What's new

Asia's Prime Fighter PAF F-16

@Windjammer sir which j-10's version is on same level of f-16 blk52 in technology and performance as both jets are of same category(medium weight, multirole)??
No version even comparable. that is why we ditched it.
J-10 vs F-16

chengdu-j10-vs-f-16.jpg

Chengdu J-10 vs F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon
Airplanes rating table
Chengdu J-page0001.jpg

Facts – Chengdu J-10 vs F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon

No significant differences in price of these planes.
F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon is more economical.
Chengdu J-10
is faster.
F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon is better armed.
F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon is better dogfighter.
No significant differences in size of these planes.

J-10 vs F-16

Last edited:
Good thread and nice pics, but its time to move on now and replace this american sanction prone weaponry, with a weapon we can atleast control and produce 100% at home.

Its time to move ahead from a platform that comes with humiliating conditions.
Sir we are still dependent on Russia and China, there is no project at home for jet engine, radar and avionics. And i am quite sure we can produce radar and better avionics but nobody is paying any attention.

As far as i know, the later version of J-10s are not fully operational yet so it's difficult to compare, perhaps someone else can shed light on this. @Oscar @Horus @MastanKhan

However, one thing is certain, our Block-52 incorporate some extra PAF specified gadgets.... specially the ''D'' version.

This is the real beauty and calibre of F-16 with PAF, not many aircraft or airforces can claim or maintain such record, hence the PAF's love for the F-16s.

Pakistani F-16s reach 100,000 accident free flight hours

The J-10s are operational but they are having pretty bad teething issues with the newer versions.
The thread itself is rather vague in premise, but if one was to summarize a single aircraft in Asia that meets the following

1. Highly advanced in terms of onboard systems
2. Highly Manoeuvrable in Air to Air combat
3. Equipped with advanced weaponry
4. Reliable and ready for combat.

Then the only aircraft that gets an aggregate high score in all these categories is the F-16D Block-52+ of Pakistan and Singapore and South Korea. I would have first gone with the F-15SG operated by Singapore or the F-15K but both arent as manoeuvrable in terms of their A2A capability due to being heavier variants of the F-15 even though they offset it easily with their munitions capability. Very close is the Indian upgraded Mirage-2000-5 since those are as deadly as the F-16s in certain respects and if not for my own preference for sustained energy capability rather than instantaneous.. I might have ranked the Mirage 2000 at the top.

Other aircraft such as the J-20 are not operational as of yet, the Su-30MKI and J-11Ds are not reliable at all and so far the Rafale is not going to be in the picture for another 5 years.

The J-10s are operational but they are having pretty bad teething issues with the newer versions.
The thread itself is rather vague in premise, but if one was to summarize a single aircraft in Asia that meets the following

1. Highly advanced in terms of onboard systems
2. Highly Manoeuvrable in Air to Air combat
3. Equipped with advanced weaponry
4. Reliable and ready for combat.

Then the only aircraft that gets an aggregate high score in all these categories is the F-16D Block-52+ of Pakistan and Singapore and South Korea. I would have first gone with the F-15SG operated by Singapore or the F-15K but both arent as manoeuvrable in terms of their A2A capability due to being heavier variants of the F-15 even though they offset it easily with their munitions capability. Very close is the Indian upgraded Mirage-2000-5 since those are as deadly as the F-16s in certain respects and if not for my own preference for sustained energy capability rather than instantaneous.. I might have ranked the Mirage 2000 at the top.

Other aircraft such as the J-20 are not operational as of yet, the Su-30MKI and J-11Ds are not reliable at all and so far the Rafale is not going to be in the picture for another 5 years.

@Oscar , i was also keeping the combat record of the respective aircraft in prospective.

Anyways, what's your take on that the MLU has reduced the weight of our F-16s by about a 1000 kg, making them even more nimble and sustain 9g , thus the reason W/C Azman Khalil supporting the special G-suit to compromoise these high-g turns at low level.

KLLzC.jpg

As far as i know, the later version of J-10s are not fully operational yet so it's difficult to compare, perhaps someone else can shed light on this. @Oscar @Horus @MastanKhan

However, one thing is certain, our Block-52 incorporate some extra PAF specified gadgets.... specially the ''D'' version.

This is the real beauty and calibre of F-16 with PAF, not many aircraft or airforces can claim or maintain such record, hence the PAF's love for the F-16s.

Pakistani F-16s reach 100,000 accident free flight hours

Hi,

J10C is in service now----

@Oscar , i was also keeping the combat record of the respective aircraft in prospective.

Anyways, what's your take on that the MLU has reduced the weight of our F-16s by about a 1000 kg, making them even more nimble and sustain 9g , thus the reason W/C Azman Khalil supporting the special G-suit to compromise these high-g turns at low level.
The MLU's are great A2A machines, and very capable at counter air operations. However, the Block-52s carry much more than what is advertised. Contrary to popular myths about kill switches and so on, any backdoors that may or may not exist are meant for a confrontation that might occur with the US. Against our threat in the east, the Americans would like us to put up as much of a fight as we can with what they let us have.

Sir,

Your post and assumptions are incorrect---. It is good to dream---but when you are talking about mechanical / electronic items----talk in real terms and not in 'we can'.

Off course we can----but what is the outcome and in what time----.

there are Rafales and Typhoons which are better than this bird.

The MLU's are great A2A machines, and very capable at counter air operations. However, the Block-52s carry much more than what is advertised. Contrary to popular myths about kill switches and so on, any backdoors that may or may not exist are meant for a confrontation that might occur with the US. Against our threat in the east, the Americans would like us to put up as much of a fight as we can with what they let us have.
Yes, we both know that raised spine is packed with some extra ordinary gadgets and why couple of our aircraft were kept back by the Lockheed.....in fact Alan Warnes did slip up once but didn't want to discuss further. :-)

How many F-16s does Pakistan have, currently ?

Back
Top Bottom