What's new

Ask Israeli Defence Forces member totach7 anything

The Syrian roll in Sep 1970 was amazing

Syrian involvement

On September 18, some 300 Syrian tanks rolled into Jordan. Hussein's army seemed incapable of checking the Syrian drive.

As King Hussein dealt with threats by both Palestinian refugees in his country and Syrian military forces crossing Jordan's border, the king asked "the United States and Great Britain to intervene in the war in Jordan, asking the United States, in fact, to attack Syria, and some transcripts of diplomatic communiques show that Hussein requested Israeli intervention against Syria." Timothy Naftali said. "Syria had invaded Jordan and the Jordanian king, facing what he felt was a military rout, said please help us in any way possible."[11]

A telegram indicates that Hussein himself called a U.S. official at 3 a.m. to ask for American or British help. "Situation deteriorating dangerously following Syrian massive invasion...," the document said. "I request immediate physical intervention both land and air... to safeguard sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of Jordan. Immediate air strikes on invading forces from any quarter plus air cover are imperative."[11]

Israel, which found the move undesirable, performed mock air strikes on the Syrian column at the Americans' request. Possibly alarmed at the prospect of an armed conflict with Israel, Syria's president at the time, Nureddin Atassi, ordered a hasty retreat. Its involvement at the time remained a subject for historical debate. Hafez al-Assad, who was the Syrian defense minister in September 1970, told his biographer, Patrick Seale, that Syria's intention in invading northern Jordan was only to protect the Palestinians from a massacre.

Whatever the case, the swift Syrian withdrawal was a severe blow to Palestinian hopes. Jordanian armored forces steadily pounded their headquarters in Amman, and threatened to break them in other regions of the kingdom as well. The Palestinians agreed to a cease-fire. Hussein and Arafat attended the meeting of leaders of Arab countries in Cairo, where Arafat won a diplomatic victory. On September 27, Hussein was forced to sign an agreement which preserved the right of the Palestinian organizations to operate in Jordan. For Jordan, it was humiliating that the agreement treated both sides to the conflict as equals

I have always wanted to visit Israel, i have a lot of friends who are Israelis and they always show me pictures of Israel. I am always in awe when i see the pictures; such beautiful beaches, beautiful restauraunts and especially very beautiful people :). The only thing i am worried about is that i might not be able to get a visa to visit Israel since i also carry a passport from Pakistan and i am originally from Pakistan. But if i get a chance, i will definitely visit Israel on day.

I have always wanted to visit Israel, i have a lot of friends who are Israelis and they always show me pictures of Israel. I am always in awe when i see the pictures; such beautiful beaches, beautiful restauraunts and especially very beautiful people :). The only thing i am worried about is that i might not be able to get a visa to visit Israel since i also carry a passport from Pakistan and i am originally from Pakistan. But if i get a chance, i will definitely visit Israel on day.

Welcome friend!:welcome:

Not at all. I actually liked it!

Why would you think it is bad?

On our cable TV in Israel we have 2 Indian movie channels can you understand...
so we see movies and hear Indian songs.... and we sale a lotttttttt of Indian incense agrabhati SAI Baba Neg Champa.........
we also have a lot of Indian who work in Israel lately

totach i just saw this 60 minutes documentary I don't hate israel but it made my blood boil plz see this and tell me do u agree with this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have actually done a fair bit of reading on this region and this conflict. Yet, I was not aware of this particular fact. I know King Hussein always wanted to capture Palestine and I guess he even entered a deal with the Israelis for that.

Why on the earth indian history books always have to be different.
Probably, the biggest nonsense I have ever heard.
Please, correct your facts and start buying books out of india.

It was uprising of Palestinians living in Jordqan which was quashed by King Hussain.

Why on the earth indian history books are always have to be different.

They were not Indian books!

Why don't you try to find the facts first? You may be surprised.

They were not Indian books!

Why don't you try to find the facts first? You may be surprised.

Well than support ur claim with some facts. i.e. King Hussain wanted to occupy Palestine and he assigned Israel the task!

Why on the earth indian history books always have to be different.

It was uprising of Palestinians living in Jordqan which was quashed by King Hussain.

Well its not Indian books
I suggest u read O Jerusalem by Larry Collins & Dominique Lappiere.
It is mentioned there, based upon the interviews the authors conducted with Golda Meir, John Glubb (the Cin C of Arab Legion -Jordan's Army during 1948) and other senior officials of Jordan & Israeli administration

Last edited:
totach i just saw this 60 minutes documentary I don't hate israel but it made my blood boil plz see this and tell me do u agree with this ?

8kIUKhL4lWE[/media] - CBS Exposes ISRAEL *new*

Ok I just saw this on the main Israeli tv
this video you show here is cut why? on the original there is the candidate
to Israel prime minister Tzipi LIvni saying what most Israelis say . We will move the Jewish setelments for peace as we did in Gazza.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have peace with most of our Arab Israeli citizens we live 60 years together
if the leaders of both sides could live us alone ....

no Arab Israeli would want to live in Palestinian state way?

we made progress until Hammas brought back the good old dream from 1948
that it is possible to push the Jews to the sea.....
now they split thiere own community in 2

Isn't it true that Israel did not abide by the truce before that was between Hamas and Israel, by occasionally breaking the ceasefire or setting up raids into Palestinian territory?
How about the illegal settlements on Palestinian land? How do you justify that? Doesn't it sound a little logical that Hamas wants to "push Jews into the sea" because they're continuing to occupy even more land?
Hamas had asked Israel to follow the truce between both parties, after Israel didn't comment or listen, they fired their rockets, that is the truth, and in response to that, Israel was made the victim and blamed everything on Hamas, thus getting their excuse yet again to go in full force with the latest technology and gadgets and wreck havoc yet again on alot of innocent Palestinians, sure you got some Hamas militants, but you also destroyed alot of peoples future hopes and dreams.

But hey, why should you care?
Do you think that, after your time is done here, your children or grandchildren will continue to live in "peace"?
With this policy? With Israels military power bolstering and manhunt on Palestinians, do you honestly think Israel will be left alone for the coming centuries?

Well than support ur claim with some facts. i.e. King Hussain wanted to occupy Palestine and he assigned Israel the task!

He did occupy Palestine after the 1947 war. There was no Palestine between 1947 and 1967 when Israel won the areas from Jordan.

Yes, "O Jerusalam" will be a good start for you. Also do some google.

Isn't it true that Israel did not abide by the truce before that was between Hamas and Israel, by occasionally breaking the ceasefire or setting up raids into Palestinian territory?
How about the illegal settlements on Palestinian land? How do you justify that? Doesn't it sound a little logical that Hamas wants to "push Jews into the sea" because they're continuing to occupy even more land?
Hamas had asked Israel to follow the truce between both parties, after Israel didn't comment or listen, they fired their rockets, that is the truth, and in response to that, Israel was made the victim and blamed everything on Hamas, thus getting their excuse yet again to go in full force with the latest technology and gadgets and wreck havoc yet again on alot of innocent Palestinians, sure you got some Hamas militants, but you also destroyed alot of peoples future hopes and dreams.

But hey, why should you care?
Do you think that, after your time is done here, your children or grandchildren will continue to live in "peace"?
With this policy? With Israels military power bolstering and manhunt on Palestinians, do you honestly think Israel will be left alone for the coming centuries?[/QUOTE

you live peacefully in Holland?

Do you think the Dutch would take firing rockets upon them?

an hour ago the Hammas shot 2 stupid rockets on Shederot....

for more then 2000 years our enemies vanished

Back
Top Bottom