What's new

As the Hajj begins, the destruction of Mecca's heritage continues

Not only heritage, house of saud given security of Hajj to Zionist linked company.

Saudi Hires Occupation-Friendly Company for Hajj Security

By: Orouba Othman

Published Monday, October 7, 2013

This year, the mandatory Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca, or hajj, will compound the Palestinians’ woes. Palestinian pilgrims will be greeted by a company that assists in their repression – and even torture – under the Israeli occupation regime. Indeed, hajj this year will be brought to you by none other than G4S.

This is not the first time that the Saudi government has hired the private security firm, which has recruited a staggering 700,000 to provide hajj-related services this year, according to exclusive information obtained by Al-Akhbar. Most of the leaked reports indicate that security for the hajj season since 2010 has been entrusted to al-Majal G4S, an affiliate of the parent company G4S.

The private security contractor has also been implicated in enabling the torture of administrative detainees in Palestine, including children, according to BDS activist Zaid Shuaibi.
The CEO of al-Majal G4S is a former security official in Saudi named Khaled Baghdadi. The Saudi subsidiary is fully owned by the British-Danish firm.

The parent company has not disclosed the nature of the contracts it has signed with the Saudi authorities. In its periodic reports, G4S makes limited references to its Saudi operations, such as winning a contract with Jeddah Metro to assist with security during the hajj, or stating that the company assists in the transport of more than 3 million pilgrims who visit Mecca each year. In 2011, the website Asrar Ararabiya – Arab Secrets – published an ad by the company asking people to apply to work in Mecca for seven days only, during hajj.

The Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaign has not been sitting idly by. In a press conference on Wednesday, October 2, the campaign sent a clear message to the Saudi government, urging it to terminate the contract with the company that happens to provide equipment and security services to protect Israeli settlements, occupation checkpoints, and police facilities. The private security contractor has also been implicated in enabling the torture of administrative detainees in Palestine, including children, according to BDS activist Zaid Shuaibi.

BDS activists were not the only ones to react to the news. Sheikh Ekrima Sabri, the head of the Supreme Islamic Council in Jerusalem and the imam of al-Aqsa Mosque, has proclaimed, “This company operates in security, and has activities and commitments in areas under Israeli occupation. Those who help the occupation must be held accountable and are complicit in the crime, as those who help aggressors also are aggressors.”

Shuaibi, speaking to Al-Akhbar, said that the BDS campaign contacted the Palestinian Ministry of Economy, being the competent authority in the issue of boycotting settlements, such as the ones serviced by G4S. But according to Shuaibi, “The ministry did not bother to respond or take action to stop the abuse, even as the company violates Palestinian law by continuing to provide services to the settlements.”

G4S in Israeli Prisons and Interrogation Centers

G4S’ subsidiary in Israel (Hashmira) was awarded a contract with the Israeli Prison Service in July 2007 to supply equipment and security services that enable violations of Articles 49 and 76 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. The company provides security systems and centralized control systems to the Hasharon-Ramonim prison, which contains a section for Palestinian political prisoners.

G4S has installed a central command room in Megiddo Prison, in addition to supplying a wide array of security services to the Damon and Ketziot prisons. In Ofer, the prison where more than 1,500 Palestinians are detained – mostly administrative prisoners – G4S has also installed a central command room and provided protection through peripheral defense systems on the walls surrounding the prison. The company routinely supplies systems for command and control, IT, CCTV, and communications to Israeli prisons.

Full report:
Saudi Hires Occupation-Friendly Company for Hajj Security | Al Akhbar English

You perfectly fit for the role of so called, Islamic extremists.
you are really funny people, Al-Hasani says I'm not a Muslim, you say I'm an extremist Muslim.
yet the fact remains the same, that clock is destroying the view of Masjidul Haram and Kaaba.
in Iran and Isfahan, UNESCO forced us to destroy the upper floors of "Jahan-Nama" Tower because they believed that building will affect the view of "Naghshe Jahan" Square and it's while that building was much shorter and away, compared to this Big Ben.
Now what? wanna call UNESCO an extremist organization too?
you wanna see the Kaaba surrounded by the towers and buildings?

Naghshe Jahan Square:
300px-Naghshe_Jahan_Square_Isfahan_modified.jpg

Jahan-Nama Tower:
100918593276.jpg

Even European protesting zion connected security firm and its relation to Israeli atrocities but house of saud overlooked all that and deployed this zion tied firm for security of Mecca and Hajj? One has to ask question who these house of saud really are and who's interest they are serving?

Brussels protest demands an end to European contracts with G4S

On June 27, 2013, European activists took to the streets of Brussels, Belgium, protesting the continued awarding of EU institution contracts to G4S for security services despite the company’s extensively documented involvement with the detention of Palestinian political prisoners, including numerous Palestinian children, often subject to torture and abuse, by providing security services for Israeli prisons holding Palestinian political prisoners.

Samidoun: Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network » Brussels protest demands an end to European contracts with G4S

you are really funny people, Al-Hasani says I'm not a Muslim, you say I'm an extremist Muslim.
yet the fact remains the same, that clock is destroying the view of Masjidul Haram and Kaaba.
[/IMG]

My Friend no offence intended but what is relation between the view with performing 5th pillar of Islam. I mean, do you go to Makkah for view or performing Hajj.

My Friend no offence intended but what is relation between the view with performing 5th pillar of Islam. I mean, do you go to Makkah for view or performing Hajj.
I just know one thing, if I go to hajj, the last thing I wanna see are these towers which are surrounding the masjidul Haram, a BigBen shadow over kaaba.

I just know one thing, if I go to hajj, the last thing I wanna see are these towers which are surrounding the masjidul Haram, a BigBen shadow over kaaba.

Sorry for making you uncomfortable bro.

Then you can stay at home and do pilgrimage to Qom and Mashhad instead where you can visit the graves of two dead Ahl al-Bayt members.

Also it is clear that you have never been to Makkah. When you are performing hajj then those hotels or other buildings for that matter let alone mountain tops/hills will not damage your view of the Al-Masjid al-Haram or the Kaaba at all.

The tall buildings in and around the Kaaba are simply ridiculous and have turned a sacred site into something utterly ugly. Ideally speaking there should be no building higher than the Haram at least 20 kms around Kaaba

Can I ask how? and ideally from whose POV?

Muslims are at there worst at the Hajj; they forget simple Haqooq ul Ibaad in order to glorify their need for Haqooq Allah

Its between people and Allah. What to do with Saudi's construction and topic.

Personally I am not fond of Saudi's who treat Pakistanis as kammees while wagging there tails for any white skin (no matter how ****** it may be) comes knocking on there doors[/B].

Off topic but how your ruling elite is treating you in your country....

hajj was supposed to be about worshiping Allah, not people and their houses.

Back
Top Bottom