What's new

Assad forces kill a Saudi and Free Army takes family to Jordan

Assad will go down he is killing too many innocent people his own and outside. He is a dictator and only democracy is the way forward.

Define dictatorship SIMPLETON. You have probably never been to KSA so you don't know what you are talking about. The vast majority of the people support our government and we are living better lives than 99 percent of all Arabs anywhere else. Our government are doing more for us than any other together with the other countries in the Arabian Gulf. We are the country that receives more Muslim immigrants from elsewhere than any other Muslim country. This alone speaks volume.

Being governed by Islam is already democracy for us and we support that. If foreigners don't like it they are not forced to visit as I and many others have written earlier.

Thank you for giving me attention buddy. I never support dictatorship leadership. In short, i used to think, how dictators survive. It finally dawned on me, they depended upon feeding upon lies to the people.
In regarding to Syria, this context can be applicable. And yes, Syria depends on Russia China support. And it was not in a position to retaliate, when Israel conducted an air raid. Its weak now.
And people are getting killed, both by the army and the rebels.
So my question is buddy, what is the Syrian people wants? Or what the international community like us expect in Syria>?
U would mention Assad must give up power. Yes, I second that. But he would again form a party and run for elections. Even if he seeks asylum in another nation, his supporters would form a party. And elections must take place under UN supervision. And if his supporters returns to power, Assad might well as return to Syria. The international community can do nothing about it.
And FSA or any opposition after elections still might refuse to accept Assad.
Well again, strife may start. Its a confusing state it is in.
Look , We can't decide the future of Assad , Syrians are already showing their hatred on Iranians and against Al-Assad like we have seen the shoe throwing incident in Egypt . 5,000 civilians a day are now fleeing for war , Now when any ignorant person says that it just a western propaganda then you naturally get annoyed by them . I believe in Co-existance , Syria is for Syrian lion and for The free Syrian , but current war have already changed many things . We both belongs to diverse countries and know the grief of division . I'm afraid but may be the last option could be the division that what west may be want , that what they are waiting for . Its just a opinion , and I think in that way because north eastern areas are Alawite majority region while rest of Syria is Sunni majority . In this uncertain conditions I don't think majority will let Assad to go alive. Perhaps Islamist groups are full of spirit but Hard to control , Over all they are headache for us.

What is so hard about understanding that?

Again this "You have probably never been to KSA".
Look, you have never been to Syria, I have and you still talk about Syria all day.
You have never been to Iraq, I have.

Even if your gov gives all of you 500 million USD, it is still a dictatorship.
Islam? our salafi brothers think different about that, they are not so positive towards Saudi arabia.

The democracy index defines what democracy is and what dictatorship is, Iraq is not a perfect democracy, its not as close as the european democracy, but it is not as authoritarian as Saudi arabia, Iran.

Actually Tyranny is a better description -- It's not just an absolute Monarchy, its also a religious tyranny - now not all religious notions are tyranny, when a police authority has to be used to coerce people into a particular religious ideology, well, that's certainly a tyranny, by any measure. Some apologists argue that the subject of the house of Saud are very pleased to be following the precepts set by a clerical order, but then the question arises as to why then is a unique Police authority required to ENFORCE those religious precepts?

Similarly, when subjects have no say in their own governance and absolutely no say in the affairs of what is called a RULING FAMILY, it's impossible to say that such a society is one in which notions of freedom for others have credibility, after all, should these societies be free themselves to then be seen as legitimately concerned about the freedoms of others?

Were the governments and societies of US clients on the Arabian peninsula and Persian Gulf, by any measure, amongst those for whom individual liberty was a societal value, these questions about the reationship between these tyrannies and terrorism, would be moot, however, that's not the case, unfortunately.

So why is it terrorism in Bahrain? And why is it terrorism in Arabia?
As far as Arabia is concerned , then protesters needs to breed more as they don't make majority in Saudia Arabia . plus Bahrain is already resolving it from dialogue.

It's like arguing with a duck. We are a fully democratic society in a Islamic sense of the word since we are governed by Islam and since most people agree and support that and moreover are happy and satisfied with our leaders. This does NOT mean that everything is perfect and that changes will not happen because they will like they have taken place in the last 50 years.

I have been to Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. We Saudis can afford to travel - you know. I have travelled quite a lot so thank you very much.

So yeah, you just admitted that you have no idea about the society but how can you not even visiting or understanding it in the first place. What do you call such people. It starts with a I.

As far as Arabia is concerned , then protesters needs to breed more as they don't make majority in Saudia Arabia . plus Bahrain is already resolving it from dialogue.

Thank you for that majoritarian understanding of liberty - it is obvious that those who are themselves alienated from liberty other any in the notion of tyranny of the majority, cannot expected to afford liberty for others.

Assad is no democrat and Syria is no democracy, however the standing of the house of Saud and Qatar is itself so suspect and their relationship to Wahabi terrorism, so intimate, that people may be forgiven for their lack of trust in the House of Saud and Qatar.

Let me explain some simple things. Saudi Arabia is the land of the Arabs and citizens of that country today (Saudis). We make our own rules and have our own culture. If people do not like that they are free not to visit. We will change gradually when the people will be ready. Foreigners have no idea how much our society has changed in the last 50 years for both the better and the worse. It is a gradual process. We are proud and ancient people (people who study the history of the Arabian Peninsula will know this) who are mainly conservative to this day and we adhere to Islam which is our main guidance of life. But this does not prevent us from modernizing or reaching the same level of technology and science as others. In the past our Arab world was far ahead of Europe. Today - due to many factors the Muslims lands are a bit behind but we are moving at a very high speed. I can say that I am proud of this and when I hear ignorants I just ignore them mainly but sometimes it's hard.

Democracy/progress for us is not opening brothels, discos left and right, same sex-marriages, churches/Jewish temples whatever places of worship next to our holy Islamic land (Makkah and Madinah).

People can worship what they want in their private and in their compounds. Maybe this will change in 100 years but at least I hope that Makkah and Madinah will not turn into a circus.

Also we are not going to India and demanding people to stop worshipping Hindu Gods and other things.

Each country has it's strengths, weaknesses and own culture/religion.

It's really that simple. The constant propaganda against Saudi Arabia from some groups/people is getting really tiring and becoming some short of obsession and paranoia. Let us deal with the problems we have on our own first since change comes from within and let us advance at our speed and on our terms not terms imposed by us by foreigners.

Most Saudis actually want Islam to play a leading role in their life. Islam is not Al-Saud's Islam. Nor the Holy Qur'an or the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

Personally I have no problem with living in the US (as I currently do due to studies) but there are probably other people Saudis and non-Saudis who would fell uncomfortable in such a society and prefer there own whatever that might be.

Also Saudi Arabia is a huge country and a diverse country which a big young population and many different ideas and views. Stop generalizing others. There are actually, belief it or not, Saudis who are not Muslims, who do not belief in a God and who do not support the government or rulers and many other things. LIKE IN EVERY SINGLE SOCIETY.

Hope this helps some people understand a few crucial points. If not then I don't know what to do.

I will quote this post and that's it. Not going to bother with more nonsense. I am sure our Pakistani brothers and sisters who live in KSA (many here) can elaborate as well and Saudis. Let the ignorants bark.

You fairytales and other nonsense is getting tiring and very weird.

I will quote this post and that's it. .

You can run...but you can't hide -- The more closed you are to simple examination of positions, the more traumatic the experience will be -- this is just simple conversation - get used to it.

Maybe instead of strong military, the focus should be on responsible and free societies -- only by being genuinely free, freely agreed upon rules base societies, can the diverse peoples and societies of the Middle East, create new glory in the development of knowledge and Ethics and once again be a source of inspiration for many around the world - For this to happen the tyrannies must be allowed to find their way into the dustbin of history, and somewhere along the line, if the people of Syria want it, then Assad or not Assad, it must happen there as well, but Not now and not ever, at the hands of Wahabi mercenaries.

Saudi Arabia is kind of Holy Land for Muslims , But other nation of GCC are also close to Saudi Arabia , why don't they stop any non-believer at their? Plus why do you need any other home land when you have India to live . Eygpt cannot be said a victum , but A democratic country , but the Difference b\w Eygpt\Tunasia and other spring effected countries is that they don't fall into civil war and never anyone have hijacked their country for 40 years and financialized terrorist groups like Qaddafi and Al-assad did . Al-assad is an open supporter of Hezbollah and Shabiha Militia. and qaddafi , then may be this would help you .
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/06/w...or-rebellion-in-mali.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Now just be rational and answer me , If few hundred foriegn fighter corrupted the FSA struggle against regime in your view then Syrian Army is also using Hezbollah , Iraqi militia , Iranian revolutionary Guards against opposition . Why you don't see them on same plane. Just a question.

Well , the I feel ( I might certainly be wrong) that Iran revolutionary guard are a much more honorable force as compared to forces like Al Qaeda and Taliban that support the FSA. Iran revolutionary guard are formal security forces of Iran , just like Indian army or Pakistan army. They are not some rag tag rebels or extremists like Al-Qaeda. As for Hezbollah ,I can`t say much , I don`t know much about them apart from the fact that they fight against Israel. I am surprised that you do not support them. You obviously support them in whatever they do against Israel , but in this case , your tone towards them is different. If Assad indeed has to go , I would any day prefer a swift decisive NATO intervention , rather than arming a bunch of extremist, fundamentalist , uneducated rebels like the FSA who lack any morals whatsoever and rape and kill civilians on a large scale.

Well , the I feel ( I might certainly be wrong) that Iran revolutionary guard are a much more honorable force as compared to forces like Al Qaeda and Taliban that support the FSA. Iran revolutionary guard are formal security forces of Iran , just like Indian army or Pakistan army. They are not some rag tag rebels or extremists like Al-Qaeda. As for Hezbollah ,I can`t say much , I don`t know much about them apart from the fact that they fight against Israel. I am surprised that you do not support them. You obviously support them in whatever they do against Israel , but in this case , your tone towards them is different. If Assad indeed has to go , I would any day prefer a swift decisive NATO intervention , rather than arming a bunch of extremist, fundamentalist , uneducated rebels like the FSA who lack any morals whatsoever and rape and kill civilians on a large scale.

Excuse me Sir but are you comparing INDEPENDENT groups that have no borders/alliances and consists of Western converts, Jewish and what not to a state run paramilitary?

Please read a bit about the Middle East. I can see that a bit reading would not hurt you. No offense. Just a friendly advice.

Struggling for freedom is not terrorism at all , My question is simple . . What Al-assad have given to Syria in his 40-years Regime Period ?
Hama Massacre in 1982? Hama massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
OR Current Syrian Conflict ?
Al-assad is just a strategic asset for Iranians and Hezbollah , He have nothing positive to do for Syrian Citizens but Impose an Imaginary Regime based Constitution. Second , It was completely heroic act from FSA part that He saved a family who have nothing to do with Conflict. I hope you don't support killings of civilians in the name of terrorism , or otherwise bring some solid argument to prove your point . Don't act like a Sectarian Racist that named others wahhabi and killed them just for their regional interest . Is a Price of life that lower for you?

Assad isn't very smart at all and obviously lost legitimacy for his one family iron fisted rule.

But the "free Syrians" aren't Angela and certainly aren't nation builders either. I've seen the videos of them fighting; they're not very disciplined fighters anyways they shoot first then aim later

Only Syrian citizens should be fighting a Syrian fight. I think Turkey and Saudi and the West on one hand and Russia and Iran on the other are making mistakes

Back
Top Bottom