What's new

ASIA CUP 2018 - ODI

It's really bad for Afghanistan.
They should have played the final all of there matches were close and also they proved to be the highest scorers against india

Even same thing i have observed too...Usually Pakistan players in 1990 and early 2000 are very well built and great rhythm while doing a pace bowling....Your bolwers have a good sense of aggression due to which they have a great fan following in India too...But in recent years, after Shoib Akhtar, you do not have any genuine pace bowler who can be as lethan as Akram, Akhtar or Waqar kind of thing....

India is always weak in bowling...Even if India is winning the match against Pakistan, i would rather give some credit to Pakistan for our win...Pakistan players are mentally not strong to play in big matches...You need a captain like Misbah or even Shoib Mallick too...Sarfaraz is a gentleman player but he is not a leader....

The difference is not in the Pakistani bowlers to be honest. I mean Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Tanvir even Mohammad Irfan (for his length) are well built. Sure in the current team there are more "skinny" bowlers but you have to remember many of them are very young. Shaheen Afridi for example is only 18.

Rather the main reason why Pakistani bowlers today struggle in comparison to their 90s, early 2000s predecessors is because cricket overall has become more batsmen friendly. Powerplays have been added, grounds have become smaller, pitches are regularly made batsmen friendly, bats are only becoming "chunkier" (as Sanjay Manjrekar put it) without getting heavier. These factors have placed bowling strong sides at a serious disadvantage.

Honestly today I find cricket simply boring to watch. Its a slog fest most of the time and the beauty of brilliant bowling is no longer appreciated or respected. You cant have quality cricket without quality bowling and unfortunately the ICC in order to make cricket more "exciting" sacrificed the quality of the game in order to reach a greater audience so as to earn more money.

The below articles help explain this change, and also go a long way in explaining Pakistan crickets general demise due to being a bowling focused nation.

http://crickettoday.net/top-reasons-cricket-become-batsmans-game/
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/739039.html

"If someone kept count of how many badly mishit shots are going for sixes these days, the number would be very high. We need to bring it down."

It is more interesting to see Afganistan playing so well....

Lol its a tie, our winning streaks ends after 10th match.
That is fine...first time in my life...i am happy that India is not winning for this match...

Kudos to Afganistan..

Match was fixed.... letting Afghan win would have been too much, and them losing on last ball would have been too obvious. Anyway Would have loved to see Afghan win today. Another promising team from the subcontinent gaining momentum. Well played boys.

Hong Kong and Afghan gave tough time to India while one sided matches with bangdlesh and Pakistan was quiet boring

Only team which can't play like Men is our butter finger and butter footed Pakistan cricket team falling all over the ground and can't catch a ball

Specially if the bowler is Shaheen Afridi , then drop it. Other bowlers just are bit worried of the young bowler

Only team which can't play like Men is our butter finger and butter footed Pakistan cricket team falling all over the ground and can't catch a ball

Specially if the bowler is Shaheen Afridi , then drop it. Other bowlers just are bit worried of the young bowler

You are correct...if you see HK and Afganistan are only 2 teams that has challenged India..It is forcing me to thinknk if match between India and Pak is scripted....Till now i can not believe that bowlers like Amir can not take any wickets in both the matches against India..

42575341_1891558150922638_6450310742741614592_n.jpg
42556389_1125573584256931_1178590698773938176_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom