What's new

At least 10 dead in Paris shooting

You even admit that the cartoon is offensive. Yet, you suggest to publish it to hurt the feelings of so many people. This is exactly what's wrong on both sides. Each side wants to impose itself onto others. There truly is no difference between the philosophy of terrorists and so-called freedom of speech lovers. Both are extremists to the core and only want to prove their righteousness and might.

Ascribe it to ungrammatical language. There is a difference between offending and offensive.

Having added such great value to the post, may I go on to suggest that it is a natural response of any section of people shocked by such an attempt at intimidation to go and do that precise that they see as being the target of intimidation.

What else should be expected? People will definitely try to show that they will not be moved from their position by terrorism. That is the precisely selected point of resistance to terrorism. Shouldn't we be sympathetic to such efforts? Instead of looking at it as one more provocation?

May I also point out that we are all too quick to be offended? Sometimes I feel like screaming at everybody who gets offended.

Apparently one of these scum had already served 18 months in prison on terrorism related charges. Why was he even in the country?
why was he released from jail and not monitored and allowed to get automatic weapons it is like letting a murderer go free on the roads idiocy
but on topic sad unjustifiable actions
Right to offend surely is a precious right in western tradition, the magazine that published has glorious past of trying to offend everybody starting from kings and aristrocrats..
it should be kept in limits i am in no way saying what happened in any way was justified but off topic satire should not be targeted at such sensitive issues we call ourselves a mature society and mature societies should care for other people's sensitivities

The RAID is actually intervening in Reims,they (the terrorists) could be there.

There are rumours of some arrests which, if true, would be very unfortunate..I would prefer them to be gunned down on the spot, ideally with a single shot to the head..

I disagree.

A trial is necessary, judicial measures and the rule of law are the features of a democracy that terrorists hate most and seek to destroy first, they must themselves be subjected to these two hated features of a democracy.

Not going to help at all.

Shows a religion in poor light.

Come on....we are just trying to be too much of naive to think no one understand the basic nature of intolerance and in humanity associated with certain section of the people...

"[...] la carte d'identité retrouvée par les enquêteurs dans la Citroën C3 abandonnée dans leur fuite près de la Porte de Pantin"

lepoint.fr /societe/attentat-a-charlie-hebdo-les-trois-suspects-auraient-ete-identifies-07-01-2015-1894787_23.php

its upto you decide which side you are.. you can create false equivalence narrative and paint yourself as victim..
I am not even going to argue why it is wrong...
Right to offend surely is a precious right in western tradition, the magazine that published has glorious past of trying to offend everybody starting from kings and aristrocrats..
and such precious right cannot be curtailed because somebody though its as bad as killing people.

Again, very badly phrased; there is really no need to ruffle people unnecessarily.

There is in fact no right to offend; there is a right to free speech, even if such free speech should unfortunately be offensive to some individual or group. The magazine could not possibly have set out to offend; it might, on the other hand, definitely have set out to goad, to satirise, to poke fun at certain groups or individuals. That is not the same as setting out to offend, surely we all understand this.

I agree. We should change the word islamophobia to muslimphobia.
I am not a fan of islam, to put it extremely mildly, but would never think of saying anying against muslims as such... a billion plus people with diverse culture, food and way of life. Its perfectly possible to hate islam and like muslims.. just like I hate conservativism but love boris :pop:

3044983-carteidentite-jpg_2650787.JPG

Identity card of one of the terrorist.

ahh , perfect !

yet another wahhabite bastard killing others and causing terror in the name of islam . wonder how they are serving their religion ? dumb fvcks ....

and although painful , but we have our own problems back in ME .

the govt. of france should be held responsible for supporting the same bastards in syria @Syrian Lion .

you don't get to poke the bear .

RIP to the innocents dead
sadly the innocent people are paying the price of French government support to terrorists in Syria and other places... This is all the fault of the French government by supporting terrorism...

RIP to the innocents who died world wide because of the western government support to terrorism.

I agree. We should change the word islamophobia to muslimphobia.
I am not a fan of islam, to put it extremely mildly, but would never think of saying anying against muslims as such... a billion plus people with diverse culture, food and way of life. Its perfectly possible to hate islam and like muslims.. just like I hate conservativism but love boris :pop:

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

why was he released from jail and not monitored and allowed to get automatic weapons it is like letting a murderer go free on the roads idiocy
but on topic sad unjustifiable actions

it should be kept in limits i am in no way saying what happened in any way was justified but off topic satire should not be targeted at such sensitive issues we call ourselves a mature society and mature societies should care for other people's sensitivities
a mature society does not tip toe around 'sensitive' topic... it understand that most of the public know how to receive an offensive satire...
unfortunately.. not everybody is upto speed with western tradition.. which results in terrible consequence. The response to it is not stop or chance western tradition which never shied away from criticizing their own religion btw, but 'educate' people who are new...
I think the education is going to be slightly painful for the new students, but it will be worth the price.

Ascribe it to ungrammatical language. There is a difference between offending and offensive.

Having added such great value to the post, may I go on to suggest that it is a natural response of any section of people shocked by such an attempt at intimidation to go and do that precise that they see as being the target of intimidation.

What else should be expected? People will definitely try to show that they will not be moved from their position by terrorism. That is the precisely selected point of resistance to terrorism. Shouldn't we be sympathetic to such efforts? Instead of looking at it as one more provocation?

May I also point out that we are all too quick to be offended? Sometimes I feel like screaming at everybody who gets offended.

Who cares what the difference is? Both are repulsive.

No one is suggesting that killing people is justified. Islam prescribes the killing of one innocent being as the killing of entire humanity. I don't need to go any further.

I fail to understand how ridiculing and offending a religion/culture can be meaningful and helpful in any way? It's only provocative. Nothing can justify it. Not even freedom of speech.

What should be expected is lesser confrontation and hate against one another. What should be expected is no killing of innocent people. What should be expected is more tolerance and understanding of each other. Wish for others what you wish for yourself. Don't be egoistic.

When your religion/culture is equated with absurd accusations you will scream and protest. Be assured. Right now you're not in the shoes of someone who feels abused and ridiculed. Perhaps it's time to show more solidarity instead of being divisive. It's always very easy to be judgmental and point with fingers. I know, it takes guts to admit wrongdoing. I don't expect it from the terrorists. I don't expect it from so-called freedom of speech "lovers".

Last edited:
News related:

news.yahoo /france-deploy-aircraft-carrier-gulf-fight-170259457.html

France to deploy aircraft carrier to Gulf in IS fight: report
January 6, 2015 12:31 PM

Paris (AFP) - The French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle and its fleet will be deployed to the Gulf to support operations against the Islamic State group, a military news site reported on Tuesday.

a mature society does not tip toe around 'sensitive' topic... it understand that most of the public know how to receive an offensive satire...
it is called respect not tip toeing.. I always talk on PDF with respect and try not to insult anyone and the reason is you get back what you put out in the world. The growing Islamophobia is used as an example by the very same recruiters who get people to commit these horrible attacks. They show the people that the west does not care for your feelings and use the emotions of people... why give them ammo
what was done was totally wrong and it has no justification but we need to try and respect other faiths so radicals can not use things like these...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom