What's new

At least 10 dead in Paris shooting

Very sad news. My thoughts go out to the French people.

Apparently one of these scum had already served 18 months in prison on terrorism related charges. Why was he even in the country?

fukin' jihadi scum strike again

Yesterday there was article that France aircraft carrier is going to be deployed in Middle east for its operations in Iraq and today this event has took place. Seems work of some sleeper cells.

France is a multi religious country and there are French citizens from Maghreb who are living there since generations.

I hope media in other countries show solidarity and republish the offensive cartoon. Freedom of speech is too precious and special case should not be made for any religion including islam.

Folks a polite notice, please stay on topic. No more theological debates please.
I understand that this forum tries to avoid such topics but with the amount of Muslims/Islam-related incidents happening nowadays :tsk:, it's practically impossible to avoid theological debates. We're going to end up needing a new forum for it - Islam Defence Forum.

I hope media in other countries show solidarity and republish the offensive cartoon. Freedom of speech is too precious and special case should not be made for any religion including islam.

You even admit that the cartoon is offensive. Yet, you suggest to publish it to hurt the feelings of so many people. This is exactly what's wrong on both sides. Each side wants to impose itself onto others. There truly is no difference between the philosophy of terrorists and so-called freedom of speech lovers. Both are extremists to the core and only want to prove their righteousness and might.

Apparently two of these filth are brothers.

There are rumours of some arrests which, if true, would be very unfortunate..I would prefer them to be gunned down on the spot, ideally with a single shot to the head..

You even admit that the cartoon is offensive. Yet, publish it to hurt the feelings of so many people. There truly is no difference between the philosophy of terrorists and so-called freedom of speech lovers. Both are extremists to the core and want to only prove their right.
its upto you decide which side you are.. you can create false equivalence narrative and paint yourself as victim..
I am not even going to argue why it is wrong...
Right to offend surely is a precious right in western tradition, the magazine that published has glorious past of trying to offend everybody starting from kings and aristrocrats..
and such precious right cannot be curtailed because somebody though its as bad as killing people.

its upto you decide which side you are.. you can create false equivalence narrative and paint yourself as victim..
I am not even going to argue why it is wrong...
Right to offend surely is a precious right in western tradition, the magazine that published has glorious past of trying to offend everybody starting from kings and aristrocrats..
and such precious right cannot be curtailed because somebody though its as bad as killing people.

You mean the right offend one certain religion and people belonging to a certain culture? That happened to Jews too not so very long ago. You know people just accepted it. Even when Right now, you only like to make exceptions because your religion or culture isn't ridiculed. Once that happens you too will act like a victim.

There's nothing precious or just about ridiculing people belonging to a certain faith or culture. It's bullying and disrespectful. Neither is killing innocent people a way to redemption. Stop making exceptions and call a spade a spade. Wrong is wrong.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom