What's new

As US pulls out of Afghanistan, its weapons head for Pakistan

I was referring to the FCS on the specific system, it goes a long way in making it more lethal. Otherwise rocket artillery has always been primarily an area denial weapon.

Read my previous post.

Maybe we can make a "jugaad" out of that Fire Control System for other MBRLS in our inventory. :D

M-270 indeed is a potent weapon but is not a game changer and must not be turned into a wunderwaffe of sorts. As i mentioned before Pakistan builds short/medium range rockets and A-100s all of whom are guided, so M-270s will supplement them sure but won't become the backbone of PA's artillery corps.

It is a game changer IF you get handed the MGM-140 ATACMS with it. Beyond that nothing new is on offer. Its close to impossible but I am one paranoid bugger.:partay:

It is a game changer IF you get handed the MGM-140 ATACMS with it. Beyond that nothing new is on offer. Its close to impossible but I am one paranoid bugger.:partay:

Which is an unguided dumb rocket carrying hundreds of bomblets? - My point is that if the purpose is to use submunitions to attack lets say an arms depot, or an army/air force base, communication centers and fuel dumps a 100kms away, why not use a volley of guided A-100s [Which also deliver bomblets] than having to use 1 unguided MGM-140?

Which is an unguided dumb rocket carrying hundreds of bomblets? - My point is that if the purpose is to use submunitions to attack lets say an arms depot, or an army/air force base, communication centers and fuel dumps a 100kms away, why not use a volley of guided A-100s [Which also deliver bomblets] than having to use 1 unguided MGM-140?

Bro GPS/INS guidance, good enough for the job. At that rate you might as well also get the SY-400 off the Chinese. Being at the receiving end of a barrage of 140s from 300Km away is not funny. Although since that's not up for sale its sort of cool. BUT the Baniya must always be paranoid, that's how he thrives. :devil: Besides the 140 variant (300km range) I am referring to doesn't even use bomblets, unitary HE warhead (230 Kg of pure explosives).:P

You can always ask some even more senior members how the Chinese FCR and FCS compare to their American counterparts even today. :bounce:

We will, see. I have my doubts on this news however. No offense but your media contracts verbal diarrhea when two words "Pakistan" and "Weapons" are mentioned together.

Wonder what US will be demanding in return? They are planning to stay back in Afghanistan beyond 2014, so perhaps continued logistical support from Pakistan?

We will, see. I have my doubts on this news however. No offense but your media contracts verbal diarrhea when two words "Pakistan" and "Weapons" are mentioned together.

One must always poke one's younger brother. It is a time honored tradition and like it or not you are our pugnacious, obdurate and ticked off cousins. :agree:

AMRAAMs, AIM-9X and M-270 can be a critical deterrent against the Indian aggression which they are hoping to carry out as part of the cold start doctrine. M-270 & A-100 MBRLs are the best MRBLs on the market right now, AMRAAMs, and AIM-9X will dramatically improve PAF F-16's and JF-17s [If AIM-9Xs are integrated on them] air combat capability.

IMO the most important acquisition is not a particular weapon, but the numbers being wielded.
God forbid a future indo pak war, but if it happens PAF won't be worried about the amount of air to air weapons it has, but the numbers of jets it has capable of firing these missiles.

The less potent items on paper such as sniper rifles, will be more critical because they're not relying on another weapon system. Hence, in emergency a lot more snipers can be trained thanks to the surplus. People say numbers are not as important, but they play a huge role in the psychological war. U.S. left Vietnam not because they achieved air superiority destroying the Vietnamese airforce, but because they saw the number of casualties being reported daily on the nightly news.

One must always poke one's younger brother. It is a time honored tradition and like it or not you are our pugnacious, obdurate and ticked off cousins. :agree:

The IndoPak relationship is defined by effete and will remain so for longer than i'd like to see.

Peace :sleep:

The IndoPak relationship is defined by effete and will remain so for longer than i'd like to see.

Peace :sleep:

Obviously it is. Peace would be boring and then we'd have no excuse to launch new missiles or ACs. :frown: The jingo inside me would die and I would shrivel up like @Armstrong. :hang2:

Last edited by a moderator:
With all these gizmos at their disposal, the Yanks are heading home almost defeated! Means these weapon systems didn't turn the tide in favor of the US of A or NATO/ISAF. Probably made just a very marginal difference.

Secondly, inducting new weapon systems is not as easy as it sounds. There's the requirement of training, repairs, spares, stocking, storage infrastructure, maintenance, life cycle overhauls, war wastage reserve inventories and so on.

It's not like you go to a kirana shop for buying vegetables!

Something our Indian friends are very good at.

AMRAAMs, AIM-9X and M-270 can be a critical deterrent against the Indian aggression which they are hoping to carry out as part of the cold start doctrine. M-270 & A-100 MBRLs are the best MRBLs on the market right now, AMRAAMs, and AIM-9X will dramatically improve PAF F-16's and JF-17s [If AIM-9Xs are integrated on them] air combat capability.

cold start will never happen if Pakistan stops its proxy wars as simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom