What's new

Aryans vs Dravidians?

Indian civilization is historically documented both by Indians sources and foreigners like Greeks, Persians, Romans, Arabs and Chinese. Your history revisionism is not true.

Lol

Greeks never entered India, Arabs and Chinese travellers described current day Pakistan. You guys are basically proud of our ancestors, you were not one of them. "India" is product of British colonization, Greeks said "Indoi" because of Indus river.

One can say all India history is product of foreign people, from Vedic aryans to British people. Because you guys are not proud of your own people history.

Lol

Greeks never entered India, Arabs and Chinese travellers described current day Pakistan. You guys are basically proud of our ancestors, you were not one of them. "India" is product of British colonization, Greeks said "Indoi" because of Indus river.

One can say all India history is product of foreign people, from Vedic aryans to British people. Because you guys are not proud of your own people history.

nobody will buy ur concocted theory.it might be true the vedic ppl were from pak;but how many historians mention the word pakistan instead of india when they write or talk about vedas or ivc civilization?

Lol

Greeks never entered India, Arabs and Chinese travellers described current day Pakistan. You guys are basically proud of our ancestors, you were not one of them.

Have you ever read the accounts by Greeks, Arabs, Chinese or Persian before posting this. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Greeks said "Indoi" because of Indus river.

Ever heard of the book named 'Indica' by Megasthanes, the Greek Ambassador to Chandragupta Maurya's court in Patliputra. They have clearly defined who constituted Indian people and Indian civilization.

One can say all India history is product of foreign people, from Vedic aryans to British people.

Everyone can be traced back to Africa.

Because you guys are not proud of your own people history.

This comment seems like pot calling the kettle black.

nobody will buy ur concocted theory.it might be true the vedic ppl were from pak;but how many historians mention the word pakistan instead of india when they write or talk about vedas or ivc civilization?

Actually many have already started mentioning Pakistan instead of ancient-India. The latest report which debunked Sarasvati river myth never once said Ancient India or Harappa being in India. Thats how neutral historians will write history going forward.

Have you ever read the accounts by Greeks, Arabs, Chinese or Persian before posting this. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ever heard of the book named 'Indica' by Megasthanes, the Greek Ambassador to Chandragupta Maurya's court in Patliputra. They have clearly defined who constituted Indian people and Indian civilization.

Everyone can be traced back to Africa.

This comment seems like pot calling the kettle black.

Yes i have read them and they all describe current day Pakistan which was known by his river Indus. So Hind, Al-Sindh, Indoi and other names all are from Indus river.

@shan is right. 'India' never existed. It was always Pakistan. A gentleman just remembered the old name of Pakyavarta/Pakivarsha and styled it into 'Pakistan'. @shan - don't mind these evil bigot yindoo bigots. The whole world know that 'Indians' have no civilization. From Sanskrit to Panini, Chanakya to Aryabhatta - all where either Pakistanis or their descendents. It is time to remove the blot on history and restore the truth. Even Hinduism is a Pakistani faith. How dare the evil baniyas call themselves Hindus! As far as the historical monuments are concerned, I suggest the Government of Pakistan(inheritor of the Pre historic Government of Pakistan) to copyright them so that no one else can claim them again.
@Gautam - I guess you will also agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i have read them and they all describe current day Pakistan which was known by his river Indus. So Hind, Al-Sindh, Indoi and other names all are from Indus river.

Then you didn't read it properly. moreover, current India inherits these names. Pakistan created out of that historical India by a Gujarati man non-native to current Pakistani territory.

Arabic and Persian name Yunan for Greeks and Sanskrit names Yona/Yavana for Greeks came from the ancient Greek territory of Ionia. Megasthanes was too a native of Ionia. But Ionia is no more in Greece, it lies in Western Turkey now.

Actually many have already started mentioning Pakistan instead of ancient-India. The latest report which debunked Sarasvati river myth never once said Ancient India or Harappa being in India. Thats how neutral historians will write history going forward.

The latest report you quoted only debunked that Saraswati was glacier fed river, it still accept the possibility that Gaggar-Hakra being the ancient Saraswati river.

@shan is right. 'India' never existed. It was always Pakistan. A gentleman just remembered the old name of Pakyavarta/Pakivarsha and styled it into 'Pakistan'. @shan - don't mind these evil bigot yindoo bigots. The whole world know that 'Indians' have no civilization. From Sanskrit to Panini, Chanakya to Aryabhatta - all where either Pakistanis or their descendents. It is time to remove the blot on history and restore the truth. Even Hinduism is a Pakistani faith. How dare the evil baniyas call themselves Hindus! As far as the historical monuments are concerned, I suggest the Government of Pakistan(inheritor of the Pre historic Government of Pakistan) to copyright them so that no one else can claim them again.

Please dont try to play smart and steal Pakistan's history. I am going to share information from a documentary which could not be released because of RAW. They did not let the truth out.

According to my secret sources in RAW, The excavation in Uganda, Somalia and North Pole has proved that there were people in "ancient Pakistan" who used to go there for BIJNESS. Those ancient Pakistanis also had some Scriptures along with them which mentions the name "Landoos, The Land Of Indus." Yes, that's right. It mentioned the name in English. May be because Ancient Pakistanis knew that English was going to be a global language.

You will be surprised to know that even Neil Armstrong found these scriptures on the moon. But because of India's pressure, he did not utter a word. Obviously India don't want these info coming out, hindis wanna keep this a secret as it will burst their bubble and destroy their so called ancient history.

I could have shared more info, but it would be very offensive to all Indians here. Moreover, it would not serve any cause to Dalits.

as for topic, No comments!!

Bold part: You are perhaps comparing with US slavery. But, in any old society a vanquished group of people or race would become virtual slave of the victor. There are hundreds of example for which I do not think you need citation.

The victors imposed their will on the vanquished. The women were enslaved even in Arab when Muhamed (saw) was there. The Muslim victors virtually enslaved the women of vanquished Arab tribes. In order to save your face as a Muslim, you will protest by saying that the Muslim men married those women. But, the marriages were forced or you can say those were rapes by today's standard.

Similar things also happened in the long past in India when the locals were subjugated by the fair skinned immigrant Aryans. This is what I said was slavery. The polygamist Aryan men took wives for many centuries from the locals. This is how the blood has mixed, and Y-chromosome of many low caste Hindu men of today directs to Aryan ancestors.

History was always like this. In every society similar things happened. And after a few thousand years of similar type of mixings mankind has evolved today to a level that we are now.

I am not trying to defend any society here, & there is no doubt that the conquerors took the women of the conquered. That was common in warfare throughout history. I was actually comparing Vedic society to Greco-Roman & Arab societies where slavery was common. In that sense, slavery was absent from the Sub-Continent. What you are referring to is in fact political, cultural, & military dominance, that is what allowed the Vedic people to marry lots of indigenous women. I simply do not consider that slavery in any sense unless those indigenous wives were lacking certain crucial rights. It would be a generalization to assume that every marriage during conquests was forced, there must have been consensual marriages as well. Of course there is the possibility that consent may have been provided under coercion. The Vedic people & other immigrants did indeed mix with the locals, but their main regions of settlement remained the north western & to an extent the northern regions of the Sub-Continent.

**********​

Anyway, here is some interesting information from Wikipedia regarding the city of Balkh in Afghanistan.

Balkh

Balkh is one of the oldest cities in the world and is considered to be the first city to which the Indo-Iranian tribes moved from the North of Amu Darya, between 2000 - 1500 BC. The Arabs called it Umm Al-Belaad or Mother of Cities due to its antiquity. The city was traditionally a center of Zoroastrianism. The name Zariaspa, which is either an alternate name for Balkh or a term for part of the city, may derive from the important Zoroastrian fire temple Azar-i-Asp. Balkh was regarded as the first place where Zoroaster first preached his religion, as well as the place where he died.

Since the Indo-Iranians built their first kingdom in Balkh (Bactria, Daxia, Bukhdi) some scholars believe that it was from this area that different waves of Indo-Iranians spread to north-east Iran and Seistan region, where they, in part, became today's Persians, Pashtuns, and Baluch people of the region.

Well that book was only cited twice in the genetic study if I am correct. The first citation was to refer to migration dates, & the other was regarding the caste system. It didn't mention "Nazi" in the title, but its title indicates that it was meant to discuss nationalistic or possibly racist ideas in Europe. Regardless, that book is irrelevant now because the genetic study that cites it only referred to it for information regarding the caste system & migration dates. I thought you referred to that book to make the genetic study sound racist, which it most certainly is not as proven by its content. The study is legitimate, & its results are without a doubt interesting.

Alright, that's my mistake. I was aware that the Swastika was used in European cultures as well. The only reason I associated the Nazi Swastika with Harappa is because of the similarity in their appearance & design, but that Bulgarian Swastika is undoubtedly closer to the Nazi one, especially because of the circle around it. However, it should be noted that the word "swastika" is of Sanskrit in origin, & so is the word "Arya".

Actually, the Indo-Iranians are a branch of Indo-European tribes that spoke Avestan & Sanskrit originally. If you are referring to that genetic study, then any mention of similarity to European DNA is in fact Indo-Iranian DNA because there were no migrations from mainland Europe to the Indus, Afghanistan, or Iran. Yeah, the IVC & Vedic people are not related but they did interact later on. Sanskrit & Harappan languages were different, but Sanskrit borrowed many loanwords from other languages, some of which are lost today. Understanding the Harappan script is a must in my opinion, & it will broaden our understanding of those people greatly.

Let's ignore the Nazis, I honestly have no clue as to how they referred to themselves as Aryans. The ancient Greek & Roman people never called themselves Aryans, in fact it was the Medians that called themselves Aryans with a lot of pride. The Greeks however referred to the Medians as "Medians". Historically, it was only the Indo-Aryans & Indo-Iranians that called themselves "Aryans", the term originally referred to the Indo-Iranian tribes, but later on expanded to include people that followed Aryan culture. You might find this quote below from Darius the Great interesting.

Inscription of Darius the Great at Naqsh-e-Rostam

It's true that the IVC covered pretty much all of Pakistan. However, I still maintain that the Vedic people were different from the Harappans on account of the genetic, historic, cultural, & linguistic evidence we have available. Let's not forget about the evidence provided to us from the Iranian civilizations either. The writers of the Rigveda were Indo-Aryans & they were related to the Indo-Iranian tribes that wrote the Avesta. I would also like to apologize if my post #153 sounded rude. I was simply trying to explain that the genetic study was a legitimate & neutral source.

I am not sure about the Caspian Sea, but Central Asia is a likely possibility. Hopefully, future research & studies will clarify this issue.

What I meant was, why was the caste system created apart from assigning different groups different jobs?

That's not necessary, I do not require any pictures, neither am I interested in them. Based on what you have stated, the castes in India have probably mixed up, thus their appearance is bound to vary.

When I look at any such study critically, I also look at the non-genetic/non-scientific references which are apparently cited to justify a particular viewpoint which may not justifiable through the scientific data output or may need emphasis in presenting certain conclusions. Such non-genetic/non-scientific references in many cases are required as well, to make sense of the study and unless selected carefully do colour the conclusions that are drawn. To me, the study may have coloured itself towards a particular hue by citing those references and thus inferred inappropriate aspects. And it was not the racist content which was cited but a quoted opinion which was doubtful. At least this is how I function.

Here I would like to quote from a very interesting book written by a Russian, Elena E. Kuz'mina, The Origin of the Indo-Iranians, edited by J. P. Mallory.

Quotes:

A triumph of Russian Indo-Iranian studies was the international symposium of 1977 in Dushanbe on “Ethnic problems of the history of Central Asia in the early period”. Among its participants were leading linguists, historians and archaeologists: I. D’yakonov, V. Abaev, V. Livshits, I. Steblin-Kamensky, G. Bongard-Levin, B. Litvinsky, E. Grantovsky, I. Aliev, M. Pogrebova, K.
Smirnov, E. Kuz’mina, V. Sarianidi, V. Gening, A. Askarov, I. Masimov, the anthropologist V. Alekseev and others. The general thrust of these studies was the localization of the Indo-Iranian homeland in the steppes and their subsequent migration to Central Asia (Asimov 1981: 44-52).

Also in attendance were Indian scholars, S. S. Misra, B. B. Lal, B. K. Thapar, R. C. Gaur, L. Gopal, and A. H. Dani (Pakistan), and European researchers, B. and R. Allchin, R. Ghirshman, K. Jettmar and V. Brentjes. The idea of an Indo-Iranian migration from the north predominated and the Aryans’ culture after their arrival in India was correlated with the Painted Gray Ware culture. The establishment of this hypothesis for an Indo-Iranian migration was a break-through in Russian science which had for years labored with the concept of autochthonous development. The symposium of 1977 brought euphoria. The Indo-Iranian attribution of the Timber-grave and Andronovo cultures received universal recognition.

However, 1980 saw the beginning of a heated discussion about the new concept formulated already in 1972 by the prominent linguists T. Gamkrelidze and V. V. Ivanov (1980; 1984). Assuming connections between the IE languages and those of the Caucasus and ancient Near East, they moved the original homeland to 4th millennium BC Eastern Anatolia, whence the Indo-Aryans (IA) went to Mitanni and India, and the Iranian Scythians, not until in the 8th century BC passed through Central Asia northwards into the steppes following the other Indo-Europeans. This hypothesis was dismissed by Soviet archaeologists. Many Near-Eastern borrowings were called into question by I. D’yakonov (1980).

Proceeding from completely different considerations, C. Renfrew in 1987 localized the Proto-Indo-Europeans in Anatolia, a center of inception of the Neolithic economy from where they passed in the 7th–6th millennium BC through the Balkans to settle in Europe bringing along farming and cattlebreeding skills. In doing so, according to his Model A, they immediately went eastwards to India, while according to Model B the original homeland of all the Indo-Iranians was localized in the steppes whence they later moved into Iran and India. C. Renfrew’s critics pointed out that the distribution of cultural innovations is often conditioned not by migration of a new population but by cultural borrowings.

A. and S. Sherratt (1988) expressed an alternative opinion holding that IE settlement and the Anatolian-Pontic interaction took place not in the 6th millennium BC but only after the secondary products revolution of the 4th millennium BC. In 1990 I. M. D’yakonov (D’yakonov 1990: 53-65) also placed the original homeland of the pre-Proto-Indo-Europeans in the 6th millennium BC in the Near East believing that S. Starostin had established ancient ties with the Caucasian languages and those of the Near East. He assumed a migration of the Proto-Indo-Europeans through the Balkans and Danube and linked it with the distribution of Linearbandkeramik culture. The Indo-Europeans continued to develop in Europe, and as for the Indo-Iranians, I. M. D’yakonov (1995: 123-130) acknowledged them to be the creators of the Andronovo culture linking their migration with the spread of this culture over the south of Central Asia.

In 1989 J. P. Mallory published In Search of Indo-Europeans, in which he most strictly and with much reasoning advocated the concept, expressed as early as the 19th century, of the localization of the IE original homeland in Europe, underlining the role of the Pontic steppes, the place of domestication of the horse.

In 1990 in Delhi, a conference was held at which a group of nationalistically charged intelligentsia declared that the hypothesis of the Aryans’ migration was created by imperialists, whereas India was the original homeland of the Indo-Aryans and that these were the founders of the high civilization of Harappa. This hypothesis is widely discussed and very popular in today’s India.

Continuing further from ^^^^^^

She also highlight some of the important hypotheses:

Hypothesis I: T. Gamkrelidze (1990: 5-14) apparently adheres to his previousstandpoint. But V. V. Ivanov in his report at the presidium of the Academy of Science in Moscow on 11 Sept. 2001 suggested that the Indo-Europeans did not penetrate through the Trans-Caspian deserts, but around the Pontic and he suggested that Marija Gimbutas’s hypotheses were no longer relevant, the range of the early Indo-Europeans being greater than the territory of the Pit-grave culture and that it coincided with the range of the horse in which he includes the Near East. Moreover, he emphasizes the importance of the horse and chariot in Arkaim, but assumes a migration of the founders of this culture from the south, from Mitanni where horse-training was for the first time developed by the Mitanni Aryans (Ivanov 1997: 22, 23).

In his article of 2002 he made the next important step. He speaks of Irano-Finno-Ugrian connections in the names of metals, admits the Yenisean or Tocharian, but predominantly (Indo-Iranian or Eastern Iranian Proto-Scythian attribution of Sintashta, yet he cites very interesting not only Iranian but Indo-Aryan etymologies, e.g., Dary-al, Ur-al, Ar-al.

Hypothesis II: The hypothesis of C. Renfrew (1990; 1999; 2002a, b) has also undergone a transformation. He has accepted some objections of his critics, linked the most ancient events of IE history with the Balkano-Danubian and North-Pontic region, underlined that M. Gimbutas’ hypothesis supported by D. Anthony (1986; 1995) for the role of the warrior-horsemen as the distributors of the IE speech in Europe has been questioned, and he flatly rejects the IE migration suggested by V. V. Ivanov and T. Gamkrelidze from the south-east through the Trans-Caspian deserts. Most importantly, C. Renfrew observed that he “no longer argues the case for hypothesis A” (Renfrew 2002b): “elements of consensus seem to be emerging. There is wide agreement with Kuz’mina’s view (1994) of the significance of Andronovo culture”, which “very probably represents the distribution of Indo-Iranian speech in the early second millennium BC” (2002: fig. 5). This marked the crossing of the second or Ural fault line (Mallory 1998b: 188) “and the steppes zone became a bridge across the Eurasian continent” (2002: 15). But further C. Renfrew emphasized that in the way of the final solution to the Indo-Iranian problem was “the third of Mallory’s ‘fault lines’, the Central Asian line”, as long as “archaeologically there is all too little trace of the ‘coming’ of the Indo-Iranians to the Iranian Plateau and to India” (Renfrew 2002: 15, 16).

Hypothesis III: J. P. Mallory (1996; 1997; 1998a, b; 2001; 2002; Mallory and Mair 2000), in a range of works focusing on the origin of the IE peoples, paid much attention to the Indo-Iranian ethnogenesis. He looked into the general theoretic problems and methods and from this standpoint gave a critical analysis of the proposed models. He underlined that the previously suggested dates of the break-up of the IE community were groundless since the terms related to the wheeled transport and the horse were common Indo-European (Mallory 1996: 8-11), but noticed at the same time that “the specific model proposed by Marija Gimbutas could also stand some readjustment” (Mallory 2002: 3, fig. 7).

While Summarizing she says, it should be noted that in spite of the serious disagreement, the Andronovan hypothesis gains an increasingly wide acceptance. However, not only its opponents, but also its adherents stress the “absence of distinct traces of the Andronovans’ migration outside the boundaries of Bactria and Margiana” and regard it as “a kind of movement very unlikely to have had artifactual correlates” (Burney 1999: 8), since the pastoralists from the north brought the Indo-Aryan language but not the pots. What are then the perspectives of Vedic archaeology?

She mentions Vedic Archeology. Lets see what is Vedic Archeology.

In his book Traditional India, O. L. Chavarria-Aguilar writes of Indians: "A more unhistorical people would be difficult to find." Vedic civilization believed in recording the eternal and infinite. The ephemeral details of daily life (so much the concern of contemporary people) need not be recorded, since they had so little bearing on the larger, more significant goals of human life. Leisure time was to be used for self-realization, cultural pursuits, and worship of God–not rehashing current events or the past. Therefore, practically no histories, according to the Western concept of history, exist today about ancient India, because none were written.

@ p(-)0ENiX, You said I did not quote references – so I quoted a few. :)

In 1990 in Delhi, a conference was held at which a group of nationalistically charged intelligentsia declared that the hypothesis of the Aryans’ migration was created by imperialists, whereas India was the original homeland of the Indo-Aryans and that these were the founders of the high civilization of Harappa. This hypothesis is widely discussed and very popular in today’s India.

So Indians on PDF are product of that generation? :omghaha:

So Indians on PDF are product of that generation? :omghaha:

The problem is indians always try to mix science with their own religion, that's why I will never trust any scientific or historical news coming out of India

Somebody save us from these quack geneticists !

There is some reality in it. :lol::lol::lol:

A Text Book of Pakistan Studies claims that Pakistan "came to be established for the first time when the Arabs under Mohammad bin Qasim occupied Sindh and Multan'; by the thirteenth century 'Pakistan had spread to include the whole of Northern India and Bengal' and then under the Khiljis, Pakistan moved further south-ward to include a greater part of Central India and the Deccan'. [...] The spirit of Pakistan asserted itself', and under Aurangzeb the 'Pakistan spirit gathered in strength'; his death 'weakened the Pakistan spirit'."
Pakistani textbooks controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom