What's new

Ask your question about Iran

In my opinion GOD has updated the religion.

This makes God mortal and fallible.

It makes Him human.

This is a line that Iranians have been conditioned to accept sorry to say.

This is a lovely thread and this is my last post on this subject.

Once again, sorry to all Shia Iranian brothers.

It is forbidden to change your Islamic religion, but who told you it's punishable by death?
Iranians are very moderate in their religions. Number of young people in Iran being Muslims is decreasing.

But in Iran, apostasy is punishable by death. That is the law. I have no doubt that at the people level it is different.

This makes God mortal and fallible.

It makes Him human.

This is a line that Iranians have been conditioned to accept sorry to say.

This is a lovely thread and this is my last post on this subject.

Once again, sorry to all Shia Iranian brothers.
i disagree.anyway we should respect eachothers idea.

I really don't have a clue. Depends on how much leave the adults can manage.

We want to do the main Zoroastrian pilgrimage places of course, but somehow I want thow e kids to see much more of our ancestral land than just what remains of our ancestral religion.

You may think this is sentimental mush, but most Parsis who travel abroad, whenever our flights overpass Iran, we crane our necks to look out of the window, and somehow the names of the cities passing underneath give us a vicarious thrill of somehow being there.

Silly, but that's how I have felt every time I fly to Europe.

For places of religious importance I suggest Bahram atashgah in Rey, chak chak in Yazd, yazd fire temple. For places of historical importance I suggest Takht e Jamshid (Persepolis) near Shiraz. Pasargad. Behistun inscription.

Now of modern Iran the best cities to visit are Tehran, Shiraz, Mashhad (home of Ferdowsi), Tabriz, Ardabil, Esfahan and the Caspian coast as well.

Now I probably missed a lot of things, but if you need any more specific help let me know.

@angeldust
how many day are you going to spend in your travel?

1. Do average Iranians fear of war with west? and can they pressurize the ruling regime to tone down little?

2. Are the sanctions affecting common Iranian people (In Iraq, several thousand children died due to shortage of medicines under sanctions)?

3. Is Iran self sufficient in food and agriculture, asking this because India is thinking of compensating payments of Oil by barter trade of rice/food items and selling of food items.

4. Do the common Iranians understand that India tries its best to follow Independent foreign policy and tries to maintain neutrality between west and east?

5. Do Iranians prefer current regime in afghanistan over taliban regime and why?

No answers to my questions? why?

i believe that Iran has immense potential to grow n stablish itself a very strong player in Asia provided some economic reforms n better integration with world economy take place...

but what do general Iranians think are they happy with what their govt. Is doing or they think that govt need to strive harder for better reforms n world integration could change the face of the nation???

N do Iranians think that after 15-20 years when Iran will be fully developed n prosperous there is a possibility of better Arab n Iran relations or the possibility of conflicts will increase ???:undecided:

1. Do average Iranians fear of war with west? and can they pressurize the ruling regime to tone down little?

2. Are the sanctions affecting common Iranian people (In Iraq, several thousand children died due to shortage of medicines under sanctions)?

3. Is Iran self sufficient in food and agriculture, asking this because India is thinking of compensating payments of Oil by barter trade of rice/food items and selling of food items.

4. Do the common Iranians understand that India tries its best to follow Independent foreign policy and tries to maintain neutrality between west and east?

5. Do Iranians prefer current regime in afghanistan over taliban regime and why?

1) no
2) yes but not that severely
3) getting there. we still rely on outside rice but have increased internal production
4) yeah there is generally good feeling towards India
5) Afghans are our brother people, so we prefer whatever makes them successful and prosperous

Back
Top Bottom