What's new

Audi Partners With BankIslami, Ready to Enter Pakistani Market

We can wait to see the sales figures for Audi after this new deal to compare with the years past. After all, that is a good measure of success for a car company, right?
It sure is. All we can do is argue right now. I am confident that this will change the sales figures for better. lets see what happens and i hope we will both remember this in 15 16 months time and can have a nice little debate about all this again at that time. :)

It sure is. All we can do is argue right now. I am confident that this will change the sales figures for better. lets see what happens and i hope we will both remember this in 15 16 months time and can have a nice little debate about all this again at that time. :)

Of course discussions go better with data and facts. The market for luxury cars larger than the A3 and A4 is bound to be small, and even 50 more cars to total 100 can be touted as a 100% sales increase. :D

Of course discussions go better with data and facts. The market for luxury cars larger than the A3 and A4 is bound to be small, and even 50 more cars to total 100 can be touted as a 100% sales increase. :D
Surely i wont use this fact to my advantage in our future discussions :P :angel:

LOL, Yes, just like the piddling increase in total sales that came across as a 33% increase? :D
Well that was in thousands,, nearing a hundred thousand mark. I wont call it piddling. Anyway,, i will wait for a few months now so that we have some figures to talk about. Till then, i will keep supporting the new auto policy and the increased activity on this front. Lets hope it turn out good for Pakistan, isn't this what we all want in the end.

The last para is somewhat discouraging. They need to focus on their A1 and A3s models to capture the Pakistani middle class market, instead of catering for the needs of the ultra rich elites.

A1 A3 models are crap...Rs6 R8 A8 are the real deal.

Well that was in thousands,, nearing a hundred thousand mark. I wont call it piddling. Anyway,, i will wait for a few months now so that we have some figures to talk about. Till then, i will keep supporting the new auto policy and the increased activity on this front. Lets hope it turn out good for Pakistan, isn't this what we all want in the end.

Sir, a hundred thousand cars is small compared to the numbers required to make a modern car manufacturing plant to be feasible, hence my use of the term in that comparative sense.

Sir, a hundred thousand cars is small compared to the numbers required to make a modern car manufacturing plant to be feasible, hence my use of the term in that comparative sense.
Well surely the manufacturer know about that too. As i said, we will be in a better position to judge once the feasibility studies are all done. We will also have some data based on the impact of this new deal on the sales. Till then, i will be optimistic as i do feel that this will be a great story for Pakistan. Will help create jobs, contribute to GDP and may well help earn valuable revenue. Most importantly, the local consumers will benefit from all this.

Yeah as if middle class Pakistanis will be driving RS4, RS6 , R8, the black edition so on and so forth. Do you really think Audi will be making these high end products in their plants here in Pakistan to cater for the needs of few? Even in UK middle class drive A1 and A3s and they are not considered as crap, infact they are very well build cars. Considering the amount of Mehran and Khyber seen on the Pakistani roads, from actual business and market point of view, Audi A1 and A3 would be ideally suited to be manufactured in Pakistan, at least as a startup.

Well surely the manufacturer know about that too. As i said, we will be in a better position to judge once the feasibility studies are all done. We will also have some data based on the impact of this new deal on the sales. Till then, i will be optimistic as i do feel that this will be a great story for Pakistan. Will help create jobs, contribute to GDP and may well help earn valuable revenue. Most importantly, the local consumers will benefit from all this.

The impact will be assessable, soon enough. No rush.

150 million? sir g 1 land cruiser cost 200 Million PKR :lol::lol::lol:

Sir, Rs.200 million is equivalent to 20 crore. So, Rs.20 million is 2 crore.

How much is audi A3 in Pakistan? Even the luxury Audi's are well within the range of Pakistani Public as i see so many Luxury prado's at every step in Lahore , Islamabad . We will see more Audi's running once our awaam quits this prado/landcruiser obsession .

Rs.3.8 million or more.

And expensive too. A6 - starts from Rs. 7.5 million, A7- Rs.15.0 million, A8 - Rs.22.5 and R8 - Rs.40 million or more.

Sir, Rs.200 million is equivalent to 20 crore. So, Rs.20 million is 2 crore.

Rs.3.8 million or more.

And expensive too. A6 - starts from Rs. 7.5 million, A7- Rs.15.0 million, A8 - Rs.22.5 and R8 - Rs.40 million or more.

Sorry sorry :D :D Jazbati hogya tha :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_vehicles_per_capita

Both India and Pakistan have 18 vehicles per capita so no difference. I can post 100's of things here where on per capita basis Pakistan is better than India. Do tell me if you want me to post them .

We have Afghanistan beside us which is a huge source of smuggling for every kind of things from Hashish to Cars into Pakistan .

More recent data: http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2015/en/

From country profiles:

India:

0uedvKx.jpg

Pakistan:

S5TQ5b8.jpg

So India has approximately:

- 17.5 times the number of overall vehicles
- 12 times the number of 4 wheel light vehicles (cars, vans etc)
- 21 times the number of 2/3 wheelers (motorbikes, autorickshaws etc.)
- 18 times the number of heavy trucks
- 8.3 times the number of buses

India has roughly 7 times the number of people compared to Pakistan so you can figure out what the above numbers are in relative per capita terms.

As for posting items where Pakistan is ahead in consumption, go ahead by all means. For every 1 you may find, I can find probably 5 or 6 with the reverse.....because overall consumption per capita is much higher in India than Pakistan now:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2016/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=23&pr.y=6&sy=2014&ey=2021&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=564,534&s=PPPPC&grp=0&a=

i.e overall per capita GDP in India is now 28% higher than Pakistan overall and approaching around 50% higher in 2021.

If you account for the fact that investment in India is about 15 percentange points higher in India compared to pakistan (30% to 15% as % of GDP respectively...and assume the rest is consumption to get a ratio of 0.7/0.85 = 0.82 consumption ratio of total GDP between India and Pakistan)....thats overall per capita consumption of 23% higher in 2016 and 41% higher in 2021 in India compared to Pakistan.

More recent data: http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2015/en/

From country profiles:

India:

0uedvKx.jpg

Pakistan:

S5TQ5b8.jpg

So India has approximately:

- 17.5 times the number of overall vehicles
- 12 times the number of 4 wheel light vehicles (cars, vans etc)
- 21 times the number of 2/3 wheelers (motorbikes, autorickshaws etc.)
- 18 times the number of heavy trucks
- 8.3 times the number of buses

India has roughly 7 times the number of people compared to Pakistan so you can figure out what the above numbers are in relative per capita terms.

As for posting items where Pakistan is ahead in consumption, go ahead by all means. For every 1 you may find, I can find probably 5 or 6 with the reverse.....because overall consumption per capita is much higher in India than Pakistan now:

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2016/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=23&pr.y=6&sy=2014&ey=2021&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=564,534&s=PPPPC&grp=0&a=

i.e overall per capita GDP in India is now 28% higher than Pakistan overall and approaching around 50% higher in 2021.

If you account for the fact that investment in India is about 15 percentange points higher in India compared to pakistan (30% to 15% as % of GDP respectively...and assume the rest is consumption to get a ratio of 0.7/0.85 = 0.82 consumption ratio of total GDP between India and Pakistan)....thats overall per capita consumption of 23% higher in 2016 and 41% higher in 2021 in India compared to Pakistan.

I said this earlier and i will say it again India was behind Pakistan in GDP per capita for more than 90 % of its existence maybe 95 % . You didn't pass us till 2008-09 . The Nominal gap is not much We don't have the latest IMF figures for Pakistan regarding that .

As for vehicles per capita i would Prefer to chose to believe in World bank figures rather than some other article . If you knew the amount of illegal cars coming from afghanistan into PK you wouldn't be saying this .
In per capita terms there are hundreds of areas where Pakistan is ahead .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator

You will find alot of Per capita or % where PK is ahead . For starters i will post and you can check the rest too .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.ACSN.UR

Improved Sanitation for urban areas

Pakistan 83 %
India 63 %

Here is some more

Mobile phone users per thousand people :

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Media/Telephones/Mobile-cellular/Per-capita

PK 509.38
India 257.91

Last edited:
I said this earlier and i will say it again India was behind Pakistan in GDP per capita for more than 90 % of its existence maybe 95 % . You didn't pass us till 2008-09 . The Nominal gap is not much We don't have the latest IMF figures for Pakistan regarding that .

As for vehicles per capita i would Prefer to chose to believe in World bank figures rather than some other article . If you knew the amount of illegal cars coming from afghanistan into PK you wouldn't be saying this .
In per capita terms there are hundreds of areas where Pakistan is ahead .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator

You will find alot of Per capita or % where PK is ahead . For starters i will post and you can check the rest too .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.ACSN.UR

Improved Sanitation for urban areas

Pakistan 83 %
India 63 %

Overall development India has always been ahead (look at HDI history and today). Now more and more things that India was behind in, India is pulling ahead because of its economic growth kicking in and reaching its bottom rungs. The trend is becoming more and more one sided as Pakistan's growth stalls and its investment stays low at 15% of GDP.

But there are plenty of India vs Pakistan development threads already so you are welcome to open another one if you want to do a full comparison sector by sector. Tag me there if you open one. I don't think we should stray off topic here on this thread any more since Pakistan finally seems to be getting some opening in a new competitor to its local car production, and people are more keen to discuss that.

Back
Top Bottom