What's new

Arundhati Roy: India's economic success a 'lie'

Her knowledge of Economics is no different from some people we have here on this forum. They don't even know the basics of a supply and demand graph and comment on world economic affairs. Indians don't hate Arundhati Roy because they don't care about her.

Stop fighting on such a trivial thing. Yes India has done better than what was the situation in early 90s. But we still have long way to go especially for what Planning Commission called 'inclusive growth'....benefit of growth should be reached to all citizens..........For Pakistani members... you need to spend time for progress of your own nation rather than searching for Arundhuti's comment just to prove Indian success is a lie....

(I used to think the thread starter a patritic Pakistani who wanted to do something positive for pakistan, however he has been changed as his user ID. Now more interested in point scoring ....very sad indeed)

if today mohammad yunus says bangladesh shud be slaves of usa bla bla bla wyud u like it?????????????

You really have no clue what you are talking about.

I'll just leave it to your ignorance. Not worth my dime arguing with you.

Half of what AR says makes no sense & is plain BS!

I recently watched a live interview of her's on a British news channel, so can't post any links! But she said she is against modernisation & development, what nonsense!
I do agree with her on one point though, GoI is selling the people of India's resources wayyyyyy below their actual value to foreigners, that is just wrong on all levels, there is no justifying this.

You really have no clue what you are talking about.

I'll just leave it to your ignorance. Not worth my dime arguing with you.

cudnt answer my question and calling it ignorance is ignoramus my friend..i hope ull understand

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

I recently watched a live interview of her's on a British news channel, so can't post any links! But she said she is against modernisation & development, what nonsense!
I do agree with her on one point though, GoI is selling the people of India's resources wayyyyyy below their actual value to foreigners, that is just wrong on all levels, there is no justifying this.

she is just a maniac syaing india shud be green bla bla bla and then riding ac cars to press conferences...it is hypocrisy at its best...

For God sake , If you really wish that people here keep the respect for you as a researcher then better do better research and then post something worth .

Oh my my, you don't like the truth do you? you find something worthless which says, "800 million people in India live on Rs20 per day, equal to 30 cents a day." whooo, hold on, so close to 75% people in India live on Rs20 per day? And India is the world richest country?

Give me a break and wake up, if this is not worthy news for you than nothing is. You Indians are the most deluded people on the face of the earth, get a reality check my friends, urgently, you desperately need it.

The UN count people on the basis of $1 a day or $2 a day, but 75% Indians live on far less of UN definition of poverty i.e. $1 day. at staggering 80% lower level than $1 day. Do you understand what kind of poverty is this? 80% lower than the lowest UN standard of poverty?

I have absolutely no doubt, most of the Indians are senseless deluded people. I said most, because there are some Indians like Arundahti, which saves your blushes, otherwise I would have written all the Indians.

I salute her for the truth, which off course I am aware of, thats why I try my best for the Indians to see the truth. But alas, you can not teach people without shocking them, old habits die hard.

What a joke, especially when Indians on this forum and every other forum spend all their time trying to prove China's success is a lie.

Stop fighting on such a trivial thing. Yes India has done better than what was the situation in early 90s. But we still have long way to go especially for what Planning Commission called 'inclusive growth'....benefit of growth should be reached to all citizens..........For Pakistani members... you need to spend time for progress of your own nation rather than searching for Arundhuti's comment just to prove Indian success is a lie....

(I used to think the thread starter a patritic Pakistani who wanted to do something positive for pakistan, however he has been changed as his user ID. Now more interested in point scoring ....very sad indeed)

This is not china, Its India, If you feel govt is looting you , you can come on street, you can topple the govt, you can go to court...\

Just yesterday Allahabad High court ceased the land accession by Uttar pradesh govt, Communist are wiped out coz they wanted to do china/Russia in West Bengal (looting ppl land).... Indian democracy allow us to rise against atrocities done by individual/state... And if she is so much concerned why don't she take part in election, and try to set an example (by developing her constituency)???

This lady is of no use, she is just an attention seeker... (like shahrukh khan )

Yar then just ignore her, why feel so insecure?

We feeling insecured if that's the case she would be killed like ur Pakistani journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad for taking something against ur ISI
So pakistani's please dont talk about Insecurity

Oh my my, you don't like the truth do you? you find something worthless which says, "800 million people in India live on Rs20 per day, equal to 30 cents a day." whooo, hold on, so close to 75% people in India live on Rs20 per day? And India is the world richest country?

Give me a break and wake up, if this is not worthy news for you than nothing is. You Indians are the most deluded people on the face of the earth, get a reality check my friends, urgently, you desperately need it.

The UN count people on the basis of $1 a day or $2 a day, but 75% Indians live on far less of UN definition of poverty i.e. $1 day. at staggering 80% lower level than $1 day. Do you understand what kind of poverty is this? 80% lower than the lowest UN standard of poverty?

I have absolutely no doubt, most of the Indians are senseless deluded people. I said most, because there are some Indians like Arundahti, which saves your blushes, otherwise I would have written all the Indians.

I salute her for the truth, which off course I am aware of, thats why I try my best for the Indians to see the truth. But alas, you can not teach people without shocking them, old habits die hard.
You just don't know anything...we live here and we have seen the improvement..
Care about your own homeland first?

Roy is an imposter in every sense...first of all she is not a Hindu..she is a Catholic Missionary who keeps a Hindu name...she wishes to convert Naxalities into Christian Crusaders against Hindus of India...she personally has a hatred for Muslims as well because she thinks "Islam is a religion of falsehood and retards which wants an excuse to oppress humanity to the limits"(...she personally thinks Muslims and Hindus should convert to Christianity.She is a shame for peaceful and nice Christians around the world.

click

She is like the environmentalists who wants 24 x 7 power in their homes but don't want power plants or dams to produce the power in the first place.

I don't know why Indians say so many bad thing about her.

I read her book, God of Small Things. It was a great read.

also read : Lajja written by another brave women .. sadly that women was chased out of her country :(

Back
Top Bottom