What's new

Asia needs NATO-style alliance against China: LDP lawmaker

while I agree with your point,but see,USA tried and failed to drag India into this NATO thing.I don't think India is going to join in this grouping,atleast not until some open hostility by China against India.but I disagree with your comment on red.European NATO didn't get started with some European Countries which could evenly match SU.actually,none of Europe could stand against SU in conventional warfare.but they formed an alliance that could deter SU.same kind of concept is applicable here too.Japan,which presently lies as Pacifist,could form such a group if needed.though they're just a shadow of what they actually were,but even then,it is a formidable opponent.add it with might of USA,SK(which now seems kind of impossible,but see,even clash existed between NATO countries itself on various matter) and Vietnam,and you'll get enough power to deter China.nobody has to match one on one in every sector.they just have to make any Conflict beyond what we say,"Economic Feasibility",too costly that is unacceptable for opponent.that is the key.in present form,China can simply invade Philippines without much headache as their military is too weak and gain substantial amount of their land mass.but if you consider a group like mentioned,it can't.
So basically it is a NATO replica with USA as the head? LOL What make NATO a formidable force in Europe. Let see, you have 2 nuclear powers, UK and France. Germany is a mightt industrial country. Italy is not a push-over and you have Turkey. Each of those countries military rival that of the best in Japan/South Korea. Adding that two members in Europe are nuclear power, you can see why it works. But even if NATO without USA is just a headless chicken. LOL

I think US-Japan-Australia-ASEAN will be the main frame. Vietnam will join the alliance if Japanese and Americans promise to will hand Hainan island to us...

while I agree with your point,but see,USA tried and failed to drag India into this NATO thing.I don't think India is going to join in this grouping,atleast not until some open hostility by China against India.but I disagree with your comment on red.European NATO didn't get started with some European Countries which could evenly match SU.actually,none of Europe could stand against SU in conventional warfare.but they formed an alliance that could deter SU.same kind of concept is applicable here too.Japan,which presently lies as Pacifist,could form such a group if needed.though they're just a shadow of what they actually were,but even then,it is a formidable opponent.add it with might of USA,SK(which now seems kind of impossible,but see,even clash existed between NATO countries itself on various matter) and Vietnam,and you'll get enough power to deter China.nobody has to match one on one in every sector.they just have to make any Conflict beyond what we say,"Economic Feasibility",too costly that is unacceptable for opponent.that is the key.in present form,China can simply invade Philippines without much headache as their military is too weak and gain substantial amount of their land mass.but if you consider a group like mentioned,it can't.

Actually, the time during red scare, West Europe alone would not have enough power to stop Soviet Russia attack on an all out war scale, the problem is and always is "Divide and Conquer" Tactics.

If there are not a single country that can at least stop the onslaught from the enemy, you got 0 chances of survival as a team. Think of it like this. A group is only united if it serve their own interest, if someone can offer something that other cannot, then the group would break up for sure.

That's why if there aren't any single entity that any of the NATO country can rely on, they will break like rocks. And that's how the Europe is counting on US as the single biggest strategic reserve

I think US-Japan-Australia-ASEAN will be the main frame. Vietnam will join the alliance if Japanese and Americans promise to will hand Hainan island to us...

ASEAN? You'll only have the Philippines on your side - until they dispute the islands the US gives to you, and start a war.

Actually, the time during red scare, West Europe alone would not have enough power to stop Soviet Russia attack on an all out war scale, the problem is and always is "Divide and Conquer" Tactics.

If there are not a single country that can at least stop the onslaught from the enemy, you got 0 chances of survival as a team. Think of it like this. A group is only united if it serve their own interest, if someone can offer something that other cannot, then the group would break up for sure.

That's why if there aren't any single entity that any of the NATO country can rely on, they will break like rocks. And that's how the Europe is counting on US as the single biggest strategic reserve

same thing is applicable here too,right??USA's "Asian Pivot" includes himself,Japan,Australia,Singapore and probably Vietnam and Philippines.they're going to deploy around 60% of their Naval assets in Pacific.so,USA is the biggest stock holder here too.while Asian NATO might look weaker than European Counterpart,but then again,China is no SU.and apart from Vietnam,there is no land border which they could invade this group using massive PLA.so,fate will be decided by power projection of Navy and Airforce.

Malaysia won't join due to lots of ethnic Chinese in Malaysia.

You need a white man to lead the "Asian NATO"? I didn't know Asians became so weak. It's pathetic.

actually,Japan is doing pretty good in the terms of Bilateral Co-Op with Philippines.they'll probably pass an amendment which may enable them to send weapons,even help during any crisis Philippines may face in future.Shigeru Ishiba just gave a hint towards that.

even though I'll hate to see any "Grouping against China",but things are just moving that way.its the time to solve the territorial issues multilaterally/bilaterally(where applicable) and get going.

@Mighty Caty whats your opinion on this???

Send weapon or sell? Because nobody will turn down free weapon, but that's essentially asking Japan to foot Philippine's bill. While Japan has done this before for US, since it is an semi-colony and literally has no choice but to do so, but I really don't see Japan does it for Philippine. As for buying weapon from Japan...Japan's F-2 cost 127 million USD per plane and it is literally a Chinese Chengdu J10A with slower speed, significantly less maneuverability, can only shoot sea and cost six times more money. Philippines are actually better off importing things from India than Japan.

I don't think South Korea and Japan can get along with each other well enough to form an alliance. It seems to me Koreans hate Japanese for atrocities during Japanese occupation of Korea.

Why would defenders star a war i think that's the job of the aggressors

I don't know, why did you?:

"South Vietnamese forces (Republic of Vietnam) invaded the island in 1975, when Filipino soldiers guarding the island attended the birthday party of their commanding officer based in the nearby Northeast Cay. A confirmed report came out that Vietnamese prostitutes were sent by Vietnamese officials to the birthday party, supposedly a sign of good brotherhood between the forces, but was actually used to lure the Filipino soldiers guarding the island. Filipino forces apparently planned on attacking the island, thus it would have led to a war, but Vietnamese forces were able to erect a huge garrison in the island within few weeks"

Beware their prostitute counter-attack.

South Korea and Japan,two countries that hate and loathe each other the most in the world。

These two countries will never ever get along。

I can't wait for Japan to lift that ban,if they do the tension with the US will explode, cause no great power has foreign troops in their land, or at least no military great power.

Then the Japanese American tension will be the all time high.

But what's even better is if Japan develops the bomb, US set the precedent that going in for WMDs that are targeting you is a valid reason.

We don't need the world's support, all we need is enough nations to not say anything and stay neutral, this would effectively take US out the battle.

In truth we don't even have to make others neutral, just long enough to delay a final decision would be good enough.

I can't wait for Japan to lift that ban,if they do the tension with the US will explode, cause no great power has foreign troops in their land, or at least no military great power.

Then the Japanese American tension will be the all time high.

But what's even better is if Japan develops the bomb, US set the precedent that going in for WMDs that are targeting you is a valid reason.

We don't need the world's support, all we need is enough nations to not say anything and stay neutral, this would effectively take US out the battle.

In truth we don't even have to make others neutral, just long enough to delay a final decision would be good enough.

I will go a step further。I want Japan to become nuclear-armed,for that will mean the end of Japanese and American alliance。China and the US can then work together to finish off the Japs,by conventional means or otherwise。

I will go a step further。I want Japan to become nuclear-armed,for that will mean the end of Japanese and American alliance。China and the US can then work together to finish off the Japs,by conventional means or otherwise。
no way, finishing Japan is our glory, if we go in with US, people will just say we rode the US, we need to show the world we can finish a great power, like Kim Jun En can finish a cake.

Back
Top Bottom