What's new

ASIA CUP 2018 - ODI

If you don't get it, then respectfully piss off from the thread.

I don't particularly like cricket myself and have played a lot of kabaddi in my youth. My grandfather from fathers side have beaten plenty of indian punjabis in tournaments. Unfortunately, I was no such prodigy like my grandfather. Still, I have decent techniques in wrestling.

Yeah you're superpunjabiman.

But seriously, why are your cricketers nowadays so small? Could be the general populace trend per the articles that came out some time ago about Pakistanis getting shorter?

There's definitely a direct correlate between your lowering fortunes as a nation and that of your cricket and hockey national teams.

It's all in the head. And that's where we guys have you beat comprehensive.

A clear indication of the two national psyches.

Cheers, Doc

Yeah you're superpunjabiman.

But seriously, why are your cricketers nowadays so small? Could be the general populace trend per the articles that came out some time ago about Pakistanis getting shorter?

There's definitely a direct correlate between your lowering fortunes as a nation and that of your cricket and hockey national teams.

It's all in the head. And that's where we guys have you beat comprehensive.

A clear indication of the two national psyches.

Cheers, Doc

It's probably due to malnourishment, but then again people in rural areas are typically stronger and taller than city folks. Most of the rural folks can't afford cricketing academies so you rarely see them on the team.

Abdul Razzaq was a prime example of a strong punjabi village guy that made it on the national team.

And again, you are reading way too much into this. The team right now consists of young kids that are mostly new.

It's probably due to malnourishment, but then again people in rural areas are typically stronger and taller than city folks. Most of the rural folks can't afford cricketing academies so you rarely see them on the team.

Abdul Razzaq was a prime example of a strong punjabi village guy that made it on the national team.

And again, you are reading way too much into this. The team right now consists of young kids that are mostly new.

Even same thing i have observed too...Usually Pakistan players in 1990 and early 2000 are very well built and great rhythm while doing a pace bowling....Your bolwers have a good sense of aggression due to which they have a great fan following in India too...But in recent years, after Shoib Akhtar, you do not have any genuine pace bowler who can be as lethan as Akram, Akhtar or Waqar kind of thing....

India is always weak in bowling...Even if India is winning the match against Pakistan, i would rather give some credit to Pakistan for our win...Pakistan players are mentally not strong to play in big matches...You need a captain like Misbah or even Shoib Mallick too...Sarfaraz is a gentleman player but he is not a leader....

Even same thing i have observed too...Usually Pakistan players in 1990 and early 2000 are very well built and great rhythm while doing a pace bowling....Your bolwers have a good sense of aggression due to which they have a great fan following in India too...But in recent years, after Shoib Akhtar, you do not have any genuine pace bowler who can be as lethan as Akram, Akhtar or Waqar kind of thing....

India is always weak in bowling...Even if India is winning the match against Pakistan, i would rather give some credit to Pakistan for our win...Pakistan players are mentally not strong to play in big matches...You need a captain like Misbah or even Shoib Mallick too...Sarfaraz is a gentleman player but he is not a leader....

Experience is everything. Also bhartis have better training facilities than Pakistan.

42397394_1890062371072216_3606117329848500224_n.jpg

India have a better skill level so to put up better fight we really need give 100% and need to play aggressive and sensible cricket, currently what we are observing is quite down moral in our team, specially due to drop catches. This shows that we are not able to put up our 100%. We are struggling, even Afghanistan would have been wrapped up easily if we have not dropped 5 easy catches, it all happening and indicates the pressure on players for being out of form and in mentally disturbed, well what the worst have to happened had happened already, and we have seen that after every worst their aggression increases, They may have learned their lesson now. Just two or three extra ordinary catches and you will see a whole new energy in our team.

I know things are looking dismal but just consider this, Pakistan haven't played any ODI's in OVER 6 MONTHS (except for the recent Zimbabwe series against a THIRD string side, like the team we played wasn't even their B-Team for crying out loud). Obviously it's gonna be a tough transition back, InshAllah hopefully Pak will prevail over Bangladesh tomorrow and India in the final but even if they don't look on the bright side, there will be LOTS of series against tougher teams now which should give us plenty of time to get things right for the 2019 WC.

Right after this Asia cup, and aside from a lot of Test and T20 series, we will have an NZ and AUS ODI series in UAE and a series against South Africa in South Africa and against England in England. You can't ask for a better preparation than this. Hopefully we can fully utilize it.

Nah not really, that excitment has died downed over the years maybe it's the commercialization through IPL which did me in but now I look forward to the lesser popular sports in India. Cricket has had enough attention from the sub continent we guys need to look for other avenues. hockey is picking up pace again in India, plus wrestling, boxing, badminton, table tennis, even atheletics is getting attention now. We need to channel out enegry in more comepetitive sports now. Enough of this fixing infested cr@P to be honest.

Agreed.

Experience is everything. Also bhartis have better training facilities than Pakistan.

India is having better sports infrastructure even in Tier 2 cities, than Karachi or Lahore

India have a better skill level so to put up better fight we really need give 100% and need to play aggressive and sensible cricket, currently what we are observing is quite down moral in our team, specially due to drop catches. This shows that we are not able to put up our 100%. We are struggling, even Afghanistan would have been wrapped up easily if we have not dropped 5 easy catches, it all happening and indicates the pressure on players for being out of form and in mentally disturbed, well what the worst have to happened had happened already, and we have seen that after every worst their aggression increases, They may have learned their lesson now. Just two or three extra ordinary catches and you will see a whole new energy in our team.

Pakistan defeating India like once in a while for many years now and that's why troll ad like 'Mauka Mauka' comes in favour of india for many years and during world cup.There are many pakistani's comment that pakistan can never beat India and even beat, its a surprise shows domination of Indian cricket team.

I have never seen a scorecard like the one of the match being played right now against afghanistan.

The day of Akram,Imran khan etc becomes history and other than Afridi,many does not recognize pakistan cricketers now a days compared to Dhoni,Kohli etc recognition, in international cricket fans.

You need a captain like Misbah or even Shoib Mallick too...Sarfaraz is a gentleman player but he is not a leader....

ICC Titles won by Malik and Misbah = 0
ICC Titles won by Sarfaraz = 2 (2017 champions trophy and 2006 U-19 WC, both with the pressure of playing India in the finals)

It amazes me that since Sarfaraz became captain in 2016, the ONLY LIMITED OVERS SERIES that he has lost was the one this year against New Zealand, he has won every ODI and T20 series so far other than that and already people are questioning his captaincy?

Fantastic shehzaad..congratulations on your century against india...score is 144 and he alone scored 113:tup:

India is having better sports infrastructure even in Tier 2 cities, than Karachi or Lahore

Pakistan defeating India like once in a while for many years now and that's why troll ad like 'Mauka Mauka' comes in favour of india for many years and during world cup.There are many pakistani's comment that pakistan can never beat India and even beat, its a surprise shows domination of Indian cricket team.
It doesn't reflects that they can't defeat, It shows how dumb they are not being able to utilize their skills according to situations. and credit goes to Rameez Raja's dumb advices to play carefully don't lose wickets, and when they play with fear in heart they low down the runrate causing frustration and fall of quick wickets. today even Afghans show the aggressive and sensible intent can cause much damage to indian bowling attack. Our players are dumb and i blame it to their lack of education so they don't understand how to adopt strategy according to the situation.

Back
Top Bottom