What's new

Asian Games 2018

Actually population is a burden. Most of the games require skills training which come through proper investment, sports infrastructure, coaching, culture and affordability. So population isn't really much of a factor. In fact having low population is much better as the percentage population who have tried sports is incredibly high which over generations makes a difference since these countries don't rely on randomly found raw talent. Chinese population is 10x higher than Japanese but they only have 2x Golds in comparison. Most of the sports in Asian Games favor South East Asian cultures many of which have inflated gold medal events. Recently shooting is getting popular here and the results are already showing. In Athletics we are progressing but the African imports are really giving us tough time here in Asian Games. Staying fit is only a recent trend in our country unfortunately. But pretty optimistic that in a decade we will have lots of improvements in various sports, specially swimming.
I can't think so. Chinese population is 10 times that of Japan, but the competition is limited and the number of gold medals is limited. and when a country monopolies a game, the rules of the game will be modified............ Yes, the rules of the game have been modified. Because IOC does not allow monopoly.

A4824C_10.jpg

BTW, this is my city basketball court. It's in a park. I must reiterate that my city is a small city. India has similar facilities?
IMG20180825173421.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20180825173358.jpg
    IMG20180825173358.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20180825173653.jpg
    IMG20180825173653.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 23
Actually population is a burden. Most of the games require skills training which come through proper investment, sports infrastructure, coaching, culture and affordability. So population isn't really much of a factor. In fact having low population is much better as the percentage population who have tried sports is incredibly high which over generations makes a difference since these countries don't rely on randomly found raw talent. Chinese population is 10x higher than Japanese but they only have 2x Golds in comparison. Most of the sports in Asian Games favor South East Asian cultures many of which have inflated gold medal events. Recently shooting is getting popular here and the results are already showing. In Athletics we are progressing but the African imports are really giving us tough time here in Asian Games. Staying fit is only a recent trend in our country unfortunately. But pretty optimistic that in a decade we will have lots of improvements in various sports, specially swimming.
That guy failed to see his 220 million haven't gotten a single gold yet and have 2 bronze while india has 36 medal till now and badminton, boxing and others sport are going to make it atleast 65+.. They should atleast get 1/6 of medal if they want to use that population theory.. I miss those "superior race" "warrior race " guys like @Indus Pakistan @django and their gang here.. Lol few months back I said to them that 20 million Haryanvis can take on their entire Pakistan in sports and come out victorious.. Lol even that was overkill.. I should say Bhiwani district of Haryana can take on both Pakistan and Bangladesh from now on

Chinese population is 10x higher than Japanese but they only have 2x Golds in comparison.
That's because China can only send limited number of top athletes, if every Chinese province can send top athletes to play, the chance for China to win will be multiplied, even with this handicap, in past Olympics and Asian Games some Chinese provinces and cities won more gold medals than Japan and Korea if counted as a country.

Most of the sports in Asian Games favor South East Asian cultures many of which have inflated gold medal events.
That' not true, actually East Asian countries do better in the Olympic Games than in Asian Games.

That's because China can only send limited number of top athletes, if every Chinese province can send top athletes to play, the chance for China to win will be multiplied, even with this handicap, in past Olympics and Asian Games some Chinese provinces and cities won more gold medals than Japan and Korea if counted as a country.
If my province is counted as a country than we will be top amongst south asian countries.. That too with only 20 million people and 80% of them vegetarian.. The point he was saying is if you don't have enough funding, infrastructure, training and other such parameters than population becomes a burden than asset.. We may be faring bad if compared to per capita with china but if we compare with countries with similar resources in the region and having similar societies.. We are faring excellent even in per capita.

If my province is counted as a country than we will be top amongst south asian countries.. That too with only 20 million people and 80% of them vegetarian.. The point he was saying is if you don't have enough funding, infrastructure, training and other such parameters than population becomes a burden than asset.. We may be faring bad if compared to per capita with china but if we compare with countries with similar resources in the region and having similar societies.. We are faring excellent even in per capita.
To be honest, the overall strength of China's sports power is significantly declining in the past decade, now China is nowhere close to her sports prowess 10 years ago, China is richer than before, wealth and facilities are not the only thing to decide a nation's athletic performance.

To be honest, the overall strength of China's sports power is significantly declining in the past decade, now China is nowhere close to her sports power 10 years ago, China is richer than before, wealth and facilities are not the only thing to decide a nation's athletic performance.
Compare it with china in 1970s? You see where the economic success took you guys? You are comparing current sports performance with 2008 Beijing but playing in home has some advantage and many sports like badminton which used to be dominated completely by china has now many nations as contenders.. So other nations are getting richer so it will take away some assured medal while 2008 was at Beijing so can't be compared with other games.. Don't be so hard on your guys, you guys are doing excellent.

This Asian Games so far is the worst for China in decades, Some sports officials will surely be sacked for this bad performance.

Compare it with china in 1970s? You see where the economic success took you guys? You are comparing current sports performance with 2008 Beijing but playing in home has some advantage and many sports like badminton which used to be dominated completely by china has now many nations as contenders.. So other nations are getting richer so it will take away some assured medal while 2008 was at Beijing so can't be compared with other games.. Don't be so hard on your guys, you guys are doing excellent.
Comparing to last Asian Games, 4 years ago China got almost 100 gold medal half way thru the games, but this time China just got 70 something half way thru , the China social media cries for blood now.

If Rajyavardhan Singh rathore get one more term as sports minister...., the medal count will be diff next time .... and yes Haryan is the engine in defence forces and sports ..... we are just 20 million ....
That guy failed to see his 220 million haven't gotten a single gold yet and have 2 bronze while india has 36 medal till now and badminton, boxing and others sport are going to make it atleast 65+.. They should atleast get 1/6 of medal if they want to use that population theory.. I miss those "superior race" "warrior race " guys like @Indus Pakistan @django and their gang here.. Lol few months back I said to them that 20 million Haryanvis can take on their entire Pakistan in sports and come out victorious.. Lol even that was overkill.. I should say Bhiwani district of Haryana can take on both Pakistan and Bangladesh from now on

Believe me after 2008 olympics ... I was thinking even in atheletics you guys will out class Americans and Europeans in coming years but not sure what happened to momentum...
Comparing to last Asian Games, 4 years ago China got almost 100 gold medal half way thru the games, but this time China just got 70 something half way thru , the China social media cries for blood now.

If Rajyavardhan Singh rathore get one more term as sports minister...., the medal count will be diff next time .... and yes Haryan is the engine in defence forces and sports ..... we are just 20 million ....
And vegetarians..don't forget that.. We are supposed to be weak and a pushover for superior races as claimed by many of the members of this forum:coffee:
As I said many countries like india, Malaysia, Indonesia have taken away some medal from badminton similarly there are other countries who have taken in other sports.. As asia rise economically, china will face tough competition.. As economy runs everything, not superior genes or races as said by many members here.. Even in the other thread currently active about that hazara girl:cheers: you guys are still awesome though.

Believe me after 2008 olympics ... I was thinking even in atheletics you guys will out class Americans and Europeans in coming years but not sure what happened to momentum...
Simple, People lost interests in sports. We can still beat anyone other than US, London Olympic Britian just got lucky with some help of home advantage.

As I said many countries like india, Malaysia, Indonesia have taken away some medal from badminton similarly there are other countries who have taken in other sports.. .
Japan got many gold from our traditionally dominated fields this time, they outperformed themselves this time, we will do better next time.

Japan got many gold from our traditionally dominated fields this time, they outperformed themselves this time, we will do better next time.
Hope you will, hope we also keep improving and reach to China medal count till 2034 asian games:toast_sign:

Back
Top Bottom