earlier, Audi started a feasibility study for the local market and also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Sindh Board of Investment to set up its assembling plant in Pakistan after determining market potential and regulatory regime.

MoU was signed by Muhammad Yasin Khan, Chief Financial Officer, Premier Systems (Pvt) Ltd. and Yasser Abbas, Section Head Auto Ijarah, BankIslami.

The German automotive company will test its popularity of cars through exports of Completely Built-up Units (CBU) in Pakistan in first stage before setting up assembling plant in the second stage depending on the feasibility result.

However, with the new automobile policy coupled with ample room for foreign players in the local market, foreign brands will see bright scope of investment and business in the high-return market of Pakistan.

The entry of new foreign brand will improve the competition in the local market though Audi will be somewhat limited since it will cater to the elite section of society. The company will stick to introducing luxury cars, which have great market owing to the affluent class’s love for driving expensive luxury cars.

Source: http://propakistani.pk/2016/05/09/audi-partners-with-bankislami-ready-to-enter-pakistani-market/

Zabardast news :yahoo::pakistan: but yr i hope VW consider this too because not everyone can afford an Audi :/ VW can offer small affordable vehicles easily which most of the people can afford

Last edited:
The entry of new foreign brand will improve the competition in the local market though Audi will be somewhat limited since it will cater to the elite section of society. The company will stick to introducing luxury cars, which have great market owing to the affluent class’s love for driving expensive luxury cars.

So, nothing to see under 3.5 million PKR :disagree:. I say bad move
The mother organization of Audi, VW should start first targeting middle class. Then afterward Audi should be introduced.
They have not learned the lesson.

The last para is somewhat discouraging. They need to focus on their A1 and A3s models to capture the Pakistani middle class market, instead of catering for the needs of the ultra rich elites.

The last para is somewhat discouraging. They need to focus on their A1 and A3s models to capture the Pakistani middle class market, instead of catering for the needs of the ultra rich elites.
At every stop you do see a 1 or 2 land cruiser which is easily above 150 million PKR which is used by the so called elites so 35 to 65 million PKR car is very much affordable for Upper middle class.

@Arsalan Sir, any comments on this news story apropos our discussion elsewhere on this topic?

At every stop you do see a 1 or 2 land cruiser which is easily above 150 million PKR which is used by the so called elites so 35 to 65 million PKR car is very much affordable for Upper middle class.

Yes i am not doubting the purshase power of the rich elite, but its the middle class who drive suzuki mehran and Kyber, those are the ones who needs better choices. Audi, if they are clever and thinking long term hold on market, can break the back of Suzuki by their A1s and A3 models.

Qasmay but i think because of that scandal VW is not ready to start new investments what do you think?

Audi is part of VW group.

Time to get rid of Suzuki Toyota monoply

Pakistani with same amount of money can buy twice the better car at affordable rates

Nissan is a giant should come to Pakistan

Starters should be around 7 to 9 lac car like alto but better in features etc

Pakistan needs to provide serious sops to auto MNCs to set up plants in Pak,as there is already excess capacity in India and China.Free land,tax discounts for 10 years,free uninterrupted electricity etc

So, nothing to see under 3.5 million PKR :disagree:. I say bad move
The mother organization of Audi, VW should start first targeting middle class. Then afterward Audi should be introduced.
They have not learned the lesson.

Probably same models sold in India, will also find their way in Pak.

150 million? sir g 1 land cruiser cost 200 Million PKR :lol::lol::lol:
avg cost old +new FYI the most popular model i.e ZX costs around 130-180mil PKR (2011-2016)
and i said above 150 million
Idk from where you are buying these overpriced LC's .Looks like my dealer is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom