What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

This might be the first time both present at the same Air Show. I recall when the Tejas was in Bahrain & the JF-17 didn't make it there. Indian Media went bezerk stating how the PAF was afraid of going up against their jet.

That theory was put to rest on the 27th of Feb.

Malaysian neighbour equipped with leopard A4 and VT-4 tank.
Yes
Thai - vt-4
Sg n indon - leopard

Luckily, MY is not at odds with them, not even the slightest. Its always under the radar :-)

Can't wait to see deal materialize this year. Few more countries are also interested in JF17s. It's time to send Best sales team .

First, Asad Umar has emerged as the least reliable person in the current government.

Second, words like 'interested', 'keen', 'considering', etc., should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I thought they cancelled their visit at LIMA?

I dont think thunder would be going to LIMA.

The News are saying I don't know.

How do you know they canceled it? The News are quoting Finance minister of Pakistan.

Via this link:

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/24508/Pakistani_JF_17_not_to_Participate_in_LIMA_2019#.XJTjh2dYbcv

The Chinese-Pakistani JF-17 fighter jet, in contention of Malaysia’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) project along with India’s Tejas will not be participating in the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) to be held in Malaysia next week.

According to the official list of participating aircraft released by the organizers, the JF-17 will not be present in the static and flying displays. The Tejas, however is listed in the flying display along with the Russian YAK-130, another Malaysian LCA project contender.

The absence of the Pakistani aircraft, thought a key contender for the Malaysian LCA procurement, has surprised LIMA watchers. The Malaysian air force chief, Affendi Buang, who had visited the IDEAS show in Karachi in November had extended an invitation to the Pakistani air force to demonstrate its aircraft at LIMA.

However, a Malaysian source told defenseworld.net that the reason for the Pakistani no show could be that the aircraft is expected to be demonstrated on the occasion of the Pakistani National Day on March 23 where the Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed is the chief guest.

This link has confirmation how? the links I gave are saying Malaysian Premier has invited and Pakistani Finance Minister is being quoted. So you decide your self what is more credible source. I have link on this news from every Pakistani News source.

If Pakistan is not going why would Finance minister even mention this @Deino ?

Agreed, but the confirmation comes via "According to the official list of participating aircraft released by the organizers" and most of all my source say it will not come, whereas your two links in this thread only mention:

"Umar maintained that the Malaysian authorities have invited Pakistan to attend defence exhibition, to display its JF-17 jets" and "Malaysian delegation sought participation of JF-17 Thunder aircraft in a defense fair to be held in that country in the near future" ... both are IMO are more a confirmation that they invited this aircraft but it will not come.

Most of all it is no longer listed on the official list ...

LIMA 2019.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom