What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is our response as a nation of 180 million? where is our response as a seventh leading military power in the world? Where is our response as a nuclear state?
Listen fellow citizens, unless we as a nation make a systematic response against any untoward action, this will happen again and again.

Where is our response as a nation of 180 million? where is our response as a seventh leading military power in the world? Where is our response as a nuclear state?
Listen fellow citizens, unless we as a nation make a systematic response against any untoward action, this will happen again and again.

Neutral claims/reports/articles to verify this please (bold part). I am pretty curious.

To target specific area of the base to me means one of the two things

1. Inside info, which is highly unlikely
2. Satellite imagery info and guidance, which is highly likely

I stress point 2 because this TTP is not a rag tag terror group. it is being supported, trained and resourced from across the border. Their attacks help the western narrative on Pakistan.

Read my above post with the report on link below to know what i mean. even if the air base may not be remotely linked to nuclear program, it will be reported as such. This is how the perception is so masterfully manipulated. This is an art which we are not even aware of.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/w...-nuclear-ties-is-attacked.html?_r=1&ref=world

KARACHI, Pakistan — Suspected Islamist militants early on Thursday attacked a major Pakistani Air Force base where some of the country’s nuclear weapons are thought to be stored, setting off a heavy gun battle in which eight attackers and one security official were killed.

The attack on the Minhas air force base in Kamra, 25 miles northwest of the capital, Islamabad, was a stark reminder of the militants’ determination to attack Pakistan’s most sensitive installations despite ongoing military operations in their tribal hide-outs.

The sprawling air base, in the Attock district of Punjab, is believed to be one of the locations where elements of Pakistan’s nuclear stockpile, estimated to include at least 100 warheads, is stored. It is also home to a variety of warplanes, including American-built F-16s, and contains a factory that makes JF-17 fighter jets in conjunction with China.

The assault came amid mounting speculation that Pakistan’s military was preparing to carry out an operation in the militant stronghold of North Waziristan, in the tribal belt — a longstanding demand of the United States.

Security official said the gunmen, who were armed with automatic weapons and grenade launchers, and had explosives strapped to their bodies, attacked Minhas at about 2 a.m. A two-hour battle with soldiers stationed on the base resulted in damage to an aircraft hangar and one warplane stationed inside, the officials said.

An air force spokesman said the base commander, Air Commodore Muhammad Azam, was wounded in the shoulder during the fight.

Militants have attacked Kamra three times before — in 2007, when a suicide bomber hit a bus near the entrance to the Minhas air base; in 2008, when militants fired several rockets into the base; and in 2009, when a suicide bomber riding a bicycle blew himself up on an approach road.

The latest assault resembled a May 2011 assault on a military base in Karachi in which at least two American-built surveillance aircraft were destroyed and 10 people were killed.

The episode on Thursday was not entirely unexpected. On Aug. 10, the daily Express Tribune, quoting intelligence officials, reported that the Pakistani Taliban were planning to attack an air force base near Lahore before Id al-Fitr, the Islamic festival that marks the end of Ramadan and that is expected to fall around Monday this year.

Arif Rafiq, an adjunct scholar at the Middle East Institute in Washington, noted that the attack coincided with the speculation about a military operation in North Waziristan.

“The Taliban are telling Pakistan’s leadership, ‘If you hit us here, we’ll hit you everywhere,’ ” he said.

Pictures of Terrorists .

In pictures they were showing Il-76 in PAF colour scheme, but couldn't make out if it was damaged or not.

thats right

the PAF will definitely play down its loss.
the best we can hope is that the aeroplane is repairable and stay's operational. otherwise terrorists succeeded.
its a psychological and misinformation war as well

e.g. they are claiming to destroy 3 JF-17s which is just impossible because they were engaged right away from the start and only once they got a chance to fire an RGP that exploded near a plane which some say is Saab AWACs and some give other names.

be sure about one thing. the truth will eventually come out. if there are any more losses they would come out soon enough. the media will stay on this story for months like a hawk. but if the damage to PAF aircrafts was only superficial then the story will die out.

if you ask my opinion, I would say that the attack has damaged the AWACs sufficient enough to bring its airworthiness and operation under question. And it will be painfully checked repaired and checked and checked and checked again to ensure its fixed.
the attack itself is a big shock. dont forget the loss of a security personnel.
anyone on front line sentry duty is a first and likely target

I seriously think court martial proceedings should be initiated against the PAF officers responsible for this breach! Navy had court martialed the PNS Mehran Base Commander, PAF should do the same! No Exceptions or Compromises!

yar pehly kafi tension hai tu yeh apny takoslay bad main pury kar lena

No offence brother, but did I do something wrong? Am sorry if I did. Heard it first time so asked for source.

I know the situation in my brother country is tense :(

So which aircraft got destroyed? I hope it's not JF-17, that aircraft in PAF is beneficial to India. I hope F-16s or Saab AWACS got destroyed. Is not bothered whether Chinese AWACS is destroyed or not.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:, in this way F-16s are also very beneficial to india

Pakistan is perhaps the only country in the world that lets anti-state groups thrive in its territory. It lets them have spokesmen. it lets them access to media. It allows them to make very powerful ownershipl claims and thier spokesmen are given coverage by our immature and stupid media.

If there was another country, its armies would have moved against these terrorists decisively and would have carried out a brutal assault on their sanctuaries. Its political leadership would have taken people in confidence and the whole nation would have been behind this type of operation.

But not Pakistan! This country has no political leadership but political mafia. Its people still support family based political mafias. Its military because it has no political backing, is tentative and half committed to this cause.

Pakistan has only two options and they are not mutually exclusive.

1. Get out of this war on terror. This war is only an excuse for US and the gang of countries to stay in this region. This will also take away the excuse for terrorists to attack Pakistani state and people.
2. Carry out a decisive, brutal and no holds barred action against TTP.

Guys I see you going hyper over nukes getting stolen. Just chill nothing of that sort is happening. The nukes are not in assembled state and they security is not as week as you think. It is one thing to randomly spray bullets and another thing to steel the nukes.

So take a chill pill and yes nytimes exaggerated it.

the attackers look afghani to me

lol?

same idiot who has allowed the merge of cities and towns with cantts. it is inevitable, as the unplanned population grows it gets nearer to bases and installations. even if you rule out the corruption and mismanagement, its inevitable, unless an entire base is moved out in the wilderness

You know back in the British times all these Cantonements were out of the cities. If you compare US bases (the major ones) they are deep in the middle of nowhere.

All these places were once free from local population mess, so definitely some higher up planner(s) have dropped the ball. Half the security is in the fact to not let the enemy get close.

Once the enemy is close, even a Kamikaze assault would prove to be beneficial.

Look at GHQ, Bhuttay wala rairi laga ke khara hota hai saamne.

I think the bases are in the right/strategic places. The population areas should be emptied out and bought by the PAF. Form some sort of a no go area defined by a minimum radius which can be defended by the DSG.

Guys I see you going hyper over nukes getting stolen. Just chill nothing of that sort is happening. The nukes are not in assembled state and they security is not as week as you think. It is one thing to randomly spray bullets and another thing to steel the nukes.

So take a chill pill and yes nytimes exaggerated it.

Are you high on something? Who is discussing nukes? It has been established very well that it was suspected but there were never any Nukes. Though I do agree that stealing Nukes is not a child's play and only someone as epic as Crime Master Go Go might be able to achieve that and he is Indian :P

So which aircraft got destroyed? I hope it's not JF-17, that aircraft in PAF is beneficial to India. I hope F-16s or Saab AWACS got destroyed. Is not bothered whether Chinese AWACS is destroyed or not.

No Air crafts got destroyed. Sorry

351586a9b6c5h3ry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom