What's new

Attack on PAF Base Minhas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are I both know there are ways.. Lead boxes.. Multiple teams.. One thing terrorists are best at is finding unorthodox and unprecedented ways of achieving impossible looking audacious tasks.. Who could have thought of using civilian airlines as missiles before 9/11

Your regular lead box wont cut it, see it's weapons grade Uranium we are discussing here. First thing first, it's impossible to get to, our nuclear assets are not based on airbases or cantonments rather they are independent. Secondly, this material even when in lead lined containers and rooms is dealt with by people outside in full radiation suits. Even then there are elevated instances of cancer sufferers among nuclear scientists. Like I said before, the terrorists will be dead before they even get it to their vehicle.

Attack on NW will not mean end of terror it means prepare for thousands more dead , millions in property damage , many soldiers killed , and an unstopable spree of suicide attacks. It also means , millions of new IDPs stackes up on already existing largest IDP population on the planet !

I understand that NW operation has earned value among many in Pakistan , buy my own naiev logic tells to 'spray the bottom of the fire' and declare exit from this war !

Your regular lead box wont cut it, see it's weapons grade Uranium we are discussing here. First thing first, it's impossible to get to, our nuclear assets are not based on airbases or cantonments rather they are independent. Secondly, this material even when in lead lined containers and rooms is dealt with by people outside in full radiation suits. Even then there are elevated instances of cancer sufferers among nuclear scientists. Like I said before, the terrorists will be dead before they even get it to their vehicle.

While I will not debate the 1st aspect of your post (stealing the material) due to obvious sensitivities and there not being any sure shot way of proving either view point, the later aspect can surely be discussed. Simply put, the weapons grade nuclear material is transported in real life. If it can be transported by military, it surely can be transported by terrorists.. The availability of resources to these terrorists is no longer a question. They today have access to virtually every equipment available to a normal 3rd world country's army

Attack on NW will not mean end of terror it means prepare for thousands more dead , millions in property damage , many soldiers killed , and an unstopable spree of suicide attacks. It also means , millions of new IDPs stackes up on already existing largest IDP population on the planet !

I understand that NW operation has earned value among many in Pakistan , buy my own naiev logic tells to 'spray the bottom of the fire' and declare exit from this war !

NWA Op will represent the fall of the last bastion of the TTP in Pakistan, it will mean the end of attacks in Pakistan. We may have to deal with elevated number of terrorist incidents in the first few weeks but if I lived over half a decade like this, another few months won't deter me from a promise of a brighter tomorrow.
Even if we do take your advice and pull out, do you think that the TTP will stop attacking us and go to their respective homes? Is that what they did when we agreed to their demands and relinquished control of NWA to them in the first place? Or did they make good on their promise after we left Swat to their mercy? The only talib I trust is a dead one, even then I'd shoot them again to make sure.

While I will not debate the 1st aspect of your post (stealing the material) due to obvious sensitivities and there not being any sure shot way of proving either view point, the later aspect can surely be discussed. Simply put, the weapons grade nuclear material is transported in real life. If it can be transported by military, it surely can be transported by terrorists.. The availability of resources to these terrorists is no longer a question. They today have access to virtually every equipment available to a normal 3rd world country's army

Agreed, the military does transport weapons grade uranium and plutonium but the material is housed in special casings that are custom made for this specific purpose. These casings cannot be bought over the black market but are rather manufactured by the country that has weapons grade nuclear material. Even if the Taliban find one, it can't be opened simply by popping the lid out, they can't cut through it either.

Well I believe the way to end this war is to win people's hearts. How this is possible is by providing education and employment opportunities. Another thing i've mentioned previously is that the Afghan-Pak border needs to be fenced. In other words, we need to secure our position so we could avoid foreign spy games, and any other terrorism related activities

NWA Op will represent the fall of the last bastion of the TTP in Pakistan, it will mean the end of attacks in Pakistan. We may have to deal with elevated number of terrorist incidents in the first few weeks but if I lived over half a decade like this, another few months won't deter me from a promise of a brighter tomorrow.
Even if we do take your advice and pull out, do you think that the TTP will stop attacking us and go to their respective homes? Is that what they did when we agreed to their demands and relinquished control of NWA to them in the first place? Or did they make good on their promise after we left Swat to their mercy? The only talib I trust is a dead one, even then I'd shoot them again to make sure.

Agreed, the military does transport weapons grade uranium and plutonium but the material is housed in special casings that are custom made for this specific purpose. These casings cannot be bought over the black market but are rather manufactured by the country that has weapons grade nuclear material. Even if the Taliban find one, it can't be opened simply by popping the lid out, they can't cut through it either.

If it was the Last bastion of the TTP alone , Pakistan would have entered there long ago, The problem it houses various other networks such as Haqqani, Mullah Nazir, Hafiz gul bahadhur and uzbek miliants and Arabs. Pakistan concern is Haqqani network and Mullah nazir faction, I have not added hafiz gul bahadhur faction because he is already in the fence, The aim of pakistan army would be to flush out TTP militants without distrubing haqqani and mullah nazir factions.

then why geodost is showing this?

Dude we have a Mad Dog media, as i said elsewhere, few months earlier, some dry grass far away from any facility, caught fire in the same complex and obviously some smoke was seen rising out of it.....next day, Express carried the story, claiming several million worth of damage due to a fire in the Mirage Rebuild Factory...... which was totally false reporting.

If it was the Last bastion of the TTP alone , Pakistan would have entered there long ago, The problem it houses various other networks such as Haqqani, Mullah Nazir, Hafiz gul bahadhur and uzbek miliants and Arabs. Pakistan concern is Haqqani network and Mullah nazir faction, I have not added hafiz gul bahadhur faction because he is already in the fence, The aim of pakistan army would be to flush out TTP militants without distrubing haqqani and mullah nazir factions.

That is impossible, the moment we enter NWA, the situation will become clear. I think that we'll have to fight everybody but I would love to be proven wrong and see Haqqanis and Afghan Taliban just leave the area rather than put up a fight against us because that would make our job all the more difficult. We cannot operate without disturbing them because it's impossible to remove the mango from a mango milkshake. NWA is a huge mango milkshake with all the ingredients so well mixed that they can't be separated from one another.

PAF Ilyushin Il-78MP Midas MRTT (serial# R09-001) departing from PAF Base Minhas, Kamra, after the end of operation against terrorists on August 16, 2012.

r09-001.jpg

This aircraft was flown to Chaklala.

Without any detonators, the best they can do is introduce the fissile material to cause local contamination. In which case the terrorist themselves will be dead within 3 minutes of coming into contact with fissile material. The concept of the dirty bomb has been rebuked by many nuclear diplomatists. It's impossible.

hence the name suicide bomber

But isnt this the aircraft that was in the open.. Then it leads to an assumption that it was not this aircraft that was damaged...

what story

This aircraft was in the open parking spot, not hangar.

kamra_aug16n.jpg
This is the parked aircraft.

These aircraft are all accounted for. It is the Saab which is doubtful.

There is much more going on outside media eyes.

A pattern has emerged in terrorist attacks on Pakistani forces...

October 2009 GHQ attack (Attack on Pakistan Army)
May 2011 PNS Mehran attack (Attack on Pakistan Navy)
August 2012 PAF Kamra Minhas attack (Attack on PAF)

Thats all three forces dealt with....

Hi Nabil...

RPG has an effective range of 200 meters and some aircraft hangers are within that range from the rear Boundary wall .. It is Plausible that terrorist RPG did hit the aircraft hanger...

Although all of us wish that SAAB AWACS are safe....
Even if they hit the hanger...aren't they hardened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom