What's new

Arundhati Roy calls for end to Indian ‘occupation’ of Kashmir

My approach would be to expose the truth about Indian occupation and brutality to the world through mass media. The whole concept of soft power is alien to the Pakistani establishment, and that has been India's greatest advantage over Pakistan.

Pakistan exposing the 'Indian brutality' comes with the real risk of theirs getting exposed as well. Beware !

It is common knowledge that he supported the Baloch national movement, & was caught by the forces, & remained a political prisoner from 1975-77.

I'm just asking for a credible source.

BTW wasnt he imprisoned in 1999 by Nawaz for 'treason' ? ;)

You just proved what I accused you people of.

Hardly. Let me spell it out.

If source 'A' makes a claim, then that claim needs to be addressed. In Pakistan's case, it has been done numerous times.

Now, if 'B' and 'C' simply parrot A's claims without adding anything new of their own, then they don't deserve a separate rebuttal. They can be dismissed as irrelevant, opportunistic parrots.

A Roy is not given credence because she only focusses on one side of the story and worse still exaggerates it to such hyperbole by inserting her own imagination,prejudices that not even her peers dont give her any credibility.

She never claims to be a journalist, but an advocate. The latter, by definition, advocates a particular position. It is then up to journalists or others to present the rebuttal. That does not happen; instead we get threats about sedition, death, etc.

And as for standing up for their 'right', their 'rights' are not absolute and with every right comes a duty towards the state. Dont do the duty, dont claim the right.Its really that simple.

But they do not wish to be part of the state to begin with. The rights they are demanding are not their rights as Indian citizens, hence there is no 'duty' towards the Indian state. They specifically reject any connection with the Indian state.

Pakistan exposing the 'Indian brutality' comes with the real risk of theirs getting exposed as well. Beware !

India and the West have been doing that for a long time. It's time to return the favor.

I'm just asking for a credible source.

BTW wasnt he imprisoned in 1999 by Nawaz for 'treason' ? ;)

He was a political prisoner from 1975-77 for supporting the Baloch nationalist movement against the Pakistan forces.

Najam Sethi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was imprisoned for a month for treason charges by the Nawaz government, but freed by the Supreme Court in about a month.

Hardly. Let me spell it out.

If source 'A' makes a claim, then that claim needs to be addressed. In Pakistan's case, it has been done numerous times.

Now, if 'B' and 'C' simply parrot A's claims without adding anything new of their own, then they don't deserve a separate rebuttal. They can be dismissed as irrelevant, opportunistic parrots.

Then I can very well say A Roy 'parrots' the claim of Pakistanis.

She never claims to be a journalist, but an advocate. The latter, by definition, advocates a particular position. It is then up to journalists or others to present the rebuttal. That does not happen; instead we get threats about sedition, death, etc.

It doesn't matter who she is. And her claims are so hyperbolic and her vitriol so venomous that they dont even deserve a rebuttal. And yes if she calls for dismemberment of India the Rule of Law will kick in and she will be charged according to the relevant sections of IPC. That process is not dependent on the identity or the idealogy of that person.

But they do not wish to be part of the state to begin with. The rights they are demanding are not their rights as Indian citizens, hence there is no 'duty' towards the Indian state. They specifically reject any connection with the Indian state.

It is not for them to decide that.

No Punjabi or Bengali or Lakhnavi or Sindhi got that priviledge in 1947. I dont see what makes the Kashmiris so special to demand that right ?

If they feel so strongly they can make their way to Pakistan just like the Punjabi muslims or Bengali muslims or Lakhnavis.. I have no objection.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

He was a political prisoner from 1975-77 for supporting the Baloch nationalist movement against the Pakistan forces.

Najam Sethi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was imprisoned for a month for treason charges by the Nawaz government, but freed by the Supreme Court in about a month.

Where you spending the time editing Wiki ? ;)

I asked for a credible source.

It doesn't matter who she is. And her claims are so hyperbolic and her vitriol so venomous that they dont even deserve a rebuttal. And yes if she calls for dismemberment of India the Rule of Law will kick in and she will be charged according to the relevant sections of IPC. That process is not dependent on the identity or the idealogy of that person.

No Punjabi or Bengali or Lakhnavi or Sindhi got that priviledge in 1947. I dont see what makes the Kashmiris so special to demand that right ?

If they feel so strongly they can make their way to Pakistan just like the Punjabi muslims or Bengali muslims or Lakhnavis.. I have no objection.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Where you spending the time editing Wiki ? ;)

I asked for a credible source.

Did I edit the Soas website as well? It says the same thing:

SOAS CSAS Seminar - Najam Sethi 18.02.11

Did I edit the Soas website as well? It says the same thing:

SOAS CSAS Seminar - Najam Sethi 18.02.11

LOL this source just copies what is in Wiki...word by word...

So even though you havent edited Wiki (granted) an unreferenced claim in Wiki is hardly the paragon of credibility :lol:

I knew that was straight out from the forbidden place with no credible proof to back it up..

Except that she quotes and repeats claims by Kashmiris. Are you acknowledging, then, that Kashmiris are Pakistanis?

if she calls for dismemberment of India the Rule of Law will kick in

All she is asking is for the Indian army to respect human rights and for India to stand by its claim of being a democracy. If India views them as Indian citizens, then they have the right of democracy and to decide their fate (cf. Quebec in Canada). If India doesn't accord them that right, then it admits they are not Indians under the law, and must be given freedom.

Already addressed above.

India will allow plebiscite in Kashmir, once Pakistan allows plebiscite in Balochistan:)

The issue itself is that Indian 'sovereignty' is illegitimate in Kashmir.
Which law is violated by India's accession of Kashmir, that makes Indian sovereignty over Kashmir 'illegitimate'.?

My approach would be to expose the truth about Indian occupation and brutality to the world through mass media. The whole concept of soft power is alien to the Pakistani establishment, and that has been India's greatest advantage over Pakistan.

just like what your forces are doing in Balochistan and Waziristan??? a spade is a spade.

just like what your forces are doing in Balochistan and Waziristan??? a spade is a spade.

We have Balouchis and Pashtuns that live in these areas saying otherwise, stop trying to hate.

Kaka gal sun, tu Punjabi an te Hindustan tey ghod vich baan nu tyar an. Sharam auni chaiydi tinu. India ney kinay Sikh maray te fevi tinu koi sharam ney. Lanat ah twade vargay lokhan nu.

Except that she quotes and repeats claims by Kashmiris. Are you acknowledging, then, that Kashmiris are Pakistanis?

Dont we have Balochis decrying the excesses of the FC/PA in B'stan. Maybe Najam Sethi is just reiterating their claims.

All she is asking is for the Indian army to respect human rights and for India to stand by its claim of being a democracy. If India views them as Indian citizens, then they have the right of democracy and to decide their fate (cf. Quebec in Canada). If India doesn't accord them that right, then it admits they are not Indians under the law, and must be given freedom.

Democracy doesn't give the right to secede. National integrity comes before Democracy.

Famous example - American civil war. South seceded..North defeated the secessionary forces. They did not sit tight saying its a democracy. What you say is Anarchy.

Already addressed above.

I dont see how it was addressed.

Back
Top Bottom