What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Oh so you have a habit of backing up your lies with more lies. Do you even know how many made in Pakistan weapon systems they operate? Ever heard about Anza? Go google kiddo.

So this only applies to the purchase of military equipment from Pakistan :o::o: what a moronic statement is that.
Sir Kindly Learn Manners to Speak Before Engaging With any argument with me kindly. Or else don't Quote me in further Comments.
Regards

Sir Kindly Learn Manners to Speak Before Engaging With any argument with me kindly. Or else don't Quote me in further Comments.
Regards
I see, that's a typical response from losers so nothing new for me. Mate, lies won't go without being countered.

Talks mean nothing, until a MoU or contract is signed. Pakistan is talking with a number of countries, including Azerbaijan and a number of African countries like Sudan.

Right now, the only two confirmed customers are Nigeria and Burma.

Talks mean nothing, until a MoU or contract is signed. Pakistan is talking with a number of countries, including Azerbaijan and a number of African countries like Sudan.

IK makes multiple trips to a given country for a reason...

Hi,

Grippen is very expensive in maintenance---plus the swedes can put restrictions anytime they want on the instructions of the US/UK---or themselves if they feel fit---.
Grippen has US components mainly the engine and many other subsystems perhaps are from other EU countries which makes it prone to politically motivated sanctions in case if customer's relations worsen with any of these countries while PAF has total ownership of JF17 to sell and export to any country it wants.

IK makes multiple trips to a given country for a reason...
For this order, IK won't need to visit Malaysia again ... PAF can take over from here :)

Block-III will offer a highly potent platform at mouth watering price so a lot more orders will come.

Last edited:
As mentioned, this was discussed months ago at Farnborough.. the current government has NOTHING to do with it.

Current RD-93 engine is not as good as RD-33MK which is smokeless and falls far short of Su-30MKM's AL-31FP engine. However, if JF-17 Block 3 can come up with a superior WS-13 engine then the prospect is good.

There was some interest previously, wonder if Malaysia would buy $6 billion worth of JF-17s? :D
they Do want Pakistan to train their forces dont they??

Note happening. Malaysia have South China Sea Dispute with China So joint Production involving china have Slim Chance.
And as you mentioned Malaysia don't need JF17s as they have strong economy and they can afford to buy expensive Advance systems from USA, Russia and Europe
the guarantees would come from Pakistan for the fighter and its long term support, if we r offering not China....lets not forget Pakistan owns 58% of JF17 project.

I think that attempt didn't go anywhere
Why not? This is happening because of this attempt. Aircraft take a little longer than other equipment to purchase; Azerbaijan now has their pilots on exchange checking out the JF17.. Nigeria has done their initial IPs..

See how long the Indian MMRCA took... and went nowhere.

Why not? This is happening because of this attempt. Aircraft take a little longer than other equipment to purchase; Azerbaijan now has their pilots on exchange checking out the JF17.. Nigeria has done their initial IPs..

See how long the Indian MMRCA took... and went nowhere.
If we manage to come up with BLOCK III fast it could be our F-16 when it comes to sales to other markets

The correct phrase is to "beat around the bush" meaning not coming to the topic while wasting time talking about irrelevant matters, like colour schemes.

lets not bush around the beating, a fighter jet has gotta look sexy

Back
Top Bottom