What's new

Asad Umar attacks Sectarianism over Coronavirus

Lets end our debate, here, sir....

We'll get back to this later words...

thank you for having discussion
last night shai celebrated some religious day and gathered in huge number in nazimabad imam bargah!! i am sure they also licked some imaginary grave or something! they are becoming super spreaders!

fking idiots! cant thy practice with sanity!

last night shai celebrated some religious day and gathered in huge number in nazimabad imam bargah!! i am sure they also licked some imaginary grave or something! they are becoming super spreaders!

May Allah keep Pakistan safe from evil of this virus.

I believe, we'll ride this out, Insha Allah

Atleast lodge a diplomatic protest over tgis treatment.
I completely agree and there will be time for actions such as those later. Quite frankly this treatment isn’t limited to the Iranians - the GCC Arabs treat Pakistanis poorly as well. Until Pakistan becomes stronger economically, we’ll never be able to really overcome these racist/discriminatory attitudes towards us, regardless of how much our government protests.

For a government protest to work there needs to be leverage, and our poorly managed economy over the decades has left us with little to no leverage.

Is that directed at ALL Pakistani Shia or just the ones at this particular location? Because no one in my family who is Shia is participating in any religious gatherings.

I completely agree and there will be time for actions such as those later. Quite frankly this treatment isn’t limited to the Iranians - the GCC Arabs treat Pakistanis poorly as well. Until Pakistan becomes stronger economically, we’ll never be able to really overcome these racist/discriminatory attitudes towards us, regardless of how much our government protests.

For a government protest to work there needs to be leverage, and our poorly managed economy over the decades has left us with little to no leverage.

Is that directed at ALL Pakistani Shia or just the ones at this particular location? Because no one in my family who is Shia is participating in any religious gatherings.
i have total respect for every religion or sect but Shai exhibits some next level emotions and stop usig their brain sunnis do the same but Shias they need to stop doijg some of the things in corona times to protect not just themselves but also others around them!

May Allah keep Pakistan safe from evil of this virus.

I believe, we'll ride this out, Insha Allah
haha bro jo halat hai bas Allah na he bachana hai hamai!

i have total respect for every religion or sect but Shai exhibits some next level emotions and stop usig their brain sunnis do the same but Shias they need to stop doijg some of the things in corona times to protect not just themselves but also others around them!
Then why single out just the Shia? The tableeeghi Jamaat is still engaging in high risk behaviors. There are videos and pictures from all the provinces of ‘Sunni’ mosques have lots of people praying together and various other high risk behaviors in market places etc.

What was wrong with phrasing your comment to cover ALL Pakistanis instead of just attacking Shia?

Do you really not understand what was wrong with your comment and others like it?

Threads based of mere tweets shouldn't be allowed to begin with. And I think that's exactly is the PDF rule.

But what to do when senior moderators themself break the rule, engage in active discussion with narcissist attitude and delete/ban anything and anyone who/which they personally don't like.

This entire stupid thread filled with nothing but mudslinging should be deleted/closed now for the sake of national harmony in this crucial time.

There is difference in a refugee and the one whom you granted Visa,host country does have some responsibilities.
They really don’t have any responsibilities, legally speaking. I am open to correction, but the only thing a visa does is allow you to visit a country per the conditions of the visa - the visa can be revoked at any time and you can be deported/kicked out of the visa issuing country at any time.

Any additional cooperation/coordination with the country of origin of visa holders depends upon any agreements entered into between the two countries or any other understanding they might have.

Threads based of mere tweets shouldn't be allowed to begin with. And I think that's exactly is the PDF rule.

But what to do when senior moderators themself break the rule, engage in active discussion with narcissist attitude and delete/ban anything and anyone who/which they personally don't like.

This entire stupid thread filled with nothing but mudslinging should be deleted/closed now for the sake of national harmony in this crucial time.
What exactly do you find wrong with the tweet of Asad Umar criticizing those who have turned the Coronavirus pandemic into a sectarian issue?

Again, the thread wouldn’t have had any issues if most people had agreed with Asad’s comments and talked about the need for the country to not engage in a blame game and attacks on any particular sect and moved on.

Instead the usual sect-baiting suspects all reared their heads and turned this thread into a mud slinging contest.

Even now in the last couple of posts you can see outright sectarian attacks, but you think it’s better to attack the moderators arguing for an end to sectarianism instead of condemning the sectarian posts themselves.

Great job!

Looks guys we have to decide about PDF and its future, do we really want it to be a forum where you can keep making Shia comments whenever Iran makes a mistake, or make hatred comment on sufis whenever a dodgy sufi jumps up and down in a darbar. I always find that we can attack the shias and sufis on this forum but whenever the favourite sect which has petro dollar backing is mentioned then you are labelled as sectarian. Everybody knows who supported terrorism in Pakistan, who backed them with funds, who issued the fatwas of Jihad but nobody will mention them. In reality they should have been banned and books destroyed, but this wont happen because you wont be getting any freebies in the future. These same people sit in the Pakistan Ulema council board. The terrorist are trying to stop terrorism, just like the corrupt are trying to stop corruption. Still we are not allowed to expose them.

PDF and its moderators need to make a policy about not making these types of comments on any sects, we should not use sects for propaganda purposes, I also seen anti hindu comments which I disagree with. I know the Indians make anti Muslim comments etc but please on this forum we should not allow any comments against any religion or their beliefs. Saying stuff like Modi the piss drinker etc is not the motive of this forum.

We should be a professional PDF military forum.

By the way those who we call sufis are Sunni Hanafis from Pakistan. Sufism or sufi is not a sect. Sunni is the creed, Hanafi is the Fiqh and sufism/tasawwuf is the spiritual state. This is the Islam we follow and our ancestors have been following and its not some sect.

A spill over in GCC or Iran will always effect Pakistan. This covid19 proves this very fact that if there is a war in the strait it will effect Pakistan with a spill over.

no cure of such fanatics ... that's how nation brought up. This is overall dilemma of South Asian nations.

I always find that we can attack the shias and sufis on this forum but whenever the favourite sect which has petro dollar backing is mentioned then you are labelled as sectarian. Everybody knows who supported terrorism in Pakistan, who backed them with funds, who issued the fatwas of Jihad but nobody will mention them.

We all have our prejudices and biases... Most of the mods/team members on PDF are pro-Saudi/Wahhabi and anti-Iran/Shia .. This Shia/Iran bashing has been going on here for quite some time now. The anti-Iran/Shia posters here believe that they are entitled to say whatever they want about Shia/Iran (without any source/proof of course)... This thread is an example .. Even a Mod telling people not to spread sectarianism and hatred, esp. during the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, is being frowned at by the usual suspects and they have ruined this thread

Comments like these should be banned. What do you mean you are sure they licked some imaginary grave? Did you witness this?

Comments like these should be banned. What do you mean you are sure they licked some imaginary grave? Did you witness this?

i am no religious expert so wont comment further! i said what i know i might be wrog!

Then why single out just the Shia? The tableeeghi Jamaat is still engaging in high risk behaviors. There are videos and pictures from all the provinces of ‘Sunni’ mosques have lots of people praying together and various other high risk behaviors in market places etc.

What was wrong with phrasing your comment to cover ALL Pakistanis instead of just attacking Shia?

Do you really not understand what was wrong with your comment and others like it?
true tableegi boys also need to restrict their movement these are tough times and we can all practice our faith inside our homes and by styaing home we can beat this virus and get back to our normal lifes!

issue is zaireens returning frim Iran did huge demage!

Some Shias, yes ... Jaffar Tayyar ImamBargah in Karachi was sealed on March 24 because of a religious gathering/procession attended by hundreds.. But Some Sunnis are no better .. In fact, it's Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman, Sunni Grand Mufti of Pakistan, who has refused to temporarily suspend congregational prayers in Mosques.. We all know what happened in Memon Masjid Karachi .. Then we have the Tableeghi Jamaat .. Yesterday a doctor in one of Karachi's leading hospitals who attended Ijtima recently was tested positive.. Today, Maj. (R) Ilyas died in Abbottabad due to covid-19 .. All his fellow tablighis (10 men, 5 women, mostly foreigners) have been quarantined .. Also, today a Tableeghi bhai named Abdul Rehman stabbed an SHO in Layyah, Punjab while trying to escape from a Tablighi quarantine center .. I can go on and on .... Stupidity is not limited to any single sect .. Mazhabi Jahalat hamara qaumi masla hai.. But yah waqt hai mil k muqabala kernay ka is Aafat se .. United we stand, divided we fall

Back
Top Bottom